Zone1 Russian EMP capabilities......why aren't we taking this seriously?

Slightly slower than the speed of light. Focault discovered that lightspeed is slowed in air, water and glass back in 1850. Speed of light is only C in a vacuum.

Yes, that's why I included the word 'atmosphere'. EMP's are limited to certain wavelengths, while lasers can be optimized a lot easier, these days, even tunable to multiple wavelengths and 'chirped'. They can also be 'relayed' over horizons. Distance limitations are being reduced almost daily in the research labs. Recent performances of the Israeli 'Iron Dome' lasers was above expectations.

Are those the wars America came in late and believe they won it for all the allies? Has America ever won a war? Even 1776 was down to the French.

As for Russia, they're probably escalate it's weapons if countries physically join Ukraine.

American combat kills were as high or higher than the Soviets, not to mention the Soviets had been crushed and only rescued by timely shipments of aid from Britain and kept in the war by the U.S., so yes we won, and the Soviets were jut the hired help is all.

They would still be holed up in Moscow today eating rats and each other if the Allied air power hadn't forces Hitler to withdraw most of the Luftwaffe and most of the anti-aircraft guns back to Germany to fight the bombing campaigns. Russia couldn't wipe its own ass then and it can't now.

Are those the wars America came in late and believe they won it for all the allies? Has America ever won a war? Even 1776 was down to the French.

As for Russia, they're probably escalate it's weapons if countries physically join Ukraine.

You would be speaking German first, then Russian, if not for Americans and our guns.

American combat kills were as high or higher than the Soviets, not to mention the Soviets had been crushed and only rescued by timely shipments of aid from Britain and kept in the war by the U.S., so yes we won, and the Soviets were jut the hired help is all.

They would still be holed up in Moscow today eating rats and each other if the Allied air power hadn't forces Hitler to withdraw most of the Luftwaffe and most of the anti-aircraft guns back to Germany to fight the bombing campaigns. Russia couldn't wipe its own ass then and it can't now.
In the wars, the allies used and paid for American help, just like Ukraine is receiving help from it's allies. Unfortunately, American soldiers were getting decimated, so the allies stepped in and coordinated American soldiers.

If you turn up late for a war and supply bodies and firepower, it doesn't give you the pass to claim you won the war. The Russian and Ukrainian war has been going on with the help of other nations and America's. If towards the end, America sends troops in, some Americans will claim victory on behalf of Ukraine and it's allies.

Take the colonies for example. Their asses were get whipped by the British, so France came to colonies rescue. So France won America's war of independence.

How many nukes has Israel launched in response to the nuclear threats it receives? The canary in the coal mine is a alive and thriving.
Israel is not a good comparison with Russia on the nuke situation being toyed with now. Israel is probably the most patient people in the world when it comes to being threatened by it's neighbors, and then delivering a mild response.

Wow no wins for America with you eh ? Are you actually an American citizen ? If so you must be a leftist in antifa garb (I.e. Anti-American).

EMP's are limited to certain wavelengths, while lasers can be optimized a lot easier, these days, even tunable to multiple wavelengths and 'chirped'. They can also be 'relayed' over horizons. Distance limitations are being reduced almost daily in the research labs. Recent performances of the Israeli 'Iron Dome' lasers was above expectations.

I'm not sure what you think EMP is, but it is nothing more than a large burst of electromagnetic radiation caused by acceleration of charged particles. That burst will be over a huge frequency range across most of the EM range from VLF to near visible light, UV.

Lasers on the other hand, are tunable only to frequencies of visible and non-visible light, 180nm to 1mm.

Also, EMP, because it contains low, middle, and high frequency waves will propagate over terrain, just like normal radio waves, where laser light must be reflected or refracted around obstacles.

Both laser and EMP are electromagnetic waves (particles) so they are both subject to the same inverse square law and will both lose their energy to the square of the distance. Laser, being focused, requires less energy to propagate further, but has a much smaller and directional swath of destruction ... like a bullet vs a bomb.

Israel is not a good comparison with Russia on the nuke situation being toyed with now. Israel is probably the most patient people in the world when it comes to being threatened by it's neighbors, and then delivering a mild response.

