Scientists Suggest That The Universe Knew

Every civilization insists on truth and honesty and every one, atheist or not, has failed to provide it. Including ours.
That'not at all true.
Might makes Right for most civilizations.
The overwhelming number of people on earth today do not live in just societies; we just ignore them for our own comfort.
Can you name a civilization that espoused dishonesty? Every civilization believes in "Might makes Right" and justice, they just all disagree on what exactly that means.

Do we live in a 'just' society? Your answer may differ from someone in the BLM movement.
Have you ever looked at the Muslims or the Chinese or the Hindus?
Totalitarianism in the mask of Truth is bull crap.

Do I live in a "Just Society"?
As a Jew I live amongst people who don't condemn you to a life of slavery based on genetics or a Bible that allows you to execute someone for wearing the wrong headgear.
Jews came to the horrendous US and couldn't get gainful employment so we started our own businesses and the horrendous US didn't burn our stores to the ground.

You better take a closer look at how you use your Liberal brain.

For a Conservative to survive an Ivy League school is an achievement.
My daughter went to one and had to ignore all the idiot Liberals who surrounded her.
So you're saying that the smartest, most learned, and highest achieving people are Liberals? I have to agree.
Did you miss my post about how Conservatives survive Ivy League schools?
If you give the administration the impression you don't worship MSNBC, you don't get admitted.
Actually, I have yet to meet a LWer or RWer who I couldn't crush within 15 minutes.
Never saw it. I think the crushing takes place exclusively in your own head.
I'm still waiting for an explanation of how single-celled, asexual organisms accidentally became millions of male/female pairs.
But I know an atheist will never address that issue.
Single-celled, asexual organisms exchanged DNA before there was sexual differentiation. They still do it. Once that mechanism was in place it was simple for evolution to create males and females.
Exchanging DNA?
How?
In mathematically impossible numbers...Accidents by the millions?

You should lose your teaching license.
And the bumble bee is aerodynamically incapable of flying.

Genetic exchanges among bacteria occur by several mechanisms. In transformation, the recipient bacterium takes up extracellular donor DNA. In transduction, donor DNA packaged in a bacteriophage infects the recipient bacterium. In conjugation, the donor bacterium transfers DNA to the recipient by mating.
That is true.
I Googled "single celled male/female" and found a scant few unfounded, pathetic theories on the subject.

I would just like some atheist scientist to have the gumption to address that issue outright.
Maybe you're asking the wrong question, try: "bacteria exchange genetic material"
I did...a scant number of bull crap theories that don't come close to answering what I'm asking.

Every civilization insists on truth and honesty and every one, atheist or not, has failed to provide it. Including ours.
That'not at all true.
The overwhelming number of people on earth today do not live in just societies; we just ignore them for our own comfort.
Can you name a civilization that espoused dishonesty? Every civilization believes in "Might makes Right" and justice, they just all disagree on what exactly that means.

Do we live in a 'just' society? Your answer may differ from someone in the BLM movement.

As a Jew I live amongst people who don't condemn you to a life of slavery based on genetics or a Bible that allows you to execute someone for wearing the wrong headgear.
Jews came to the horrendous US and couldn't get gainful employment so we started our own businesses and the horrendous US didn't burn our stores to the ground.

You don't speak for everyone. I doubt Muslims or Hindus would agree with your judgement.

You should know from your own story that no society is 100% just and different people in a society are often treated differently.

My daughter went to one and had to ignore all the idiot Liberals who surrounded her.
So you're saying that the smartest, most learned, and highest achieving people are Liberals? I have to agree.
If you give the administration the impression you don't worship MSNBC, you don't get admitted.
Actually, I have yet to meet a LWer or RWer who I couldn't crush within 15 minutes.
I'm still waiting for an explanation of how single-celled, asexual organisms accidentally became millions of male/female pairs.
Single-celled, asexual organisms exchanged DNA before there was sexual differentiation. They still do it. Once that mechanism was in place it was simple for evolution to create males and females.
Exchanging DNA?
How?

