Russian General Admits Ukraine Just a 'Stepping Stone' to Invade Europe

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Akey Russian general who Russian President Vladimir Putin promoted this week views the invasion of Ukraine as a mere "stepping stone" to further conflict with Europe.
Putin launched the full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, sparking fears from many analysts that the Kremlin may have greater ambitions beyond taking control of its former Soviet neighbor. Russian commentators and lawmakers have often heightened those fears with their anti-North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) rhetoric throughout the war—routinely encouraging direct strikes on European and even American targets.

Loaded: 66.13%

Play
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:45

Quality Settings
Captions
Fullscreen

AA12I4v2.img
Newsweek
Russians' Support for Putin's War Hits All-Time Low as Election Looms
Unmute

View on WatchView on Watch
This week, Putin promoted Lieutenant General Andrey Mordvichev to the rank of Colonel-General. The military leader had already been serving in the role of commanding the Central Military District and Russian Central Grouping of Forces in Ukraine.
In a recent interview with Moscow's state-run Russia-1, a clip of which circulated widely on social media Saturday, Mordvichev said he believes Putin's war will last quite a long time and expand in the future.
"I think there's still plenty of time to spend. It is pointless to talk about a specified period. If we are talking about Eastern Europe, which we will have to, of course then it will be longer," the general said.
"Ukraine is only a stepping stone?" the interviewer then asked.
"Yes, absolutely. It is only the beginning," Mordvichev responded, who went on to say that the war "will not stop here."

This why Russia must be stopped in Ukraine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ons-of-bombs-on-laos-over-9-years/ss-AA1gtJv0

https://www.msn.com/en-us/community/profile/me?ocid=msedgntp

Attachments

• 1694293641984.png
    1694293641984.png
    68 bytes · Views: 6
Akey Russian general who Russian President Vladimir Putin promoted this week views the invasion of Ukraine as a mere "stepping stone" to further conflict with Europe.
Putin launched the full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, sparking fears from many analysts that the Kremlin may have greater ambitions beyond taking control of its former Soviet neighbor. Russian commentators and lawmakers have often heightened those fears with their anti-North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) rhetoric throughout the war—routinely encouraging direct strikes on European and even American targets.

Loaded: 66.13%

Play
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:45

Quality Settings
Captions
Fullscreen

AA12I4v2.img
Newsweek
Russians' Support for Putin's War Hits All-Time Low as Election Looms
Unmute

View on WatchView on Watch
This week, Putin promoted Lieutenant General Andrey Mordvichev to the rank of Colonel-General. The military leader had already been serving in the role of commanding the Central Military District and Russian Central Grouping of Forces in Ukraine.
In a recent interview with Moscow's state-run Russia-1, a clip of which circulated widely on social media Saturday, Mordvichev said he believes Putin's war will last quite a long time and expand in the future.
"I think there's still plenty of time to spend. It is pointless to talk about a specified period. If we are talking about Eastern Europe, which we will have to, of course then it will be longer," the general said.
"Ukraine is only a stepping stone?" the interviewer then asked.
"Yes, absolutely. It is only the beginning," Mordvichev responded, who went on to say that the war "will not stop here."

This why Russia must be stopped in Ukraine.

MSN

Microsoft News
All Cold Warriors that served in Europe, knew this from the beginning. That is why it is important for the US to support Ukraine.

All Cold Warriors that served in Europe, knew this from the beginning. That is why it is important for the US to support Ukraine.
Am surprised you agree with this Troll’s opinion on anything . His assertion here is childish ,though I can understand how old people locked in their past can still believe such out of date tripe . The Russian Federation is not the Soviet Empire and these days you take over regimes through lies and deceit coupled to huge financial investment and with lots of complex attached to strings for manipulation and misinformation . See Cuna as the most obvious example . But what exactly do you imagine the United Banana States is doing with its 170 to 190 military missions ? The OP , imho, is unworthy for even light hearted discussion as it is far fetched , dishonest and above anything else , preposterously hypocritical . That is —- standard Trolling .