Actually it is; they use our systems, modified for their particular circumstances. No two situations are every going to be exactly the same, but the general rules will be. They can deliver a mild response because same as us they have other options that are actually better and more efficient.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you think EMP is, but it is nothing more than a large burst of electromagnetic radiation caused by acceleration of charged particles. That burst will be over a huge frequency range across most of the EM range from VLF to near visible light, UV.

Lasers on the other hand, are tunable only to frequencies of visible and non-visible light, 180nm to 1mm.

Also, EMP, because it contains low, middle, and high frequency waves will propagate over terrain, just like normal radio waves, where laser light must be reflected or refracted around obstacles.

Both laser and EMP are electromagnetic waves (particles) so they are both subject to the same inverse square law and will both lose their energy to the square of the distance. Laser, being focused, requires less energy to propagate further, but has a much smaller and directional swath of destruction ... like a bullet vs a bomb.

I know what they are and I know they're very near obsolescence; lasers are faster and more accurate. It's just a matter of money and deployment at this point. LAsers are tunable to UV wavelengths and on the higher ends long wavelengths, which combined with multiple wavelengths at different distances is quickly expanding their range every year, via a number of methodologies. They are getting smaller and using less energy as well, making them far more efficient than EMP, which comparatively is the equivalent of using a 20 pound sledge hammer to drive a finishing nail into a music box.

Lasers have a very wide range, including x-ray wavelengths. Nobody needs anything wider for military purposes.

Now I have to agree with this one... I'm scratching my head on that one.

It's the weird belief that our elites have that we can civilize barbarians, all humans are basically alike, etc. They have no sense of reality; Bush let his Christian fantasies screw up the aftermath of Iraq, and the same mentality carried over to Pakistan and Afghanistan, i.e. if only we were nice to them and gave them lots of free stuff they will love us.

In real life, no they won't, and in fact will take all that as a sign of weakness and slit out throats at the first chance. This is also what will happen with the 'reparations' scam and dealing with feral ghetto rats and barrio thugs in our own country

Wow no wins for America with you eh ? Are you actually an American citizen ? If so you must be a leftist in antifa garb (I.e. Anti-American).
'lol it's just the usual crazy anti-American BS from failed cultures, is all. Even Japan indulges in the stupidity; they don't teach their children real history either, and neither do we for that matter.

Actually it is; they use our systems, modified for their particular circumstances. No two situations are every going to be exactly the same, but the general rules will be. They can deliver a mild response because same as us they have other options that are actually better and more efficient.
Ok, but did you make your point ? Don't think so.

It's the weird belief that our elites have that we can civilize barbarians, all humans are basically alike, etc. They have no sense of reality; Bush let his Christian fantasies screw up the aftermath of Iraq, and the same mentality carried over to Pakistan and Afghanistan, i.e. if only we were nice to them and gave them lots of free stuff they will love us.

In real life, no they won't, and in fact will take all that as a sign of weakness and slit out throats at the first chance. This is also what will happen with the 'reparations' scam and dealing with feral ghetto rats and barrio thugs in our own country
Agree on some of your assertions, but not with all of them... Clean it up a bit.

Agree on some of your assertions, but not with all of them... Clean it up a bit.

Well I posted facts not 'assertions'; Israel doesn't need to respond to nuke threats with nukes, and neither do we or NATO for that matter.

Well I posted facts not 'assertions'; Israel doesn't need to respond to nuke threats with nukes, and neither do we or NATO for that matter.
Agree... You know that's not going to be the case right ?

War is pure hell, but if any nation tries to destroy another nation, whether it has a just reason or not, then the escalation can get way out of control if the bullet's and bomb's are seen as the only quick solution. It's never the quick solution because it always lead's to escalation either here or there.

Agree... You know that's not going to be the case right ?

War is pure hell, but if any nation tries to destroy another nation, whether it has a just reason or not, then the escalation can get way out of control if the bullet's and bomb's are seen as the only quick solution. It's never the quick solution because it always lead's to escalation either here or there.

Best way to peace is shutting down vermin before they have a chance to grow and generate much bigger wars. As I've said this one would have been over in a month if Biden had acted promptly.

Forum List

Back