Genetic exchanges among bacteria occur by several mechanisms. In transformation, the recipient bacterium takes up extracellular donor DNA. In transduction, donor DNA packaged in a bacteriophage infects the recipient bacterium. In conjugation, the donor bacterium transfers DNA to the recipient by mating.
That is true.
I Googled "single celled male/female" and found a scant few unfounded, pathetic theories on the subject.

I would just like some atheist scientist to have the gumption to address that issue outright.
Maybe you're asking the wrong question, try: "bacteria exchange genetic material"
I did...a scant number of bull crap theories that don't come close to answering what I'm asking.
Maybe what you're asking is nonsense?

That'not at all true.

You don't speak for everyone. I doubt Muslims or Hindus would agree with your judgement.

You should know from your own story that no society is 100% just and different people in a society are often treated differently.
Of course barbarians wouldn't agree with me; they would execute me and you would consider that just.
And that, my friend, is your problem, not mine.

Try reading my post again.

Exchanging DNA?
How?

That is true.

Maybe what you're asking is nonsense?
I'm asking the right question and I'd like a scientific mind to address the question.
Don't think you're the first person I've asked...far from it.
All I get from Evolution worshipers is, "If you don't understand how it works, you're not smart enough for me to explain it."
Liberals use ad hominems when they can't explain something.

I'm asking the right question and I'd like a scientific mind to address the question.
All I get from Evolution worshipers is, "If you don't understand how it works, you're not smart enough for me to explain it."
So, you're saying many people have told you that you're not smart enough to understand it and they can't seem to explain it to you? Got it.

So, you're saying many people have told you that you're not smart enough to understand it and they can't seem to explain it to you? Got it.
Have a few cups of coffee.
What I ask any Liberal a question such as the questions I ask here, they won't answer it at all.
Because they can't...so 100% of them give the exact same canned response...
"If you don't understand how it works, you're not smart enough for me to explain it."

It's almost like RWers do with the canned responses Rush has programmed them to blurt out.

.that human beings would be along soon.

1.There’s another way to put that: government school grads will bridle if that were to be put in terms of the existence of God, or a Creator, but when scientists point out that far too many examples of the universe seemingly designed to support the survival of humanity……it boils down to just that.

2. Freeman John Dyson (15 December 192328 February 2020) was an English-born American physicist, mathematician, and futurist, famous for his work in quantum mechanics, nuclear weapons design and policy, and the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. He was the winner of the Templeton Prize in the year 2000. Freeman Dyson - Wikiquote

“The more I examine the universe and the details of its architecture, the more evidence I find that the universe in some sense must have known we were coming.”― Freeman John Dyson

3. If one were subject to, and subscribed to, government school indoctrination, the subtext was how terrible America is, and how imperative it is to destroy our heritage, tradition and, most of all, religion. The name for this attempt is ‘neo-Marxism.’ And atheism is your entrée into acceptance. But the facts revealed by physicists such as Dyson refute that….but you won’t be taught that anywhere but here.

4. Another physicist, an American one, Alan Lightman, wrote in Harper’s Magazine The accidental universe: Science's crisis of faith, http://www.harpers.org/archive/2011/12/0083720, which included the following:

“Theoretical physicists, on the other hand, are not satisfied with observing the universe. They want to know why. They want to explain all the properties of the universe in terms of a few fundamental principles and parameters. These fundamental principles, in turn, lead to the “laws of nature,” which govern the behavior of all matter and energy.

…according to various calculations, if the values of some of the fundamental parameters of our universe were a little larger or a little smaller, life could not have arisen. For example, if the nuclear force were a few percentage points stronger than it actually is, then all the hydrogen atoms in the infant universe would have fused with other hydrogen atoms to make helium, and there would be no hydrogen left. No hydrogen means no water. Although we are far from certain about what conditions are necessary for life, most biologists believe that water is necessary.

On the other hand, if the nuclear force were substantially weaker than what it actually is, then the complex atoms needed for biology could not hold together.
As another example, if the relationship between the strengths of the gravitational force and the electromagnetic force were not close to what it is, then the cosmos would not harbor any stars that explode and spew out life-supporting chemical elements into space or any other stars that form planets. Both kinds of stars are required for the emergence of life. The strengths of the basic forces and certain other fundamental parameters in our universe appear to be “fine-tuned” to allow the existence of life.

