...Russia says the pics are fake...

Americans can carry a gun without being declared a combatant but that doesn't apply in the Ukraine. Sadly there have been photos shown of mere children following their government's advice to carry a gun.
That would be an example of propaganda rising to the level of being a war crime in itself.

Americans can carry a gun without being declared a combatant but that doesn't apply in the Ukraine. Sadly there have been photos shown of mere children following their government's advice to carry a gun.
That would be an example of propaganda rising to the level of being a war crime in itself.
fuckin sock puppets excusing the murder of children with bullshit Kremlin lies

I can tell by looking at the source that it is bogus. I will not bother wasting my time on your propaganda. The video is an hour long, so I knew immediately, it is crap!
Well, the regular response to that is something like... I know you know what it is, but I'm not inclined to be like that today for some reason.

No it isn't. You don't know what you are talking about and literally just made that up on the spot.

No it isn't. You don't know what you are talking about and literally just made that up on the spot.
What do you mean I don't know what I'm talking about?
You could be the only American who wasn't made aware of the fact that Ukraine/Zelensky advised civilians to pick up guns to fight the Rusians.

There were even photos of children with guns.

How would Russian soldiers handle that kind of situation? Hopefully in a careful and thoughtful way?

African child combatants have nothing over Zelensky on this criminal behaviour!

What do you mean I don't know what I'm talking about?
You could be the only American who wasn't made aware of the fact that Ukraine/Zelensky advised civilians to pick up guns to fight the Rusians.

There were even photos of children with guns.

How would Russian soldiers handle that kind of situation? Hopefully in a careful and thoughtful way?
Which is not a war crime.

How will the Russians handle it? By indiscriminately slaughtering civilians. We don't have to guess.

Which is not a war crime.

How will the Russians handle it? By indiscriminately slaughtering civilians. We don't have to guess.
Well at least it didn't take you long to understand that I do know what I'm talking about!

And then you show us that it's you who doesn't know what you're talking about.

Recruiting and using children under the age of 15 as soldiers is prohibited under international humanitarian law – treaty and custom – and is defined as a war crime by the International Criminal Court.Sept 1, 2021

Well at least it didn't take you long to understand that I do know what I'm talking about!

And then you show us that it's you who doesn't know what you're talking about.
Unfortunately for your silly lies, zelensky and the Ukrainian military did and do not recruit children.

So no, you don't know what you are talking about.

Putin’s Russia is a country of lies and losers.

Anyone who either hasn’t left or doesn’t want to leave is a loser.
'Nuts' (American reply to the Nazis request to surrender, Italy, WWII).

The World Health Organization said on Thursday (4/7th) that it had verified 103 attacks on Ukranian health care sites and ambulances since Russian forces invaded the country on February 24th.
The organizaton said in a statement that the attacks had resulted in 73 deaths and 51 injuries. Most of the attacks were on health care centers, while 13 affected transportation of the sick and wounded, including ambulances."

That was reported in yesterday's (4/9th) New York Times, page A8.

For context to what's happening in Ukraine, recall Russia's actions in Syria.
Here is reportage in 2019 from PHR --Physicians for Human Rights:

"Since the beginning of the conflict in Syria, PHR has documented 566 attacks on at least 350 health facilities,......"
"Bombed out emergency rooms. Destroyed maternity wards. Wrecked ambulances. Dead medical professionals. This is what the already beleaguered civilian population in Syria’s northwest is enduring following a ferocious renewal of systematic attacks on medical infrastructure.

These atrocities are not one-offs. Instead, as documented by Physicians for Human Rights (PHR), the bombing of health facilities to put them out of service is a field-tested tactic that is part of a broader strategy aimed at achieving military gains through the collective punishment of civilians.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that is western propaganda.
I think it is feet-in-the-street eyes-on reportage of what is happening.
Call me naive' but I am quite skeptical that the Ukranians are bombing their own hospitals.

I would like to see Ukraine give up those eastern territories and end this crap.

Those Ukrainians not sympathetic living in those areas may disagree and perhaps they could be relocated or something
You haven't followed this very closely, have you? It is not about some parts of Ukraine or even Ukraine as a whole. It is about 'the structure of security' in Europe. Read about Russian demands in December.

This week has brought a huge wave of war reportage coming out of Ukraine (and near nothing coming out of Russia).

