Samuel L. Jackson calls on other celebs to sing song in support of unarmed blacks killed by police

Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
There's a line in this song that concerns me though:

"Calling out the violence of the racist police"

This sounds really broad, and to me it sounds like he's saying police in general are racist.
Maybe if it were worded differently, but this guys history makes me believe he's simply anti-cop.

Samuel L. Jackson invites celebs to sing 'I can't breathe'

Samuel L. Jackson posted a video to his public Facebook account Saturday, calling on celebrities who took the Ice Bucket Challenge to sing "We ain't gonna stop, til people are free" song.

"All you celebrities out there who poured ice water on your head, I challenge you to do something else," the famous actor said in his video message.

This weekend, protesters in cities, includingWashington, D.C. and New York called for justice for unarmed blacks shot by white police.

The protests brought together supporters of two black men: Eric Garner, who died as police in Staten Island, N.Y., tried to arrest him; and Michael Brown, who was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo. Grand juries in both cases did not indict the white officers on the scene.

The lyrics Jackson sings in his video are:

"I can hear my neighbor cryin' 'I can't breathe'

Now I'm in the struggle and I can't leave

Calling out the violence of the racist police

We ain't gonna stop 'til people are free

We ain't gonna stop 'til people are free"

Samuel L. Jackson invites celebs to sing I can t breathe

It's creepy the way these black celebrities are ignoring the fact that they are celebrating criminals.

Guess Sammy isn't concerned about the violence of blacks who kill other blacks which everyone with a brain knows happens thousands of more times a year in this country than police killing anyone, black or otherwise.

Another Koombya(sp) hate thread! Where is SJ, McGarrett, Shitspeeders and Matthew?

There's a line in this song that concerns me though:

"Calling out the violence of the racist police"

This sounds really broad, and to me it sounds like he's saying police in general are racist.
Maybe if it were worded differently, but this guys history makes me believe he's simply anti-cop.

Samuel L. Jackson invites celebs to sing 'I can't breathe'

Samuel L. Jackson posted a video to his public Facebook account Saturday, calling on celebrities who took the Ice Bucket Challenge to sing "We ain't gonna stop, til people are free" song.

"All you celebrities out there who poured ice water on your head, I challenge you to do something else," the famous actor said in his video message.

This weekend, protesters in cities, includingWashington, D.C. and New York called for justice for unarmed blacks shot by white police.

The protests brought together supporters of two black men: Eric Garner, who died as police in Staten Island, N.Y., tried to arrest him; and Michael Brown, who was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo. Grand juries in both cases did not indict the white officers on the scene.

The lyrics Jackson sings in his video are:

"I can hear my neighbor cryin' 'I can't breathe'

Now I'm in the struggle and I can't leave

Calling out the violence of the racist police

We ain't gonna stop 'til people are free

We ain't gonna stop 'til people are free"

Samuel L. Jackson invites celebs to sing I can t breathe
When the Trayvon Martin thing happened, I thought George Zimmerman was a Barney Fife wannabe, who shot his way out of getting his ass kicked.

But this Ferguson thing is very different, he assulated a cop.

As for the NY guy, he shouldn't have resisted at all (see Chris Rock's "How not to get your ass licked by the police"), but the police should have been able to keep from killing him, accidental or otherwise.

That all in mind...I'm inclined to agree that black men are a danger to police in greater frequency by percentage...and that is a problem that needs to be addressed.

An attitude of willingness to resolve that issue needs to exist on both sides, instead of two implacable enemies trying to blame the other completely

Yet you ignore the fact that whiote people kill cops at a far higher rate than blacks.

Yet you ignore the fact that whiote people kill cops at a far higher rate than blacks.

at a far higher rate? Prove that my niggah
I've posted it here before...do a search. I am through wasting time with the racists on this forum because in the end, your ilk will justify white people killing cops by calling someone a ngg3r

You've posted nothing. blacks murder at FIVE times the rate that whites do, if you had even a scintilla of evidence that suggested otherwise, you would post it, and not "racist" every time the topic comes up.

I've posted it here before...do a search. I am through wasting time with the racists on this forum because in the end, your ilk will justify white people killing cops by calling someone a ngg3r

You've posted nothing. blacks murder at FIVE times the rate that whites do, if you had even a scintilla of evidence that suggested otherwise, you would post it, and not "racist" every time the topic comes up.
NO, what I said is that whites kill COPS at a much higher rate...go ahead and change my words and wallow in your ignorance...the negro is gonna get you, racist scum.

NO, what I said is that whites kill COPS at a much higher rate...go ahead and change my words and wallow in your ignorance...the negro is gonna get you, racist scum.

then prove it

with you know FACTS

Forum List

Back