Scientific proof the lock downs will kill more people

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
This Economy is a Real Killer

Back during the Obama recession the Huffington Post put this out about the ill effects of unemployment.

After crunching the numbers, Brenner calculated that for every one percent increase in the unemployment rate (an additional 1.5 million people out of work), we can expect an additional 47,000 deaths.

So let's assume the unemployment rate increases by at least 10%, that is about half a million dead due to lock downs.

But do Progressives care about that? No. They only care about YOU giving THEM an infection that might kill them or their children.

You will NEVER hear about all the hundreds of thousands that drop dead because of the stressors of the lock down, in fact, they will probably all be contributed to Covid.

Back during the Obama recession the Huffington Post put this out about the ill effects of unemployment.

After crunching the numbers, Brenner calculated that for every one percent increase in the unemployment rate (an additional 1.5 million people out of work), we can expect an additional 47,000 deaths.

So let's assume the unemployment rate increases by at least 10%, that is about half a million dead due to lock downs.

But do Progressives care about that? No. They only care about YOU giving THEM an infection that might kill them or their children.

You will NEVER hear about all the hundreds of thousands that drop dead because of the stressors of the lock down, in fact, they will probably all be contributed to Covid.

There are LIARS, DAMN LIARS AND STATISTICS. Are you familiar with dependent and independent variables?

I'm getting ready to do a road trip. Fuck a buncha' lockdown bullshit.

I've never spent any time in Michigan...

There are LIARS, DAMN LIARS AND STATISTICS. Are you familiar with dependent and independent variables?
Even if there's a kernel of truth to the OPlink, and imo there is, the real question is Trump's incompetence even now. How can anyone in good conscience argue we should reopen industries without ANY ability to test workers, any ability to test who had the virus, and ANY ability to quarantine newly sick workers and furlough those who came into contact with them. What Trump proposes is simply to say "it's the best we can do, and some will die" when the facts are that countries with fractions of our GDP to worker have done better.

The Obama Recession?

And Trump said he "strongly disagreed" with the Georgia governor opening his state. Trump is pro-lockdown.

That alternate universe is one whacked-out place.
Wait? Trump's pro lock down. But he is no lock down, isn't he? Or maybe sometimes lock down? … Wait, I blame Fauci

Please eat out a lot before you go and make lots of stops along the way.

Why?

I don't have a bottomless gas tank so, yeah, there will be stops.

And I've been getting take-out regularly for the last two months...

Last edited:
The idiocy, ignorancy, stupidity, number of terrified people over such a wimpy virus is astounding and staggering. I'm worried about the idiocy and stupidity thats infecting millions.

Even if there's a kernel of truth to the OPlink, and imo there is, the real question is Trump's incompetence even now. How can anyone in good conscience argue we should reopen industries without ANY ability to test workers, any ability to test who had the virus, and ANY ability to quarantine newly sick workers and furlough those who came into contact with them. What Trump proposes is simply to say "it's the best we can do, and some will die" when the facts are that countries with fractions of our GDP to worker have done better.
Can you cite where, in the rules, in the District of Criminals rules guide the criteria for defining essential?
There is "no question" that the answer to my question is there is no such rule- which brings up the question, where do idiots get their learning from? Oh, wait- never mind, my bad. Gov't mandated education is the problem either- why didn't I think of that?

1588791939849.png

Half backed horseshit is what this OP is.

Most people got $1200 per person paychecks and if you got laid off recently you are collecting around $1000 dollar a week in unemployment. Obviously generic statistics on unemployment-to-death correlations do not apply well here.

Most people got $1200 per person paychecks and if you got laid off recently you are collecting around $1000 dollar a week in unemployment. Obviously generic statistics on unemployment-to-death correlations do not apply well here.
Well I don't think we can continue paying the levels of stimulus we're paying. But that doesn't excuse Trump's negligence in not getting the numbers of tests places like SKorea and Germany procured to know when the virus is not longer spreading in an area, and which workers are not actually sick and can come back to work.

We're opening industries KNOWING that we will increase the numbers of dead people more than they'd increase with the testing other countries are doing.

Well I don't think we can continue paying the levels of stimulus we're paying.

We won't need to past July.

There's absolutely nothing scientific about the article ... correlation ≠ causation ... there's certainly an intuitive path to the conclusions the author makes, and "proof-by-graph" is allowed in intuitive reasoning ... but without detailed descriptions of the data collection, interpretation and statistical analyses; nothing can be said to be "scientific" here ...

2 million dead times $2 million each = $4 trillion ... Feds already have taken out $6 trillion in more debt ... my own children are in good spirits about this, it will be their children who have to pay for all this, not them ...

Please eat out a lot before you go and make lots of stops along the way.

Why?

I don't have a bottomless gas tank so, yeah, there will be stops.

And I've been getting take-out regularly for the last two months...
WE DON'T NEED GAS GAUGES. WE'LL KNOW WHEN WE NEED GAS

Hehehehe... Yeah, when you stop rollin'...

I don't know why we wouldn't need more stimulus in July if we didn't reopen the economy now. The British analysis that led Trump to the correct decision that we had to prepare for a five month shutdown.

But according to Scott Gottlieb reported cases and deaths are not coming down as much as we'd hoped, even though we stopped the virus from having the kind of peak the study predicted unless we shut down (outside of NYC which really shut down and probably bankrupted NY state.) I've no reason to doubt Gottlieb.

So we'll reopen. But biz aren't going to have the business they had. The Trumpanzees will ignore he was the one to call for a shutdown, and they'll ignore biz would be even worse if we'd seen even more of a spike than we saw. But at least we'll begin some econ activity.

My question is how can any man with any morality not have locked up enough testing to make sure every worker is not infected, and to locate the contacts of every worker who later becomes infected. It's not that we didn't have the abilty. It's just that Trump doesn't want ANY bad news. And morality and needless sickness and death aside, if illness actually go higher, customers are going to self-quarantine as much as they can. And the econ will not restart. So Trump's path is morally bankrupt (like the rest of him) and it may as unsustainable as stimulus forever.

I don't know why we wouldn't need more stimulus in July if we didn't reopen the economy now. The British analysis that led Trump to the correct decision that we had to prepare for a five month shutdown.

given no drastic spikes in cases and hospitalizations, everything except events involving big gatherings will be gradually re-opened by the end of May at which point unemployment will start to drop.

Oxford's vaccine will be tested this month on 6000 people and if that goes as expected we are looking at mass vaccinations by September.

if the virus gets a springboard effect from opening back up you wont have to worry about lock downs - they'll be shut downs.

Forum List

Back