The recognition of this fine tuning led British physicist Brandon Carter to articulate what he called the anthropic principle, which states that the universe must have the parameters it does because we are here to observe it. Actually, the word anthropic, from the Greek for “man,” is a misnomer: if these fundamental parameters were much different from what they are, it is not only human beings who would not exist. No life of any kind would exist.”

Of course you atheists can ignore the facts.....the science.....or, just have an epiphany.
Is this the kind of quackery that you learned in hom skooll? We don't know so it means it's an invisible guy who cares what we do? Um... no. It's only a theory until properly proven otherwise.

Human Evolution Evidence from the Smithsonian.

Those are actual physicists being quoted.....compared with the windbag you have been exposed as.

BTW.....I'm an Ivy League grad.

And you?
My Smithsonian link beats your TWO guys who have to pay to get into the Smithsonian. Too bad for you.

If you were an Ivy league grad you'd a) have a good job and wouldn't be here all the time, and b) you can't get through an Ivy League school by ranting and copy&pasting. EPIC FAIL. :biggrin:

And you?

Don't be shy......be proud of the Robert Fiance School of Cosmetology.
I didn't need college, I made several hundred million dollars on an invention I came up with when I was 20. I still win.

I believed it my job to show you to be an idiot.....I see you've taken over the task.
THANK YOU O DOMINATRIX QUEEN! :biggrin:

Another brilliant post by a government school grad.
A few things. First, the US public school system is actually about 14k school districts + almost 35k private schools. If you start looking at education on the level where decisions are being made - the district, or school level - you see a wide variety of outcomes and metrics. Even just breaking it down by state and looking at international PISA scores (a pretty standard international metric) you see that many portions of the US are doing well above the international average, and even would be ranked within the top 5–10 if ranked as countries (Bringing it back home: Why state comparisons are more useful than international comparisons for improving U.S. education policy).

As a nation, as a whole, we have the problem of public education being available for all in a diverse country with tons of immigrants. A huge part of the education gap is the fact that about 10% of our students are learning the language of instruction at any given time (English Language Learners in Public Schools). That means that they are trying to learn math, language arts, science, history, etc in a language that they do not speak natively and are in the process of learning to fluency.

In addition, the US, unlike many other countries, is philosophically very much anti-”tracking.” That is, we don’t have different basic course requirements and outcomes goals based on whether we think you are “college material” or should instead be taught a skilled trade. Many countries, particularly in Europe, have a model where students are tracked and usually the students in the non-college-bound tracks are not counted in international comparisons (Stopping German students in their tracks? - Marketplace). This complicates education as you try to be “all things to all students” and/or prepare kids (even mainstreamed “special ed” kids) that have no interest or aptitude as if they are all going to college.

The Universities, however, don’t have the same constraints as public schools. International students usually have to take an English proficiency exam prior to enrollment, and you better believe that admissions requirements “track” students into schools/programs according to test scores/past grades/other measures of ability. To turn a popular quote and comic on it’s head:

ifr8tHlvsv-ebulaHVirdI0F1OC7O5FHMZx80aKI9iFfpWEpAKwDVuj04W_ccSZ-NCNgNRr-Wnu0iUEjKVBe2X9iG76EnNGCHuXZ5UksJI6cM_UhczdliO4qWxsc-A=s0-d-e1-ft

Public schools in the US are told “teach everyone to climb that tree!” Colleges and universities are told “pick the test, and then pick the students to try and take that test.” Naturally, the latter has much better outcomes!

As for why the US has so many of these schools - we have a history of (relative to other contemporaries) high literacy rates, at least a nominal cultural meme of being a meritocracy, and we dodged most of the at-home infrastructure damage of two World Wars - letting our colleges and universities explode with students on the GI bill, filled with funding to race the Soviets in science and tech, and expanding rapidly while Europe was digging out the rubble (the US had a baby boom while the UK was still under strict rationing guidelines until 1954).
PoleChick is hom skoolled. She seems traumatized by it as well, since she always attacks regular schools. :cuckoo:
She went to an Ivy so she is one of the Chosen and obviously much smarter and more knowledgeable than the rest of us, or at least the people she quotes must be or they wouldn't agree with her. It is her noblesse oblige to enlighten the benighted masses so long as we acknowledge her elevated status. She is vaguely Judeo-Christian but never even made it to the ninth commandment. It is an honor to be insulted by such a one.
Everyone on the internet is rich, beautiful and went to an Ivy League school. Well, except you, I guess. :biggrin:

She's full of shit, she was hom skoolled.

