Saturn Moon Titan Has Molecules That Could Help Make Cell Membranes

If it could happen here it can happen elsewhere. What reason would you think we are unique?
You seem to have no idea how unique this planet is. We have found ZERO with the conditions that allow life to EXIST, let alone FLOURISH.

Wen you ignore the evidence of a Creator, you grasp for imaginary straws.

Earth May Be a 1-in-700-Quintillion Kind of Place - D-brief
What planets around another star have you looked at close enough that you could even say? Zero?

You seem to not realize how many stars planets and moons there are in the universe.

As far as we know we are all alone. That doesn't mean we are alone.

And I don't ignore the arguments for a creator. It's just that they all have fatal flaws. There may be a creator. We've been wondering that ever since we started wondering. I'm constantly looking for signs of a creator. Have you seen any? A beautiful planet that suits you is not evidence.

But it is amazing. We are in the sweet spot now. That doesn't mean it will always be right for human life. There will come a time humans will no longer be able to live on this planet but tardigrades will survive. And there was a time when trilobites lived here long before us or dinosaurs.

So here's what you don't realize. You are not central to the universe. We are not central to the universe. You thinking we are makes you arrogant. So there might be a creator and he has living things around every star. Maybe 5 billion years ago, maybe now, maybe 5 billion years from now.

Lastly, we've located how many planets and stars in the Goldilocks zone? 50? How do you know there isn't life on those planets?

30 minutes and two blunts with me. After that, I'll have you looking at existence in a very scientifically spiritual way. :afro:

That is not what the article stated. Quite obviously you did not read it. People like you are afraid to read anything that might show your favorite mythology to be just that.
Why do you get so angry and resort to personal attacks?

Yes, I read that article and many others on the subject.

All scientists have is a theory about a theory and not much else. ..... :cool:

I highly doubt there's life on Titan. Methane is a terrible solvent.
I can clearly remember the first time we explored the rift zones, and discovered life that we would have considered impossible prior to that exploration.

Well, luckily for me, I'm one of those people that likes to be proven wrong. lol ;)

I am curious to know what people think about methane that it would be the catalyst for life on a frozen solar gas station, though.
I hear ya. If you dumped sugar into liquid methane it wouldn't disolve. It would simply settle out. That's what makes water so clutch as a solvent. A great many elements and compounds can be dissolved in it, and remain in solution. One of sciences key factors for life to happen.

However, I do think far too much import is given to the idea that it must be a planet, where we will find life... The numbers are against such a theory (Earth not withstanding) with moons being more prevalant, while offering extreme variety.

Actually, I'm with you on the habitable moon part. There are trillions of stars with even trillions more moons.

1.) Jupiter's gravitational effects are enough to keep the cores of its moons hot at half a billion miles away from the sun. If Jupiter were as close as we are to the Sun (or even as far away as Mars), Europa would be a giant ball of liquid water.

2.) While there are more rocky worlds in the Milky Way than gas giants, rocky worlds don't tend to have nearly as many moons as a gas giant.

3.) Could you imagine THIS view in the sky 24/7?? Holy crap! :D

RingsFromSurface2.jpg

The Milky Way's 100 Billion Planets
They were talking about a planet in the habitable zone in alpha centuri. They deduced by using models that humans can't live on this planet. Too much radiation for humans.

But we know that 6 foot worms live on our ocean bottom so deep photosynthesis doesn't apply. So if there are oceans and volcanos then there's probably life.

I suspect life like ours is rare. Most life is probably wild but if it can happen here I'm sure it happens elsewhere.

I think people who think we are the only life are close minded. They don't comprehend how big the universe is and they don't like science. Religion plays a big part. They like to think they are special and have all the answers

If it could happen here it can happen elsewhere. What reason would you think we are unique?
You seem to have no idea how unique this planet is. We have found ZERO with the conditions that allow life to EXIST, let alone FLOURISH.

What planets around another star have you looked at close enough that you could even say? Zero?

You seem to not realize how many stars planets and moons there are in the universe.

And I don't ignore the arguments for a creator. It's just that they all have fatal flaws. There may be a creator. We've been wondering that ever since we started wondering. I'm constantly looking for signs of a creator. Have you seen any? A beautiful planet that suits you is not evidence.

But it is amazing. We are in the sweet spot now. That doesn't mean it will always be right for human life. There will come a time humans will no longer be able to live on this planet but tardigrades will survive. And there was a time when trilobites lived here long before us or dinosaurs.

