Russia to offer MiG-29 aircraft at Argentina’s tender for fighter jets More: http://tass.com/defens

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
I wondered how long this was to take.

Russia to offer MiG-29 aircraft at Argentina’s tender for fighter jets

1182697.jpg

MOSCOW, December 4. /TASS/. Russia has sent Argentina all the necessary materials for taking part in a tender for fighter jets with its Mikoyan MiG-29 aircraft, Deputy Director of the Federal Service for Military and Technical Cooperation Anatoly Punchuk told TASS on Monday.

Punchuk is heading the Russian delegation at the Expodefensa 2017 arms exhibition in Bogota, Colombia. The arms show is be

More:

I wondered how long this was to take.

1182697.jpg

MOSCOW, December 4. /TASS/. Russia has sent Argentina all the necessary materials for taking part in a tender for fighter jets with its Mikoyan MiG-29 aircraft, Deputy Director of the Federal Service for Military and Technical Cooperation Anatoly Punchuk told TASS on Monday.

Punchuk is heading the Russian delegation at the Expodefensa 2017 arms exhibition in Bogota, Colombia. The arms show is be

More:
up To Sudan
Sudan Offers Russia To Establish Military Base On Its Red Sea Shore
https://southfront.org/sudan-offers-russia-to-establish-military-b...

Betyg: 4,9 - ‎13 recensioner
30 nov. 2017 - Sudan is willing to house a Russian military base on the Red Sea shore, as it should help fight contraband and slavery, according to Sudan's chairman of Defense and Security committee Al-Hadi Adam Hamid. He noted that setting up a base in the country would be reasonable, calling the decision ...

i can understand the Argentines wanting to go for politically favourable Russian kit but the MIG-29, really! what a lemon... if they must go for non western fighters they should at least go for the SU-35. Su-35 has long legs, great radar, counter measures and able to carry the new gen air to air, anti-ship and cruise missiles.

• Banned
i can understand the Argentines wanting to go for politically favourable Russian kit but the MIG-29, really! what a lemon... if they must go for non western fighters they should at least go for the SU-35. Su-35 has long legs, great radar, counter measures and able to carry the new gen air to air, anti-ship and cruise missiles.

Argentina is one of the poorest South American countries. Could be that they can't afford the SU-35.

Argentina is one of the poorest South American countries.
Could be that they can't afford the SU-35.

not sure about it, but you are right not much choices they have today

• Banned

They are barred from buying any decent fighter that will have any British Parts in it. This includes the US fighters as well as even the European fighters. The list of parts is pretty long. That pretty well leaves China and Russia and no one wants to buy the Chinese junk.

They are barred from buying any decent fighter that will have any British Parts in it. This includes the US fighters as well as even the European fighters. The list of parts is pretty long. That pretty well leaves China and Russia and no one wants to buy the Chinese junk.[/QUOTE] and Muscovite junk, my guess Chinese is way better
maybe you don't know but its a technological collapse in Muscovy in 2017
Russian weather satellite and 18 secondary payloads lost after rocket ...
28 nov. 2017 - A report published by Russia's Interfax news agency Tuesday quoted a Russian space industry source who attributed the apparent failure to human error. The source said a mistake uploaded to the Fregat's flight computer caused the upper stage to be in the wrong orientation for the main engine's first burn, ...

• Banned

They are barred from buying any decent fighter that will have any British Parts in it. This includes the US fighters as well as even the European fighters. The list of parts is pretty long. That pretty well leaves China and Russia and no one wants to buy the Chinese junk.[/QUOTE] and Muscovite junk, my guess Chinese is way better
28 nov. 2017 - A report published by Russia's Interfax news agency Tuesday quoted a Russian space industry source who attributed the apparent failure to human error. The source said a mistake uploaded to the Fregat's flight computer caused the upper stage to be in the wrong orientation for the main engine's first burn, ...

China has a poor record of delivering Fighters, tanks, etc. to their use to be customers that don't crash, or whatever when the country that bought them accepts delivery. At least you know the Russian equipment will actually work/fly when you get it. The Chinese, not so much.

China has a poor record of delivering Fighters, tanks, etc. to their use to be customers that don't crash, or whatever when the country that bought them accepts delivery. At least you know the Russian equipment will actually work/fly when you get it. The Chinese, not so much.
Russia´s Sojus and China´s Long March rockets dominate the world market.

