Ron Paul skeptical about Trump's Syrian attack!

Whether Assad used Sarin or chlorine gas this time or last, or even whether he did either of those things is irrelevant.
The relevance I see is in the contextual sense of whether Assad was behind either chemical attack. We hear clues such as the ✈ that dropped the munitions was traced back to the Shayrat air base. But I remain skeptical of such reports from undisclosed sources.i shall hold this course until more facts indicating otherwise are revealed.

The man has been anything but part of the solution to squashing ISIS in Syria, and that makes him part of the problem
I have heard just the opposite. Some sources posit that the relative leniency of Trump's strike was predicated upon the notion of allowing Assad to keep most of his planes and runways intact so as not to hinder his fight against ISIS.
What fight against ISIS? If there really was a fight against ISIS it would in syria have died years ago. But ISIS is Assad's golden opportunity - he can slaughter hundreds of thousands of his own people to make sure his own round a-hole remains on the seat he was promised ages ago and now is denied.
What fight against ISIS?
I was going to ask that too, but since you beat me to it...LOL
Newsweek published this account of the battles to control Palmyra in October 2015. Unless you have some compelling reasons to invalidate that report it undermines your premise that Assad isn't fighting ISIS.
Inside Putin's and Assad's war against ISIS
I remember that time of year 2016.

At the time the statistical bombing strike situation by Russia was, give or take a child or two, 30% on ISIS, 70% on rebels and civilians.

Impressive ..that some still think it's about ISIS. Putin is a bit of a fool, but one thing he does know and giggles at at nights, is that ISIS will survive elsewhere anyway.
I'm not engaging you in a discussion on Russian involvement here. I'm content to just debunk the false notion that Assad isn't fighting ISIS.

Tonight on a round table like discussion, said the Strike, was unsuccessful...

Basically, they said that it was a joke....we let the Russians and the syrians know it was coming ahead of time, we did not take out their runway, and we did not take out the chemical weapons...which apparently we have specific weaponry that is meant to destroy things like that....
And they said that there is no way that the Syrians dropped those chemical weapons without the Russians knowing about it or even advising them to do it....

They said that specific procedures would have been done and taken when loading the plane that the Russians stationed at this base would have seen...

And that the russians and the Syrians could have dropped regular bombs and killed as many or more people than they did by using them, so there was a SPECIFIC PURPOSE to using the chemical weapons vs their regular bombs.... and maybe that was to test Trump somehow or simply a charade to pretend like they are testing Trump.....to basically change the subject off of the Russian interference in our election....

a lot of speculating going on and they admitted to being speculation, but merely because of how poorly our strike really was....in stopping assad's use of chemical weapons, and Trump's complete ABOUT FACE on this...regime change talk all seemed phony to them...

Basically, they said that it was a joke....we let the Russians and the syrians know it was coming ahead of time, we did not take out their runway, and we did not take out the chemical weapons...which apparently we have specific weaponry that is meant to destroy things like that....
And they said that there is no way that the Syrians dropped those chemical weapons without the Russians knowing about it or even advising them to do it....

They said that specific procedures would have been done and taken when loading the plane that the Russians stationed at this base would have seen...

And that the russians and the Syrians could have dropped regular bombs and killed as many or more people than they did by using them, so there was a SPECIFIC PURPOSE to using the chemical weapons vs their regular bombs.... and maybe that was to test Trump somehow or simply a charade to pretend like they are testing Trump.....to basically change the subject off of the Russian interference in our election....

a lot of speculating going on and they admitted to being speculation, but merely because of how poorly our strike really was....in stopping assad's use of chemical weapons, and Trump's complete ABOUT FACE on this...regime change talk all seemed phony to them...
Assad has denied any responsibility for the Sarin chemical attack just as he did against allegations making him the culprit in the chemical attack.2013. Paul said that Assad was vindicated in that earlier attack and also noted the rebels possed chemical munitions.

The relevance I see is in the contextual sense of whether Assad was behind either chemical attack. We hear clues such as the ✈ that dropped the munitions was traced back to the Shayrat air base. But I remain skeptical of such reports from undisclosed sources.i shall hold this course until more facts indicating otherwise are revealed.

I have heard just the opposite. Some sources posit that the relative leniency of Trump's strike was predicated upon the notion of allowing Assad to keep most of his planes and runways intact so as not to hinder his fight against ISIS.
What fight against ISIS? If there really was a fight against ISIS it would in syria have died years ago. But ISIS is Assad's golden opportunity - he can slaughter hundreds of thousands of his own people to make sure his own round a-hole remains on the seat he was promised ages ago and now is denied.
What fight against ISIS?
I was going to ask that too, but since you beat me to it...LOL
Newsweek published this account of the battles to control Palmyra in October 2015. Unless you have some compelling reasons to invalidate that report it undermines your premise that Assad isn't fighting ISIS.
Inside Putin's and Assad's war against ISIS
I remember that time of year 2016.

At the time the statistical bombing strike situation by Russia was, give or take a child or two, 30% on ISIS, 70% on rebels and civilians.

Impressive ..that some still think it's about ISIS. Putin is a bit of a fool, but one thing he does know and giggles at at nights, is that ISIS will survive elsewhere anyway.
I'm not engaging you in a discussion on Russian involvement here. I'm content to just debunk the false notion that Assad isn't fighting ISIS.
I'm not gonna tell you that santa doesn't bring the presents, I'll just inform you that the elfs don't really make them.

Assad has denied any responsibility for the Sarin chemical attack just as he did against allegations making him the culprit in the chemical attack.2013. Paul said that Assad was vindicated in that earlier attack and also noted the rebels possed chemical munitions.
all Russian propaganda that Paul has been buying in to lately....

the planes came from that base that dropped those bombs... a false flag operation would not show that...

the planes came from that base that dropped those bombs... a false flag operation would not show that...
But I don't think Ron Paul is a gullible old fool who would be so easily duped by the Russians. Even the Russians realize the risk of losing hard to get diplomatic gains by being associated with the use of forbidden chemical weapons: and, Paul is wise enough to understand that. His hypothesis makes more sense than the one fed to us by Trump.
As to the claim that planes used in the chemical attack were traced back to the Shayrat base, I see no source for the trace.
But even if true, the Russian version backs Assad.Their theory is that one of the bombs
dropped by their planes inadvertently hit a rebel storage facility containing weapon grade chemicals. Do I believe it? Lets just say I am keeping an open mind. I know the Trump team to be liars and I have not seen the veracity of either Assad or Putin tested.
If one of our Intelligence agencies verified the allegations I would be more inclined to accept their input.

But I don't think Ron Paul is a gullible old fool who would be so easily duped by the Russians. Even the Russians realize the risk of losing hard to get diplomatic gains by being associated with the use of forbidden chemical weapons: and, Paul is wise enough to understand that. His hypothesis makes more sense than the one fed to us by Trump.
As to the claim that planes used in the chemical attack were traced back to the Shayrat base, I see no source for the trace.
But even if true, the Russian version backs Assad.Their theory is that one of the bombs
dropped by their planes inadvertently hit a rebel storage facility containing weapon grade chemicals. Do I believe it? Lets just say I am keeping an open mind. I know the Trump team to be liars and I have not seen the veracity of either Assad or Putin tested.
If one of our Intelligence agencies verified the allegations I would be more inclined to accept their input.

Agree--and it still doesn't make sense it was Serin gas? I just don't want to get roped a doped into another Middle East conflict that has proven impossible to win.

Forum List

Back