Ron Paul on drugs.

It's called freedom. How hard is that to understand?

Freedom means you are free to do as you wish, knowing there are consequences.

If a store owner wants to put up "Chinese only", with freedom the person can. If there are enough Chinese to support his business, good for him. If not, or if the majority of Chinese decide not to shop there because he won't allow others, then the business fails.

Freedom means unless you directly harm someone (discrimination doesn't count), you do as you wish.

But your big girl panties on. Pussies aren't fit to be free.

Its called stupid. Who wants to drive on streets with people loaded on drugs like heroin, cocaine and marijuana and god only know what else. Meth heads are the most dangerous because it makes them paranoid.
Druggies on the streeets is a danger to us all.
Well said.

A druggie does not have the right to take other people's lives away by using whatever he "feels like" taking that could kill somebody else.
And I hope a judge throws the book at that creep driving a car while yapping it up on his cell phone - right into a man in a wheelchair at Second and Center streets several years ago.

Driving still matters.

If you think about it.

The number one health crisis in the United States today is type 2 diabetes, brought on by overeating. It is estimated that 60% of this nation is now considered overweight and could stand to lose a few pounds. A 10 year old kid today--is 8 pounds heavier that his counterpart growing up in the 1950's.

My point is--when is the Federal Government going to come out with the "fat police"? You know slapping that Whopper out of an overweight persons hand--locking them up--and then of course using taxpayer dollars to send them to a fat farm?

Our Federal Government consistently gets involved--costing the taxpayers of this nation trillions--in this futile attempt to control the personal behavior of it's citizens.

Drugs and FOOD--it appears today--that FOOD is our biggest HEALTH problem.

Last edited:
My point is--when is the Federal Government going to come out with the "fat police"? You know slapping that Whopper out of an overweight persons hand--locking them up--and then of course using taxpayer dollars to send them to a fat farm?

I'd look for it a few years after we get nationalized health care.

Not just Marijuana...all drugs...crack, coke, meth, heroin...all drugs legalized.

Discuss.
Ron Paul 2012.

That makes no sense to me. First, his budget cuts are going to reduce the police force severely, then turn loose the drug dogs on the street to do hit and runs of citizens with nobody minding the laws of the road?

Good holy grief. :rolleyes:
The point about budget cuts is irrelevant to the topic. As for drugs loose on the street...they are loose on the street. What world are you living in?

That makes no sense to me. First, his budget cuts are going to reduce the police force severely, then turn loose the drug dogs on the street to do hit and runs of citizens with nobody minding the laws of the road?

Have you given any though to the tremendous amount of resources and man hours that police spend trying to stop the illegal drug trade? If drugs were legalized we could lay off half the DEA and put the other half to work patrolling the roads for bad drivers. That's one of the often overlooked aspects of the Drug War. The lives, the money, the time we waste trying to keep people from buying, selling, or taking drugs could be spent going after people who are actually threatening others.

I'd look for it a few years after we get nationalized health care.

I hadn't thought of that--you're probably right--:lol:

Have you given any though to the tremendous amount of resources and man hours that police spend trying to stop the illegal drug trade? If drugs were legalized we could lay off half the DEA and put the other half to work patrolling the roads for bad drivers. That's one of the often overlooked aspects of the Drug War. The lives, the money, the time we waste trying to keep people from buying, selling, or taking drugs could be spent going after people who are actually threatening others.

You're right--we have wasted and spent 1 trillion dollars in the last 60 years just on the war on marijuana--that obviously hasn't put a dent into the flow of it.

Again--an attempt to use US taxpayer dollars in this futile attempt by the Federal Government to save people from themselves.

Do you own your own body? If so, then by what right does anybody tell you what you can or can't ingest, inhale, inject, or otherwise into it?

I dont want a drunk or cracked out ass hole in front of me on the highway.

Is your question also geared towards military members? Police? Teachers? Heavy equipment workers? Who exactly?

your talking specific instances again there are drunks in font of you on the road right and laws against it they will not be repealed ,just the choice of drug you use will be a personal one
there were no more * DRUNKS * when they repealed prohibition then there were before or during
folks who want booze will get it whether its legal or not

You can block whatever you want at the state level... So what is the problem?

He is making the federally correct decision. This is why I would never vote him in states. He is PERFECT for a federal government position though.

It's called freedom. How hard is that to understand?

Freedom means you are free to do as you wish, knowing there are consequences.

If a store owner wants to put up "Chinese only", with freedom the person can. If there are enough Chinese to support his business, good for him. If not, or if the majority of Chinese decide not to shop there because he won't allow others, then the business fails.

Freedom means unless you directly harm someone (discrimination doesn't count), you do as you wish.

But your big girl panties on. Pussies aren't fit to be free.

Its called stupid. Who wants to drive on streets with people loaded on drugs like heroin, cocaine and marijuana and god only know what else. Meth heads are the most dangerous because it makes them paranoid.
Druggies on the streeets is a danger to us all.

How in the world do you make that point? First of all, you can legalize drugs without making it legal to drive. Second, being under the influence of a drug may very well increase the propensity for the commission of a crime but it (independent of people with some irrational fear of the content of a person's blood) is not a crime for any other reason. All you have done is increase the number of crimes by creating a new one. You are choosing to convict someone for being more likely to commit a crime. Why not take it a step further and convict people of living in a bad neighborhood? If someone can smoke up, crack out or use their drug of choice and not commit a crime while doing so, then why the hell shouldn't they be able to? You can make DUI's illegal and actually increase the time people spend in jail driving on a public road way while intoxicated. You can increase the time that violent criminals both drug induced and otherwise spend in jail. You can reduce the amount of time that you spend paying for someone's existence because they happened to be carrying a chemical that you don't like.

Furthermore, you can do this at a state level. I personally will choose to live in a community that does not permit drug use. I think a lot of us will, and that's fine. I think it does have a net negative effect but that is how I perceive it.

How can you claim to love freedom and then turn around and tell me what I am allowed and not allowed to have in my blood?

Mike

Last edited:

Forum List

Back