Ronald Reagan, Roger Stone, Roy Cohn & RDonald Trump: How Trump took inspiration from American icons to orchestrate a revolution

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
note: I relied on material from Roger Stone's book about Trump to make this thread

just like Nixon, Trump's campaign was centered around a "set piece rally". Trump ran as the candidate of The Silent Majority (and is doing so again), appealing to forgotten Americans, running as the law and order candidate, this is not accidental. like Nixon, Trump understood that voters didn't really care about wonkish detail, otherwise they would have elected Gingrich or Romney/Ryan in 2012. Like Nixon, Trump is more pragmatic, interested in what will work, as opposed to what is philosophically pure. he's tired of seeing America lose. he is exactly the cheerleader the country needs.

Trump's timing in 2016 allowed him to take advantage of a perfect storm when it comes to voter disenchantment and the widespread belief that the system is rigged against the little guy. Sure, he's crude but voters love it. they want to stick their thumb in the eye of the establishment who have run the country into the ground

Last edited:
  • Banned
Roger Stone wanted to help Reagan win the presidency. that's when he was introduced to Roy Cohn, who introduced him to Trump

"so how can i help you, kid? This Jimmy Carter is a disaster. the peanut farmer is no damn good. Ronnie and Nancy are friends from the 50's when i was working for McCarthy, the poor dumb drunk son of a bitch. Ronnie stood up to the Commies in Hollywood and was a personal favorite of J Edgar Hoover"- Roy Cohn bellowed at Roger Stone

Trump had a low regard for Carter and called George HW Bush "a dud". "Ya see, Reagan's got the look. some folks have the look. Sinatra. JFK. And your man, Reagan. People are hungry for a strong leader, and Carter looks vacillating and weak" - Trump groused to Stone

Trump raised 100K$ for Reagan

also, Trump kept asking Stone about the latest polling of the race

Last edited:
I had gotten a request from my deceased uncle's estate to sign some papers. I wrote a 50 page letter about what a shit my uncle was.

That's what families are all about. Mary Trump is sad case. Her father was a severe alcoholic. Grandpa Trump cut the drunk out of his will. It happens.

• Banned
I had gotten a request from my deceased uncle's estate to sign some papers. I wrote a 50 page letter about what a shit my uncle was.

That's what families are all about. Mary Trump is sad case. Her father was a severe alcoholic. Grandpa Trump cut the drunk out of his will. It happens.
Mary Who?

Forum List

Back