Reports of Russian atrocities are all over the internet, broadcast/cable, and print news. It is damning Russia. No doubt about it.
Of course Russia is denying it, saying it was Ukranians killing Ukranians. And the American social media defenders of Russia claim the corpses are fake, the numbers of dead civilians mere propaganda. I'm not so sure. In fact, I don't believe Russian accounts. I certainly don't believe the shrilling from America's rightwing Putin defenders and minimizers of Russia's actions. I, for one, am skeptical on the 'genius'-ness or the 'wonderful'-ness of the invasion of Ukraine.

Below is reportage by a war photographer who was on-the-scene. He describes what he saw and what he photographed. I offer only a taster of his piece, it is quite long. If you want the whole enchilada, it would be in this link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2022/04/08/bucha-images-photographer/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" What I’ve seen in Bucha
Even for a veteran combat photojournalist, the scenes of atrocities in Ukraine are horrifying"

"Ukrainian forces were engaging in fierce battles against the Russians, but that trapped thousands of civilians, all cut off from media access, cellphone connections, electricity and water. Journalists couldn’t enter Bucha until Russian forces had withdrawn and Ukrainian troops had secured control of a city that now looks like the gateway to hell.

Once I got inside the city on March 30, I was stunned by the scenes of destruction among the civilian population. It was difficult to imagine how anyone had survived. Shattered Russian military equipment littered the streets, which were all lined by ruined homes.

I’ve covered decades of conflicts and wars as a photojournalist, but I’m struggling to find the words to express how horrified I am — and all my colleagues in the press are — by what is happening in Ukraine…..

My work has always allowed me to embrace the power of photography to allow others to connect to the people I see. I understand that many of my images are difficult to look at, but this is the reality of this war. The world needs to know that Russia, a superpower, has been targeting civilians every day since the start of the war in February and continues to do so more than a month later.

The first scenes I photographed along a main road captured burned corpses of Russian soldiers lying near destroyed military vehicles and trucks. One corpse was missing the lower part, from the waist down. Inside Bucha, soldiers warned me to follow the footsteps of a commander because there were mines — and even corpses could be booby-trapped.

I documented the bodies of civilians found inside their homes and in their yards. It was snowing and freezing, but traumatized civilians who had been seeking shelter underground throughout the fighting were out among all the mangled Russian military equipment. They looked both relieved and traumatized.

Now I return to Bucha each day from Kyiv — since the Russians have retreated from the area surrounding the capital, it is safe. Each time, it feels as though I am uncovering another layer of Russian atrocities.

Following a Ukrainian investigative task force one day this past week, I documented the corpse of a male civilian who had been shot and beheaded, left lying next to another body near a field. Farther ahead, another corpse had slits across its neck, evidence of an apparent attempt to sever its head.

Volunteers have for days collected the corpses of civilians found everywhere. I documented one body that had to be demined the day before so it could be investigated. The volunteers are faced with the gruesome task of placing each corpse — and sometimes just body parts — into a black body bag and bringing them to a local cemetery.

While I was there, I watched police authorities divide 56 bodies into two groups: those that had visible signs of war crimes and those that were either shot to death or burned in explosions. The second group included a family of six who had been burned beyond recognition in a nearby home. The body bags were unzipped one at a time as police officers took notes, and then they were zipped closed."

How can we believe anything after we saw the white armbands on the bodies in Bucha?

The only possible explanation for that would have to be the Russians killing them and then switching the armbands?

The World Health Organization said on Thursday (4/7th) that it had verified 103 attacks on Ukranian health care sites and ambulances since Russian forces invaded the country on February 24th.

"Since the beginning of the conflict in Syria, PHR has documented 566 attacks on at least 350 health facilities,......"

I don't think that is western propaganda.
I think it is feet-in-the-street eyes-on reportage of what is happening.
Call me naive' but I am quite skeptical that the Ukranians are bombing their own hospitals.
And here we're being told that Russians are in Syria protecting the cities at Syria's request and invitation?

A temporary delay of the PNAC agenda?

You haven't followed this very closely, have you? It is not about some parts of Ukraine or even Ukraine as a whole. It is about 'the structure of security' in Europe. Read about Russian demands in December.

I admit I have not followed it super closely. What I would like is to be able to live my life without Russia and Ukraine affecting me personally.

How can we believe anything after we saw the white armbands on the bodies in Bucha?

The only possible explanation for that would have to be the Russians killing them and then switching the armbands?
Somebody is deep into the putin propaganda ^^

C82DC19C-F76C-4ED2-8011-F2D79A65387A.png

Forum List

Back