Am surprised you agree with this Troll’s opinion on anything . His assertion here is childish ,though I can understand how old people locked in their past can still believe such out of date tripe . The Russian Federation is not the Soviet Empire and these days you take over regimes through lies and deceit coupled to huge financial investment and with lots of complex attached to strings for manipulation and misinformation . See Cuna as the most obvious example . But what exactly do you imagine the United Banana States is doing with its 170 to 190 military missions ? The OP , imho, is unworthy for even light hearted discussion as it is far fetched , dishonest and above anything else , preposterously hypocritical . That is —- standard Trolling .
Luiza, in this case I disagree. The cold war never ended. We just declared victory, without any assurance that they were renouncing their goals of control, adventurism, and domination, and the theory that military might makes right, along with destabilize and move in, setting up shop.

Because that's US mission?
Nah. We do adventurism (often not public knowledge) and we do butinski crap supporting allies (sometimes picked stupidly). We do nation building missions, which we totally suck at, and haven't been worth a crap at, since the end of WWII. That is one thing about the damned Russian government. They do not do nation building. If they go in somewhere, it is to prop up an ally or to go in that take the fk over putting a country or territory and natural resources under control of the Russian government, such as the case with Ukraine.

Ukraine is not part of NATO. Why are we fighting a proxy war with Russia?

Ukraine is not part of NATO. Why are we fighting a proxy war with Russia?
To keep them from taking over Eastern Europe, threatening their neighbors into submission, taking over and moving in to other parts of Europe, European Union and NATO and not costing American lives to do it. Remember. Russia can end this anytime they like, simply by withdrawing to their own country, as they did in Afghanistan when they failed to subdue that country. Non-Russian countries simply do not wish to give up their lands and be subject to Russian Rule, and have a mass genocide of the Ukrainian people, if Russia is successful, as they have never been kind-hearted victors.

The Russian Federation hasn't attacked and occupied a single country since it's existence in 1990 - till 2022 - 32 years of PEACE

I agree that the peaceful occupation of Crimea in 2014 was against international law.
Now take a look at NATO and the USA since 1990 - endless wars and aiding in the massive destruction of property and human lives.

To forward that The Russian Federation is a warmongering and expansionist country is totally ludicrous and can't even be proven by a single account.

The Russian Federation hasn't attacked and occupied a single country since it's existence in 1990 - till 2022 - 32 years of PEACE

I agree that the peaceful occupation of Crimea in 2014 was against international law.
Now take a look at NATO and the USA since 1990 - endless wars and aiding in the massive destruction of property and human lives.

To forward that The Russian Federation is a warmongering and expansionist country is totally ludicrous and can't even be proven by a single account.
Chechnya, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran (supporting that leadership with advanced military tech).. and that's not even mentioning Africa.

Last edited:
Luiza, in this case I disagree. The cold war never ended. We just declared victory, without any assurance that they were renouncing their goals of control, adventurism, and domination, and the theory that military might makes right, along with destabilize and move in, changed themselves and radically , though I am not at all clear in my mind how that came about , who most influenced the changes and shaped and what events specifically triggered who most shaped their fresh strategies it .
I am sure that the Federation has determined how to achieve a new post Cold War victory in different and fresh ways and it was most motivated by the financial rapes it suffered in the nineties when communism imploded. And it has never forgiven the US for the part it played in turning the Federation into a lawless jungle for a good few years .
Now with BRICS , the future is unveiled and the Federation has understood the importance of defeating NATO and getting everything they believe that they rightly should get when the Ukraine conflict is decided .
And so far that strategy appears to be totally on track with the UAF near to collapse and NATO unable to do anything but keep the war going without any clear idea of a detailed end position . Imho .

To keep them from taking over Eastern Europe, threatening their neighbors into submission, taking over and moving in to other parts of Europe, European Union and NATO and not costing American lives to do it. Remember. Russia can end this anytime they like, simply by withdrawing to their own country, as they did in Afghanistan when they failed to subdue that country. Non-Russian countries simply do not wish to give up their lands and be subject to Russian Rule, and have a mass genocide of the Ukrainian people, if Russia is successful, as they have never been kind-hearted victors.
A poor excuse by you.

Forum List

Back