SC priest: no communion for obama voters

Millions of Christians are pro-life.

Here's a tip for y'all:

Roe v. Wade will NEVER be reversed.

The GOP needs Roe v. Wade to get votes more than women need it to get an abortions.

Their tax exempt status should be revoked.

IF they make no profits in their ventures, how would taking away their tax exemption as a non-profit hurt them? They still would pay no taxes, right? If they didn't make a profit?

i guess i don't really understand the tax code for nonprofits or not for profits?

Because to a liberal breaking the law to force change is acceptable. It gets results. No one has any rights or protections that can not be stripped by a Liberal when they "feel" it is the right thing to do. You know do as I say, not as I do.

As for Mac, I suggest you have a talk with some religious people, you haven't a clue. If you accept evil acts and use the excuse that " the Government told me to do it" YOU are sinning. You can not be forgiven because you are not stopping the sin, You are choosing to sin over and over. That is evil.

Millions of Christians are pro-life.

Here's a tip for y'all:

Roe v. Wade will NEVER be reversed.

The GOP needs Roe v. Wade to get votes more than women need it to get an abortions.

I do think there are some Republicans who use Roe v. Wade as a method to obtain votes. However, there are some Republicans - Mike Huckabee, for example - who care deeply about the issue and would, in fact, have Roe v. Wade overturned if it were up to them.

I believe there are some Democrats who need Roe v. Wade in order to justify a moral position they are not quite comfortable with.

It goes both ways.

I am pro-life both personally and politically. I would have it overturned tomorrow if I could.

IF they make no profits in their ventures, how would taking away their tax exemption as a non-profit hurt them? They still would pay no taxes, right? If they didn't make a profit?

i guess i don't really understand the tax code for nonprofits or not for profits?

Honestly, I don't understand the tax codes either. What I do know is that Church's can lose their tax exempt status for violating separation of church and state.

I think that it's might actually be illegal.

That is to say that church could lose its not-for-profit status.

Separation of Church and state and all that, you know?

As for Mac, I suggest you have a talk with some religious people, you haven't a clue. If you accept evil acts and use the excuse that " the Government told me to do it" YOU are sinning. You can not be forgiven because you are not stopping the sin, You are choosing to sin over and over. That is evil.

I'm not the one committing the "evil acts." I find it hilarious, too, that someone who touts their intimate knowledge of the Bible and God's thoughts finds it acceptable to roam around the forum preaching hate. Did you not just call that other feller an idiot?

Hypocrite. Do you know what Jesus said about them?

Have you forgotten about separation of church and state, Sarge?

Telling Parishioners they shouldn't get Communion for voting Obama violates that.

Not really. If it was the other way around (If you want to vote or retain citizenship you have to belong to XXX religion) then you would be correct.

Various religions trying to influence government is no different that Unions trying to influence politics or any other special interest group.

Have you forgotten about separation of church and state, Sarge?

Telling Parishioners they shouldn't get Communion for voting Obama violates that.

No it does not. It has NO effect on Government at all. Only an Idiot would claim it does.

Does that mean we can remove tax exempt status from all the churches that OPENLY supported Obama? That preached his support from the Pulpit? That encouraged their church attendees to vote for Obama? If not why not? Using your logic.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I do think there are some Republicans who use Roe v. Wade as a method to obtain votes. However, there are some Republicans - Mike Huckabee, for example - who care deeply about the issue and would, in fact, have Roe v. Wade overturned if it were up to them.

I believe there are some Democrats who need Roe v. Wade in order to justify a moral position they are not quite comfortable with.

It goes both ways.

I am pro-life both personally and politically. I would have it overturned tomorrow if I could.

There are certainly individuals in the party who do care deeply about the issue. Mike Huckabee is a good example. The party, on the other hand, needs Roe v. Wade, IMO.

And yes, you make a good point that some Dems need Roe v. Wade, too.

I think that it's might actually be illegal.

That is to say that church could lose its not-for-profit status.

Separation of Church and state and all that, you know?

Bull.

I would agree if it were the other way around and the State were requiring citizens to belong to a certain religion.

You are implying that one cannot hold religious beliefs and participate in the democratic process and that is pure unadulterated crap.

Sex outside of marriage is permitted by our government's laws, girls or boys over the age of 16 can fornicate, legally, according to our laws....

should we not vote for any politician that is not insisting fornication laws be changed so that not only children should not be allowed to fornicate, but adults should not be permitted to fornicate either if not married to the person they are having sex with?

And not support any politician unless they INSIST that the laws on fornication be changed?

There is a reason we give unto caesar's what is his.....

We are to live our own lives as purely as possible....no law on the books is going to prevent this from happening.

A couple of benefits churches enjoy are not paying property taxes (worth billions of dollars overall and part of the reason everyone elses property taxes are so high) and donations to churches are tax free.

No it does not. It has NO effect on Government at all. Only an Idiot would claim it does.

Only an idiot would claim it has no effect on Gov't. Ironically, you pwn yourself in your very next paragraph. Clearly you believe that Churches openly supporting Obama effect gov't.

Does that mean we can remove tax exempt status from all the churches that OPENLY supported Obama? That preached his support from the Pulpit? That encouraged their church attendees to vote for Obama? If not why not? Using your logic.

And yes, that means you can remove tax exempt status from Churches that openly supported Obama, etc.

Not really. If it was the other way around (If you want to vote or retain citizenship you have to belong to XXX religion) then you would be correct.

Various religions trying to influence government is no different that Unions trying to influence politics or any other special interest group.

And they've been skirting the law for a long time now.

Church and State isn't a one way street.

A couple of benefits churches enjoy are not paying property taxes (worth billions of dollars overall and part of the reason everyone elses property taxes are so high) and donations to churches are tax free.

ahhhhhh, sorry, my brain was still in turtle mode....makes sense now though...the tax exempt for those that donate would be taken away, which would be critical to the church and the property taxes....

and yes, i do know that part of the tax exempt status for all non profits is not to politic....

ahhhhhh, sorry, my brain was still in turtle mode....makes sense now though...the tax exempt for those that donate would be taken away, which would be critical to the church and the property taxes....

and yes, i do know that part of the tax exempt status for all non profits is not to politic....
AND they don't pay sales tax...another big money loser for the states.

Forum List

Back