Say no to voting machines

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Reaction score
I like the way NYC does it.

Entirely mechanical, no electronics - and the "chunka" noise the lever makes is very satisfying.

OP
CultureCitizen

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the way NYC does it.

Entirely mechanical, no electronics - and the "chunka" noise the lever makes is very satisfying.
Oh . You should see the video first... hardware has mostly the same problems as software ( probably a bit harder to modify -pun intended . ) . I shall stick to pen and probably pencils to stay on the safe side.

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Funny how many Right Wingers get busted trying to "prove a point" and how few Left Wingers get busted for what you paint as a screwed voting system.

Let's call it what it is. You are butt hurt and mad.

timslash

Reaction score
Automation of the election process is very good idea, but not in our society! Society full of people who will vote only to earn some money!
When all officials will keep their promises - we will automate it!

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Reaction score
Voting machines can be perfectly safe if the proper procedures are put in place. Function testing, logic and accuracy testing then a post election manual audit.

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Any voting that requires software is suspect. Any software can be manipulated to cheat any testing at any time.

Plus, the zealots on both ends of the spectrum cannot be trusted not to mess with the system. They. Have. Gone. Nuts.

Every last vote should be on hard copy so it can be re-counted. I'm willing to wait longer for results.

Last edited:
OP
CultureCitizen

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Voting machines can be perfectly safe if the proper procedures are put in place. Function testing, logic and accuracy testing then a post election manual audit.
Oh the video has a comment on that :
"Congratulations! You have just invented the most expensive pencil".

OP
CultureCitizen

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't mean that you can't not be lazy and list some bullet points for your OP.
Ah, yea, but I can't match how he gets exasperated as he explains each of the points.
I found it quite funny and it only lasts for about 5 minutes.

HenryBHough

Gold Member
Reaction score
Since machines are taking on jobs Americans don't want - or have priced themselves out of - and that a majority of Americans won't get off the couch to vote then how does one build a case to disenfranchise hard working machines?

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List