School Creates "Modesty Ponchos" For Inappropriately Dressed Girls At Prom...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
School claims 'Modesty Poncho' was not meant to be worn by students, but to 'remind' them of prom dress code

A Catholic high school in Michigan has created “Modesty Ponchos” to hand out to female students considered inappropriately dressed for prom.

The ponchos are displayed on mannequins at Divinity Child High School in Dearborn, along with a note: “If your dress does not meet our formal dance dress requirements — no problem! We've got you covered — literally. This is our Modesty Poncho, which you'll be given at the door. :)"

The Modesty Ponchos come in different patterns and are all designed to be worn over the shoulders and dress of female students — like a poncho.

"We are trying focus on the inner beauty and not draw attention to something that doesn't need attention drawn to it," theology teacher Mary Pat O'Malley said to FOX 2. "It was really intended as a deterrent and a lighthearted one at that."

O’Malley came up with the idea for the Modesty Poncho as an addition to the school’s already detailed formal dress code agreement, which students and parents have to sign as part of the dress guidelines.

O’Malley and the high school principal told FOX 2 that no parents have complained about the proposed cover-up, but students are saying the poncho is a form of body shaming.

One student called it "slut shaming". Hey. Try not showing up to a Catholic school prom dressed like a slut.

some of these girls dress like wh**es
they get it from the singers that dress/talk/sing/''dance'' [ hahah ] like wh**es

in fact, wh**res have more clothes on than some of these girls/singers

My high school girlfriend wore ponchos.

I remember spending many a lunch time doing fun things under it.

A Catholic school enforcing a dress code that does not allow slutty prom dresses! What a nice change of pace! Finally. A Catholic school teaching proper Catholic shame.

School claims 'Modesty Poncho' was not meant to be worn by students, but to 'remind' them of prom dress code

A Catholic high school in Michigan has created “Modesty Ponchos” to hand out to female students considered inappropriately dressed for prom.

The ponchos are displayed on mannequins at Divinity Child High School in Dearborn, along with a note: “If your dress does not meet our formal dance dress requirements — no problem! We've got you covered — literally. This is our Modesty Poncho, which you'll be given at the door. :)"

The Modesty Ponchos come in different patterns and are all designed to be worn over the shoulders and dress of female students — like a poncho.

"We are trying focus on the inner beauty and not draw attention to something that doesn't need attention drawn to it," theology teacher Mary Pat O'Malley said to FOX 2. "It was really intended as a deterrent and a lighthearted one at that."

O’Malley came up with the idea for the Modesty Poncho as an addition to the school’s already detailed formal dress code agreement, which students and parents have to sign as part of the dress guidelines.

O’Malley and the high school principal told FOX 2 that no parents have complained about the proposed cover-up, but students are saying the poncho is a form of body shaming.

One student called it "slut shaming". Hey. Try not showing up to a Catholic school prom dressed like a slut.
Private schooling. Yeah!

Yeah, I got in big trouble at my prom.
654c688099b2bc7db4009e22358e77ea.jpg

I'd want my dates poncho to be thigh length......
Of course I'd have her nekkid underneath so I could go for a quickie under the bleachers.

Of course I'd have her nekkid underneath so I could go for a quickie under the bleachers.
That's how catholic schools roll.

I wouldnt know about that.
But I do have fond memories of taking my dates virginity at the hotel later that night.

We had them for sluts that came to visit their man at the prison. You'd be surprised haw many stupid women would want to show it all in a room filled with convicts.

I wouldnt know about that.
But I do have fond memories of taking my dates virginity at the hotel later that night.

So which of your hands did you ask to be your date that night?

Forum List

Back