Schools call for end to ‘archaic’ daily worship following UK census results

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

We had morning assembly every day in Junior school and sang Calon Lan. In senior school we had it once a week and nobody sang. You were ostracised if you did.

I think this move is probably long overdue. The kids aint listening.

We had morning assembly every day in Junior school and sang Calon Lan. In senior school we had it once a week and nobody sang. You were ostracised if you did.

Article >> Mark Shepstone, assistant head at Bungay high school in Suffolk, said the requirement for collective worship is simply ignored… “In the schools I have worked in since 2007, there’s never been a daily act of collective worship,” he said. “We still do assemblies and they will often have a moral message, but they aren’t daily.” He added that he could count on one hand the number of Christian assemblies he had seen in 15 years.

So in other words, this practice is already pretty ignored, just like sodomy laws on many govt. books. Well, I get it, but for anyone to suggest the practice of it was meaningless and made no difference in earthly affairs, that would be wrong, too. Unless of course, you believe God does not exist. Do you?

Also, less than half of U.K. polled identify as Christians, and 37% identify as “nones,’ i.e., no religious thought at all. <<< Those are not deep thinkers.

Article >> Mark Shepstone, assistant head at Bungay high school in Suffolk, said the requirement for collective worship is simply ignored… “In the schools I have worked in since 2007, there’s never been a daily act of collective worship,” he said. “We still do assemblies and they will often have a moral message, but they aren’t daily.” He added that he could count on one hand the number of Christian assemblies he had seen in 15 years.

So in other words, this practice is already pretty ignored, just like sodomy laws on many govt. books. Well, I get it, but for anyone to suggest the practice of it was meaningless and made no difference in earthly affairs, that would be wrong, too. Unless of course, you believe God does not exist. Do you?

Also, less than half of U.K. polled identify as Christians, and 37% identify as “nones,’ i.e., no religious thought at all. <<< Those are not deep thinkers.
Do you have a link to the benefits ?

Do you have a link to the benefits ?

My alma mater was run by brothers and priests in high school- and of course prayer and religious instruction was part of the syllabus.

The kids acted tremendously more behaved than those who attended the government schools where Almighty God was expelled.

We didn't have to worry about our fellow students shanking us in the boys room for our lunch money, because of the religious instruction which taught us that is wrong.

My alma mater was run by brothers and priests in high school- and of course prayer and religious instruction was part of the syllabus.

The kids acted tremendously more behaved than those who attended the government schools where Almighty God was expelled.

We didn't have to worry about our fellow students shanking us in the boys room for our lunch money, because of the religious instruction which taught us that is wrong.
The kids were probably scared of being fucked by the priests.

You just cheered the election of a theocrat in Georgia. You know you love this stuff.

Forum List

Back