No, old soviet outdated, could work/fly more or less, "Russian" equipment doesn't exist , all equipment what Muscovy uses /sells today have been created in USSR (before 1991). they can show a new tank on TV , but its just a PROP. you can write to this military expert , i can give you some more contacts if you want FACEBOOK:

Олексій Арестович

Last edited:
Argentina is one of the poorest South American countries. Could be that they can't afford the SU-35.

No, old soviet outdated, could work/fly more or less, "Russian" equipment doesn't exist , all equipment what Muscovy uses /sells today have been created in USSR (before 1991). they can show a new tank on TV , but its just a PROP. you can write to this military expert , i can give you some more contacts if you want FACEBOOK:

Олексій Арестович
But Gollum, this is a serious thread. No place for you and your gollum shit.

Олексій Арестович

Good question if Argentina gets brand new Mig-29s they might be ready for combat in about 2 years. I don't think they can afford them though. But if they go with used Migs then it would be cheaper but take longer. Used Mig-29s have to be sent to a depot area and be refurbished. Someplace like China, Romania or Russia that has the kits.

Argentina has elected to buy the F/A-50 instead. The cost of the new trainer which is also a good fighter is less than it would cost to buy used Mig-29s.

Олексій Арестович

Good question if Argentina gets brand new Mig-29s they might be ready for combat in about 2 years. I don't think they can afford them though. But if they go with used Migs then it would be cheaper but take longer. Used Mig-29s have to be sent to a depot area and be refurbished. Someplace like China, Romania or Russia that has the kits.

Argentina has elected to buy the F/A-50 instead. The cost of the new trainer which is also a good fighter is less than it would cost to buy used Mig-29s.
Any source? It was initially Argentina that requested the Mig-29.

Russia to respond to Argentina request to buy 15 MiG-29

Олексій Арестович

Argentina is in dire straights due to them being considered an enemy of Britain and having what is thought to be an unstable economy. Here is a good read. The Russians haven't said no to the Mig-29 but the range is not good enough even with external tanks. Argentina can't afford the SU-30s new and there aren't any on the used market. I won't reprint any of the cite I am giving but it's a good read in a chonological method.

Two to Tango? Argentina Looking Everywhere for New Warplanes

The West won't sell them anything other than training AC right now. And even if they did, financing from the west just wouldn't happen. It would be cash and carry. Russia might cut a deal with them and help them finance it though for used Mig-29s just to poke Britain in the eye over sanctions. South Korea and the US will sell them the 12 pilot trainers though and it looks like Argentina can afford to pay for those.

Argentina has pretty well painted itself into a corner. Their economy is a mess. Anything using British parts or US parts (including the J-79) they can't pay for. Even when they already own these sooner or later they will have to take the bird off the line due to not being able to purchase spare parts.

Олексій Арестович

Argentina is in dire straights due to them being considered an enemy of Britain and having what is thought to be an unstable economy. Here is a good read. The Russians haven't said no to the Mig-29 but the range is not good enough even with external tanks. Argentina can't afford the SU-30s new and there aren't any on the used market. I won't reprint any of the cite I am giving but it's a good read in a chonological method.

The West won't sell them anything other than training AC right now. And even if they did, financing from the west just wouldn't happen. It would be cash and carry. Russia might cut a deal with them and help them finance it though for used Mig-29s just to poke Britain in the eye over sanctions. South Korea and the US will sell them the 12 pilot trainers though and it looks like Argentina can afford to pay for those.

Argentina has pretty well painted itself into a corner. Their economy is a mess. Anything using British parts or US parts (including the J-79) they can't pay for. Even when they already own these sooner or later they will have to take the bird off the line due to not being able to purchase spare parts.
Sounds like the Mig 29 is still the best option for them.

Олексій Арестович

It may be their only option. But the Mig-29 has such short range and can carry only one drop tank. The Mig-29 can only make it to the island with little loiter time when you carry weapons. Even with the one drop tank. It has only a 800 mile range without the drop tanks and no external weapons.

Argentina has about a year before Britain has their F-35B and it's new carrier in full service.

Argentina has been flirting with socialism since they offered sanctuary to Nazi criminals. The Brits kicked their asses in the Falklands war. If they want to pretend that they have a modern air force we will keep it our little secret.

It may be their only option. But the Mig-29 has such short range and can carry only one drop tank. The Mig-29 can only make it to the island with little loiter time when you carry weapons. Even with the one drop tank. It has only a 800 mile range without the drop tanks and no external weapons.

Argentina has about a year before Britain has their F-35B and it's new carrier in full service.
I doubt they are going to claim the islands.

Forum List

Back