"Sanctuary Cities" Are Done As Of January 20

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Now being reported. Legal process in place. Also, if these cities do not change their policies to match federal law, they will be liable for a refund to the taxpayers of EVERY dollar they have ever received from federal tax funds.

Link forthcoming.

I'll believe it when I see it... and I hope I do see it. If we can withhold federal highway funds for not enforcing a 21 year drinking age, we should be able to do this.

I think it is going to be a huge, drawn-out battle.

If you cut funding for the cities....and people begin to suffer for it - the Libs will blame the GOP, claiming they are heartless and want people to suffer and die. It will be up to Trump / the GOP to remind people THEY are not doing it, that the Mayors of these Sanctuary Cities are violating Federal Law, are making the well-being of criminal illegals in their cities a higher priority than law-abiding citizens, and that all the cities have to do to regain federal funding is to STOP violating Federal law....even in that means turning on and removing their mayors from power.

Now being reported. Legal process in place. Also, if these cities do not change their policies to match federal law, they will be liable for a refund to the taxpayers of EVERY dollar they have ever received from federal tax funds.

Link forthcoming.

Conservatives abandoning states rights for the long arm of big central government.

Interesting.

Conservatives abandoning states rights for the long arm of big central government..

Liberals do not have the right to violate Federal Law when they disagree with it or simply do not want to follow it. I know Barry has done so since the 1st week he became President & Hillary has done so all her life, but it is still CRIMINAL.

I personally don't want MY tax dollars to go towards funding cities' acts of violating federal law. If they want to do so, let them rely on / spend their own money to do so.

Conservatives abandoning states rights for the long arm of big central government..

Liberals do not have the right to violate Federal Law when they disagree with it or simply do not want to follow it. I know Barry has done so since the 1st week he became President & Hillary has done so all her life, but it is still CRIMINAL.

I personally don't want MY tax dollars to go towards funding cities' acts of violating federal law. If they want to do so, let them rely on / spend their own money to do so.

I'll believe it when I see it... and I hope I do see it. If we can withhold federal highway funds for not enforcing a 21 year drinking age, we should be able to do this.

No this is nothing like compelling states to change their drinking age laws. Because there was never a federal drinking age laws. There are federal laws on the books that are being broken by these cities. There is absolutely no reason why Sessions would not follow through on this threat. These cities cannot justify their actions in court and are going to be trounced.

lol, suddenly the Trumpbots love the federal government. Gee, what changed?

lol, suddenly the Trumpbots love the federal government. Gee, what changed?
Nothing. Conservatives have always been and still are for enforcing all laws, and Liberals - as usual - are for violating them. NOTHING has changed....yet. :p

Link forthcoming.

Conservatives abandoning states rights for the long arm of big central government.

Interesting.

Immigration is a federal responsibility, abortion and gay marriage are not.nread the constitution once, maybe the electoral college wouldnt be such a suprise

Link forthcoming.
US Constitution - Article I, § 9, Clause 4
No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

It would be unconstitutional to pass a new law to reclaim Treasury funds for legal disbursements to the several States in the past. it ain't gonna happen unless the Trump & co. want to finish off the job started by Bush & Co. wiping their collective ass's with the Constitution.

Link forthcoming.

Interesting.

Immigration is a federal responsibility, abortion and gay marriage are not.nread the constitution once, maybe the electoral college wouldnt be such a suprise

Abortion and same sex marriage are now constitutionally protected.

Link forthcoming.

Interesting.

Immigration is and always has been the realm of the federal government. States do not have the right o pass laws or act in a way that violates federal law. So, you 'd be OK with say MS passing a law outlawing abortion?

Link forthcoming.

Interesting.

As you people having been screaming for the last decade - immigration policy is the venue of the federal government. The courts have upheld this.

States rights are not in play.

Forum List

Back