So here's what you don't realize. You are not central to the universe. We are not central to the universe. You thinking we are makes you arrogant. So there might be a creator and he has living things around every star. Maybe 5 billion years ago, maybe now, maybe 5 billion years from now.

Lastly, we've located how many planets and stars in the Goldilocks zone? 50? How do you know there isn't life on those planets?

30 minutes and two blunts with me. After that, I'll have you looking at existence in a very scientifically spiritual way. :afro:
I'm hi I'm hi now enlighten m

I'm already hi enlighten me

That is not what the article stated. Quite obviously you did not read it. People like you are afraid to read anything that might show your favorite mythology to be just that.
Why do you get so angry and resort to personal attacks?

Yes, I read that article and many others on the subject.

All scientists have is a theory about a theory and not much else. ..... :cool:
Do you know what a scientific theory is? When one blows away your god hypothesis that's hard to overcome. Yet for you religionists you have cognitive dissonance when it comes to facts logic reason and common Sense. Instead you're gullible, wishful thinking and superstitious.

That's ok we are still a very young species. It's a primitive trait slowly going away

For people who think we are alone. Do they believe no other planets in the universe have an atmosphere? We know other planets have water on them. We know other planets are in the habitable zone.

Now we don't know how life got started but if it happened here why couldn't it elsewhere.

As many stars as there are there are probably thousands of other intelligent life out there if not millions. But maybe hundreds. How about dozens? Would they be able to fathom 5 other planets in the entire universe that have intelligence?

To me it's harder to believe we're alone

I can clearly remember the first time we explored the rift zones, and discovered life that we would have considered impossible prior to that exploration.

Well, luckily for me, I'm one of those people that likes to be proven wrong. lol ;)

I am curious to know what people think about methane that it would be the catalyst for life on a frozen solar gas station, though.
I hear ya. If you dumped sugar into liquid methane it wouldn't disolve. It would simply settle out. That's what makes water so clutch as a solvent. A great many elements and compounds can be dissolved in it, and remain in solution. One of sciences key factors for life to happen.

However, I do think far too much import is given to the idea that it must be a planet, where we will find life... The numbers are against such a theory (Earth not withstanding) with moons being more prevalant, while offering extreme variety.

Actually, I'm with you on the habitable moon part. There are trillions of stars with even trillions more moons.

1.) Jupiter's gravitational effects are enough to keep the cores of its moons hot at half a billion miles away from the sun. If Jupiter were as close as we are to the Sun (or even as far away as Mars), Europa would be a giant ball of liquid water.

2.) While there are more rocky worlds in the Milky Way than gas giants, rocky worlds don't tend to have nearly as many moons as a gas giant.

RingsFromSurface2.jpg

They were talking about a planet in the habitable zone in alpha centuri. They deduced by using models that humans can't live on this planet. Too much radiation for humans.

But we know that 6 foot worms live on our ocean bottom so deep photosynthesis doesn't apply. So if there are oceans and volcanos then there's probably life.

I suspect life like ours is rare. Most life is probably wild but if it can happen here I'm sure it happens elsewhere.

I think people who think we are the only life are close minded. They don't comprehend how big the universe is and they don't like science. Religion plays a big part. They like to think they are special and have all the answers

I get a chuckle out of what they're finding at the Centauri system, because I distinctly remember yelling into the internet back in '09 that those three should have been priority #1, but nooooo! lol

RingsFromSurface2.jpg

I get a chuckle out of what they're finding at the Centauri system, because I distinctly remember yelling into the internet back in '09 that those three should have been priority #1, but nooooo! lol
Remember lost in space? It's still on late on the weekends. They even mentioned alpha centuri

Well, I've never tried over the internet before lol, so I'll just go in spurts of things I've picked up along the way. I'm good with my views not toeing the line with any one religion or theorized view.

The thing that blew my mind the most was when I discovered all the things that the Bible referred to that would have easily been called the remote past even in the time of its authorship; like the time of the lowercase gods (Nephilim as Genesis called them), and the days before the flood.

The distant past when gods (or the sons of God) came from the heavens and meddled in all Earthly affairs is echoed everywhere on Earth in antiquity. There's something to be said about that when you step back and understand that these were paleolithic people trying to make sense of something much greater than them.