1.There’s another way to put that: government school grads will bridle if that were to be put in terms of the existence of God, or a Creator, but when scientists point out that far too many examples of the universe seemingly designed to support the survival of humanity……it boils down to just that.

2. Freeman John Dyson (15 December 192328 February 2020) was an English-born American physicist, mathematician, and futurist, famous for his work in quantum mechanics, nuclear weapons design and policy, and the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. He was the winner of the Templeton Prize in the year 2000. Freeman Dyson - Wikiquote

“The more I examine the universe and the details of its architecture, the more evidence I find that the universe in some sense must have known we were coming.”― Freeman John Dyson

3. If one were subject to, and subscribed to, government school indoctrination, the subtext was how terrible America is, and how imperative it is to destroy our heritage, tradition and, most of all, religion. The name for this attempt is ‘neo-Marxism.’ And atheism is your entrée into acceptance. But the facts revealed by physicists such as Dyson refute that….but you won’t be taught that anywhere but here.

4. Another physicist, an American one, Alan Lightman, wrote in Harper’s Magazine The accidental universe: Science's crisis of faith, http://www.harpers.org/archive/2011/12/0083720, which included the following:

“Theoretical physicists, on the other hand, are not satisfied with observing the universe. They want to know why. They want to explain all the properties of the universe in terms of a few fundamental principles and parameters. These fundamental principles, in turn, lead to the “laws of nature,” which govern the behavior of all matter and energy.

…according to various calculations, if the values of some of the fundamental parameters of our universe were a little larger or a little smaller, life could not have arisen. For example, if the nuclear force were a few percentage points stronger than it actually is, then all the hydrogen atoms in the infant universe would have fused with other hydrogen atoms to make helium, and there would be no hydrogen left. No hydrogen means no water. Although we are far from certain about what conditions are necessary for life, most biologists believe that water is necessary.

On the other hand, if the nuclear force were substantially weaker than what it actually is, then the complex atoms needed for biology could not hold together.
As another example, if the relationship between the strengths of the gravitational force and the electromagnetic force were not close to what it is, then the cosmos would not harbor any stars that explode and spew out life-supporting chemical elements into space or any other stars that form planets. Both kinds of stars are required for the emergence of life. The strengths of the basic forces and certain other fundamental parameters in our universe appear to be “fine-tuned” to allow the existence of life.

The recognition of this fine tuning led British physicist Brandon Carter to articulate what he called the anthropic principle, which states that the universe must have the parameters it does because we are here to observe it. Actually, the word anthropic, from the Greek for “man,” is a misnomer: if these fundamental parameters were much different from what they are, it is not only human beings who would not exist. No life of any kind would exist.”

Of course you atheists can ignore the facts.....the science.....or, just have an epiphany.
Is this the kind of quackery that you learned in hom skooll? We don't know so it means it's an invisible guy who cares what we do? Um... no. It's only a theory until properly proven otherwise.

I hate it when the first response is by a pooh flinging monkey
Ya, she is pretty bad, isn't she? :biggrin:

Those are actual physicists being quoted.....compared with the windbag you have been exposed as.

And you?
My Smithsonian link beats your TWO guys who have to pay to get into the Smithsonian. Too bad for you.

If you were an Ivy league grad you'd a) have a good job and wouldn't be here all the time, and b) you can't get through an Ivy League school by ranting and copy&pasting. EPIC FAIL. :biggrin:
We need a pooh flinging monkey icon
No, you need one. Quick!

That'not at all true.

Of course barbarians wouldn't agree with me; they would execute me and you would consider that just.

