Salmon caught near Seattle proven to be inundated with antidepressants, cocaine & more

Contaminated Salmon, interesting considering the life cycle of a salmon is spent in the open seas which would lead one to conclude there was considerable contamination in the stream it was heading up to spawn with trace elements found in stomach and gill tissue, or this is just another alarmist BS thread. Now if this had been a farm raised salmon all bets are off.

Salmon caught near Seattle proven to be inundated with antidepressants, cocaine and more
(NaturalNews) We're all familiar with horror stories about juveniles on drugs, but normally it's humans that are involved, not fish. This case, however, involves juvenile chinook salmon who never had the chance to "Just Say No."

Disturbing new research has indicated that young salmon found in Puget Sound tested positive for more than 80 different drugs, including cocaine, antidepressants and dozens of other medications used by humans.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should this be a concern, oh yes in multiple ways:
Such as Breastfeeding mother
depending on the sensitivity of drug test , your drug test could come back dirty. It seems it would matter how high the drug concentration is, and or how sensitive the drug test is be it blood, or urine. Imagine having to fight your way out of a dirty drug test when you aren't even a user of drugs at all.

Not to mention what are these chemicals doing to the body in general. Anybody with a grain of sense realizes any drug issues by big pharma breaks down another part of the body after taking prescribed drugs for too long.
Washington (state) should start collection sites for unused prescription drugs and educate folks NOT to flush them down the toilet.
Let's be doubly sure to applaud Trump's relaxation of EPA regulations though. Obviously, the environmental protections in place are excessive. LOL
Yeah, that or just another example of expensive bungling federal bureaucracy that wastes money and accomplishes nothing other than employing masses of people.

This has to be a fake story. Seattle is a liberal sanctuary and as we know Liberals care so much about the environment.

Not only did I already provide you with a cute little link that takes you to the PRETTY little PICTURE that SHOWS where this story originated from. WOW LOOK at that. LOL

View attachment 102174

So... Liberals are dumping their drug tainted shit into Puget Sound. Uh OK. That's essentially what I said. (you missed the sarcasm)

Salmon caught near Seattle proven to be inundated with antidepressants, cocaine and more
(NaturalNews) We're all familiar with horror stories about juveniles on drugs, but normally it's humans that are involved, not fish. This case, however, involves juvenile chinook salmon who never had the chance to "Just Say No."

Disturbing new research has indicated that young salmon found in Puget Sound tested positive for more than 80 different drugs, including cocaine, antidepressants and dozens of other medications used by humans.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
depending on the sensitivity of drug test , your drug test could come back dirty. It seems it would matter how high the drug concentration is, and or how sensitive the drug test is be it blood, or urine. Imagine having to fight your way out of a dirty drug test when you aren't even a user of drugs at all.

Not to mention what are these chemicals doing to the body in general. Anybody with a grain of sense realizes any drug issues by big pharma breaks down another part of the body after taking prescribed drugs for too long.
Washington (state) should start collection sites for unused prescription drugs and educate folks NOT to flush them down the toilet.
Let's be doubly sure to applaud Trump's relaxation of EPA regulations though. Obviously, the environmental protections in place are excessive. LOL
Yeah, that or just another example of expensive bungling federal bureaucracy that wastes money and accomplishes nothing other than employing masses of people.
Bureaucracies trip over their own feet and complicate life unnecessarily; we've known for decades that it is the least efficient way to run an organization. But no one seems to have much interest in changing it.
I recall back in the 60's maybe early 70's, one of my uncles paid a big fine because he refused to stop flushing his toilet directly into the river. He'd been doing it forever and all the people he knew before that, and goddamit the government had no right or reason to make him dig a septic tank.
Eventually, the EPA won, and I can't say I'm sorry.

Good thing I don't like salmon.........
could be a cheap high
Salmon? Cheap?
You have a point, but have you priced an oxy lately?
Eight bucks a prescription if it's prescribed to me, which it isn't. I have VA. Besides I don't really like it so even when it was prescribed in the past I only took it when the pain was severe otherwise ibuprofen was enough. Unfortunately I can only take NSAIDs rarely any longer as the make my lower extremities swell if I take too much, my feet literally will look like balloons and walking becomes difficult.

So this is Trump's fault even though he's not even President yet?

Wow, you liberals are so fucking predictable.

You all should have been aborted by your moms.

could be a cheap high
Salmon? Cheap?
Eight bucks a prescription if it's prescribed to me, which it isn't. I have VA. Besides I don't really like it so even when it was prescribed in the past I only took it when the pain was severe otherwise ibuprofen was enough. Unfortunately I can only take NSAIDs rarely any longer as the make my lower extremities swell if I take too much, my feet literally will look like balloons and walking becomes difficult.
I'm sorry. But I meant oxy's on the street.

Fucking Russians, again!

So this is Trump's fault even though he's not even President yet?

Wow, you liberals are so fucking predictable.

You all should have been aborted by your moms.
No, of course it's not Trump's fault, but do you really think his PROCLAIMED stance on the subject is going to eliminate contaminated waste water in the future? Don't think so.

could be a cheap high
Salmon? Cheap?
Nope, haven't a clue, I'm no longer working with law enforcement and haven't been since 2012.

I am so sick of hearing stories like this.

Can't fucking people today get through one goddamned day without being drugged, both legally and illegally?

Goddamned drug addicts.

Contaminated Salmon, interesting considering the life cycle of a salmon is spent in the open seas which would lead one to conclude there was considerable contamination in the stream it was heading up to spawn with trace elements found in stomach and gill tissue, or this is just another alarmist BS thread. Now if this had been a farm raised salmon all bets are off.

It's actually old news; the studies go back a ways, and this is just a recent one. Another big pollutant is Prozac.

Prozac in the Water Makes Fighting Fish More Mellow - Inkfish

Antidepressant drugs found in drinking water; pharmaceuticals have now become environmental pollutants

... and on and on.

could be a cheap high
Salmon? Cheap?
Nope, haven't a clue, I'm no longer working with law enforcement and haven't been since 2012.
It runs about $1/mg, so not a cheap date.

Salmon? Cheap?
It runs about $1/mg, so not a cheap date.
Wow..... Maybe I should sell my 5 year old cache.......

NOT!!!!!

Yeah dumbass. Donald Trump wants us to eat hallucinating fish. If drugs are in your system you're going to be flushing some of it to the sewer when you go potty. How it's ending up in the Sound I don't know, maybe Trump is pumping it there from Florida.

Reminds me of this, from a post at History Net:

"And here is what bothers me so much about modern "scholarship." At what point did history become ethics? Why should we subvert the elusive search for facts to moralist concerns? So what if they are on or off the hook? If you want to be a preacher, go preach. If you want to save the world, go into politics. If you want to invent a world free of evil, take Prozac. ... History is the history of self-interested, competing, aggressive, selfish, murderous humans. At what point did it become a morality play?" -Dave WIlliams, George Mason Univ.

Forum List

Back