South Pacific island cult worship the spirit of an American World War II soldier | Daily Mail Online

History is far from settled and riddled with holes. The Dogon tribe in Mali, Africa goes back over 5,000 years and they already knew Sirius has a companion white dwarf star invisible to human eyes with a 50 year elliptical orbit around it. How the hell these primitive people knew all this thousands of years before the telescope are the kinds of questions that lead to some very interesting accounts of our history.

Well, I've never tried over the internet before lol, so I'll just go in spurts of things I've picked up along the way. I'm good with my views not toeing the line with any one religion or theorized view.

The thing that blew my mind the most was when I discovered all the things that the Bible referred to that would have easily been called the remote past even in the time of its authorship; like the time of the lowercase gods (Nephilim as Genesis called them), and the days before the flood.

The distant past when gods (or the sons of God) came from the heavens and meddled in all Earthly affairs is echoed everywhere on Earth in antiquity. There's something to be said about that when you step back and understand that these were paleolithic people trying to make sense of something much greater than them.

South Pacific island cult worship the spirit of an American World War II soldier | Daily Mail Online

History is far from settled and riddled with holes. The Dogon tribe in Mali, Africa goes back over 5,000 years and they already knew Sirius has a companion white dwarf star invisible to human eyes with a 50 year elliptical orbit around it. How the hell these primitive people knew all this thousands of years before the telescope are the kinds of questions that lead to some very interesting accounts of our history.
You know that the universe is expanding and at a faster and faster rate? Stars may have been much closer 5000 years ago. Lol

You know that the universe is expanding and at a faster and faster rate? Stars may have been much closer 5000 years ago. Lol

That's not the way the math works, though. ;)

Saturn's huge moon Titan harbors yet another possible key ingredient for life, a new study reports.

Titan's thick atmosphere contains large quantities of vinyl cyanide molecules, which could conceivably form membranes around cells in the liquid-hydrocarbon seas that dot the frigid moon's surface, according to the study.

Many astrobiologists regard these seas of methane as possibly habitable environments, especially considering that a variety of complex, carbon-containing organic compounds are known to exist on Titan. However, any life the moon's seas may support would have to be very different from Earth's organisms, which depend heavily on liquid water. [Amazing Photos: Titan, Saturn's Largest Moon]

Cell membranes are a case in point. Here on Earth, membranes consist of fatty molecules called lipids. But lipids cannot survive in the otherworldly Titan environment, which features a hydrocarbon-based weather system and average surface temperatures of around minus 290 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 180 degrees Celsius), study team members said.

I have never heard of vinyl cyanide.

There is zero life on any of the moons or planets outside of our own. This is a pure science-fantasy piece, claiming life "could exist" just because there are elements that support life. Carbon compounds don't just mix together and magically create life. Stop spreading lies.

Saturn's huge moon Titan harbors yet another possible key ingredient for life, a new study reports.

Titan's thick atmosphere contains large quantities of vinyl cyanide molecules, which could conceivably form membranes around cells in the liquid-hydrocarbon seas that dot the frigid moon's surface, according to the study.

Many astrobiologists regard these seas of methane as possibly habitable environments, especially considering that a variety of complex, carbon-containing organic compounds are known to exist on Titan. However, any life the moon's seas may support would have to be very different from Earth's organisms, which depend heavily on liquid water. [Amazing Photos: Titan, Saturn's Largest Moon]

Cell membranes are a case in point. Here on Earth, membranes consist of fatty molecules called lipids. But lipids cannot survive in the otherworldly Titan environment, which features a hydrocarbon-based weather system and average surface temperatures of around minus 290 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 180 degrees Celsius), study team members said.

It's what early death metal was recorded on.

Many astrobiologists regard these seas of methane as possibly...

This quote from the OP; I find truly preposterous. Many Astro biologists...? Really? C'mon. Until you find life somewhere other than earth; the idea of such a profession is ludicrous.

These kinds of posts probably make God snicker.

I actually did laugh out loud. That was good.

These kinds of posts probably make God snicker.

I agree. Your posts probably make God snicker.

RingsFromSurface2.jpg

Imagine the surfing... Cowabunga!

There is zero life on any of the moons or planets outside of our own. This is a pure science-fantasy piece, claiming life "could exist" just because there are elements that support life. Carbon compounds don't just mix together and magically create life. Stop spreading lies.
But they did here. Why here and nowhere else?

I actually did laugh out loud. That was good.
That's because God is in you. You didn't laugh he did. It's called a possession

New Topics

Forum List

Back