Which one? They're all so stunning!! :biggrin:

A few things. First, the US public school system is actually about 14k school districts + almost 35k private schools. If you start looking at education on the level where decisions are being made - the district, or school level - you see a wide variety of outcomes and metrics. Even just breaking it down by state and looking at international PISA scores (a pretty standard international metric) you see that many portions of the US are doing well above the international average, and even would be ranked within the top 5–10 if ranked as countries (Bringing it back home: Why state comparisons are more useful than international comparisons for improving U.S. education policy).

As a nation, as a whole, we have the problem of public education being available for all in a diverse country with tons of immigrants. A huge part of the education gap is the fact that about 10% of our students are learning the language of instruction at any given time (English Language Learners in Public Schools). That means that they are trying to learn math, language arts, science, history, etc in a language that they do not speak natively and are in the process of learning to fluency.

In addition, the US, unlike many other countries, is philosophically very much anti-”tracking.” That is, we don’t have different basic course requirements and outcomes goals based on whether we think you are “college material” or should instead be taught a skilled trade. Many countries, particularly in Europe, have a model where students are tracked and usually the students in the non-college-bound tracks are not counted in international comparisons (Stopping German students in their tracks? - Marketplace). This complicates education as you try to be “all things to all students” and/or prepare kids (even mainstreamed “special ed” kids) that have no interest or aptitude as if they are all going to college.

The Universities, however, don’t have the same constraints as public schools. International students usually have to take an English proficiency exam prior to enrollment, and you better believe that admissions requirements “track” students into schools/programs according to test scores/past grades/other measures of ability. To turn a popular quote and comic on it’s head:

ifr8tHlvsv-ebulaHVirdI0F1OC7O5FHMZx80aKI9iFfpWEpAKwDVuj04W_ccSZ-NCNgNRr-Wnu0iUEjKVBe2X9iG76EnNGCHuXZ5UksJI6cM_UhczdliO4qWxsc-A=s0-d-e1-ft

Public schools in the US are told “teach everyone to climb that tree!” Colleges and universities are told “pick the test, and then pick the students to try and take that test.” Naturally, the latter has much better outcomes!

As for why the US has so many of these schools - we have a history of (relative to other contemporaries) high literacy rates, at least a nominal cultural meme of being a meritocracy, and we dodged most of the at-home infrastructure damage of two World Wars - letting our colleges and universities explode with students on the GI bill, filled with funding to race the Soviets in science and tech, and expanding rapidly while Europe was digging out the rubble (the US had a baby boom while the UK was still under strict rationing guidelines until 1954).
PoleChick is hom skoolled. She seems traumatized by it as well, since she always attacks regular schools. :cuckoo:
She went to an Ivy so she is one of the Chosen and obviously much smarter and more knowledgeable than the rest of us, or at least the people she quotes must be or they wouldn't agree with her. It is her noblesse oblige to enlighten the benighted masses so long as we acknowledge her elevated status. She is vaguely Judeo-Christian but never even made it to the ninth commandment. It is an honor to be insulted by such a one.
Everyone on the internet is rich, beautiful and went to an Ivy League school. Well, except you, I guess. :biggrin:

Compared to you a comic strip character is intelligent.

That'not at all true.

The one I posted for you...the mentally retarded.

Compared to you a comic strip character is intelligent.
Did you think of that one all by yourself? Were you hom skoolld too?

That'not at all true.

So why did god make me mentally retarded?

That'not at all true.

So nice people can help you.
You probably misused your intelligence in a prior lifetime and were brought, unable to hurt anyone physically, monetarily, etc, and were brought back to gain acceptance to an eternal spiritual existence.
The people who are taking care of you also needed to make amends for being selfish and will now earn eternal spiritual existence.

Any other questions?

That'not at all true.

You probably misused your intelligence in a prior lifetime and were brought, unable to hurt anyone physically, monetarily, etc, and were brought back to gain acceptance to an eternal spiritual existence.
The people who are taking care of you also needed to make amends for being selfish and will now earn eternal spiritual existence.

Any other questions?
So you believe in re-incarnation? Is that part of god's plan?

That'not at all true.

Any other questions?
So you believe in re-incarnation? Is that part of god's plan?
Yes.
God is infinite.
The vision of god given to you was of a man who died and became a god.
We are, in our true essence, primarily spiritual beings.

Forum List

Back