Ron Paul skeptical about Trump's Syrian attack!

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
SO far I haven't seen a clue as to where Trump got the information that Assad used chemical weapons on his own people. Knowing that Trump is a pathological liar, I wasn't about to take his word on anything.. I searched for any clue that any one of the 17 US intelligence agencies was involved with the report Trump received. The result? NADA. I listened to all the media coverage and not one asked who provided the Intel Trump used to make his strike. TO me, that omission was very suspicious but all I could do was continue to search for some validation of those suspicions. Shortly thereafter I found this:

Syria 'chemical attack': What we know - BBC News

On Thursday, Turkey's health ministry said the initial results of post mortems carried out on three victims under WHO supervision suggested that they "were exposed to a chemical substance (Sarin)". They suffered "pulmonary oedema [build-up of fluid], increase in the lung weight and blood in the lungs", it added.

Deadly nerve agent sarin used in Syria attack, Turkish Health Ministry says

Greg

Of course Turkey would say that, they are on the rebels side, and now I guess we are as well. Funny Trump doesn't give a rip about pics of women and children fleeing Syria, who are not rebels.

On Thursday, Turkey's health ministry said the initial results of post mortems carried out on three victims under WHO supervision suggested that they "were exposed to a chemical substance (Sarin)". They suffered "pulmonary oedema [build-up of fluid], increase in the lung weight and blood in the lungs", it added.

Greg
So,Turkish autopsies are enough validation for Trump's knee jerk response? Even if the Turkish post mortem reports are true, that doesn't tell us who is responsible. Sarin gas is relatively easy to manufacture.
As Ron Paul suggested, anyone wanting to stir up more international opposition to Assad in this manner could do so easily. For me, Trump's actions are alarming because,ostensibly,he acted unilaterally and without validation.

The more I think about it, the more I think Trump did what he did to show the world he's not Obama.

The more I think about it, the more I think Trump did what he did to show the world he's not Obama.
That mode of reasoning would be consistent with Trump's narcissistic obsession to vilify Obama's presidency any way he can. However, with the pending firestorm of investigations over Russian connections ravaging his administration the Syrian attack was a convenient diversion.

Allow me to return to the comparison between Obama's response to Assad's chemical initiatives and Trump's response.
Critics on the right were quick to point a middle finger at Obama for allowing Assad to step over a "Line in the Sand" barring the use of chemical weapons. But have you heard the rest of the story?
Seemingly lost to history is the fact that Obama sought approval from Congress to use military force against Assad but was rebuffed. Realizing the political consequences of unilateral executive action at a time when the country was weary of war, Obama wisely bowed out; not because of pussilaminous proclivities but because he was wise.

Here is some further insight into his motives

The White House Just Confessed The REAL Reason For Syria Attack; It Is DISGUSTING (DETAILS) | Addicting Info | The Knowledge You Crave

Senior White House officials have just confessed that this attack against Syria was nothing more than a publicity stunt for Trump, to feed his out of control ego. According to those officials, the poorly planned missile strike (which ultimately failed) isn’t even part of a broader strategy or a step in a larger plan to remove Assad. It was absolutely meaningless, and its only purpose was to make Trump seem like a strong leader.

Furthermore:
Basically, Trump used the U.S. military to make it LOOK like he was taking some sort of action on Syria, when really the exact opposite is true. There is no plan, and there likely will never be one. What Trump put on last night was merely a performance – and a damaging one. Already, U.S.-Russia relations have grown more tense as Russia is making moves to punish America for Trump’s carelessness.

And the hypocrisy!

Weird: Republicans Were Against Obama Launching A Strike On Syria But Not Now (DETAILS) | Addicting Info | The Knowledge You Crave

A U.S. official said that the Russians were warned before the U.S. launched at least 59 tomahawk missiles aimed at Syria at Donald Trump’s orders, but the alleged president did not seek Congressional approval. Trump was reportedly affected by the pictures of children who were harmed or killed after a deadly gas was unleashed on civilians, but oddly, the former reality show star was never disturbed by the pictures of Syrian refugees fleeing from terror at the hands of ISIS.

And more hypocrisy!

However, Trump opposed President Barack Obama’s attempt to strike when a sarin nerve gas attack left more than 1,400 dead outside of Damascus in 2013.

Trump tweeted at the time, “What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.”

But those previous statements did not stop him from blaming the current situation in Syria on "Obama's weakness", just before he let the bombs fly.

Lets also remember that
However, Trump opposed President Barack Obama’s attempt to strike when a sarin nerve gas attack left more than 1,400 dead outside of Damascus in 2013.

Let's not also forget that In contrast to Trump’s move on Syria last night, Obama went to Congress to get approval to strike, but the majority of Republicans opposed him.

Greg
So,Turkish autopsies are enough validation for Trump's knee jerk response? Even if the Turkish post mortem reports are true, that doesn't tell us who is responsible. Sarin gas is relatively easy to manufacture.
As Ron Paul suggested, anyone wanting to stir up more international opposition to Assad in this manner could do so easily. For me, Trump's actions are alarming because,ostensibly,he acted unilaterally and without validation.

Do a poll then, how many people would trust THIS Slow Acting CONGRESS to be informed to discuss actions in Syria(that need swift response), & to not to blab that info to Clinton, Obama, Susan Rice, etc or even electronically to others on unsecure networks? In other words Fearing one of these traitors and sabotagers would give Assad a heads up or even sell Assad the info.

Third bullshit war of this century coming right up!

Half a million dead; millions displaced and you're blaming Trump for a "new" war?? lmao

Should have been nipped in the bud years ago.

Greg

SO far I haven't seen a clue as to where Trump got the information that Assad used chemical weapons on his own people. Knowing that Trump is a pathological liar, I wasn't about to take his word on anything.. I searched for any clue that any one of the 17 US intelligence agencies was involved with the report Trump received. The result? NADA. I listened to all the media coverage and not one asked who provided the Intel Trump used to make his strike. TO me, that omission was very suspicious but all I could do was continue to search for some validation of those suspicions. Shortly thereafter I found this:

Since when have you cared what Ron Paul had to say?

ROFLMAO!

What's disturbing is he was convinced by his idiotic daughter to do this! WTF? We didn't elect her and her Jew democrat husband president. We elected an America First Candidate president who has now LIED about what he was going to do.

Greg

Do a poll then, how many people would trust THIS Slow Acting CONGRESS to be informed to discuss actions in Syria(that need swift response), & to not to blab that info to Clinton, Obama, Susan Rice, etc or even electronically to others on unsecure networks? In other words Fearing one of these traitors and sabotagers would give Assad a heads up or even sell Assad the info.
Er... Trump's people warned the Russians well before the strike. Do you think the Russians didn't warn Assad as well? Looks like Assad had time to move his planes and vacate the base . In act I am beginning to suspect the whole thing was orchestrated to take the domestic pressure off Trump at home. He, Putin and Assad might have colluded and arranged a false strike on one base. And I think the cruise missiles hit their intended targets: vacant hangars, open sea water, and desert sands. The runways were largely untouched.

Greg

Er... Trump's people warned the Russians well before the strike. Do you think the Russians didn't warn Assad as well? Looks like Assad had time to move his planes and vacate the base . In act I am beginning to suspect the whole thing was orchestrated to take the domestic pressure off Trump at home. He, Putin and Assad might have colluded and arranged a false strike on one base. And I think the cruise missiles hit their intended targets: vacant hangars, open sea water, and desert sands. The runways were largely untouched.

More fake news, should we be surprised that you make up your own narative?
Of course we warned Russia as they have planes there and personel there and it's common courtesy since we are working with them there to fight Isis, so now you are complaining about preventing a war with Russia? That just proved one of my previous posts about complaining damned if he do damned if he don't & that your party is trying to insight a war with Russia, just so they can say: "see what Trump did"
Sacraficing country for sake of regaining power and wealth through your pay to play schemes is very patriotic of you guys.
Also validates my comments on their treasonous acts.

Last edited:

Greg

More fake news, should we be surprised that you make up your own narative?
Of course we warned Russia as they have planes there and personel there and itcs common courtesy since we are working with them there to fight Isis, so now you are complaining about preventing a war with Russia? That just proved one of my previous posts about complaining damned if he do damned if he don't.
Fake news? You are confusing my opinion with news? I didn't even pretend to put my opinion over as news. You Trump polliwogs are so caught up in your own alt realities you want to label every narrative you don't like as fake news. If anything my opinion was meant to be food for thought.

Since when have you cared what Ron Paul had to say?

ROFLMAO!

Ever since I detected that he was coming to his senses on this matter.

Forum List

Back