Ron Paul announced Presidential plan today

A good education would become a luxury of those who could afford one.

How's that?

Did I miss him abolishing the judiciary?

Elaborate

Again, explain

And worst of all, we would have no national security plan when it comes to energy independence or airport security.

Did I miss the part where he abolished national security?
The Department of Education handles money going to states and also enforces existing educational laws. If you do away with that Department, then no one is handling federal money (most likely because there wouldn't be any) and no one is enforcing existing laws, so obviously schools would stop following them. No money and no enforcement would not lead to better public schools. It's the same with the EPA. They set standards for pollution and enforce those standards. No one enforcing means no one following means states can pollute each other and it's not against the law.

Paul's plan cuts the government work force by 10%, which will mean hundreds of thousands more unemployed. He also repeals the Affordable Care Act while replacing it with nothing. This means there will be no plan, at all, to help control insurance costs, which means every year more and more people will be uninsured. He also repeals the recent finance reforms, while replacing them with nothing, which means there will be no measures in place to prevent another asset bubble.

Put all this together and it SEVERELY hurts the middle and lower classes. Paul compensates them by .... massively cutting taxes for the wealthy. Middle and lower income earners already have ways to get dividends and invest tax-free. Eliminating taxes on capital gains and dividends is a massive gift to the wealthy. They can grow their wealth completely tax free, which will lead to even greater inequality.

The ONLY part of Paul's plan I like is ending the wars. It's the only part that will help our country.

Well I was going to type out a response to you, but there is just way to much there.

The bottom line is that the economy will move from a policy that encourages debt and spending to policy that encourages savings and investment. Which is needed because the present course is simply unsustainable, evidenced by the current economic crisis which can only be temporarily relieved by printing lots of stimulus dollars.

This is not a choice, this will happen. Thats what unsustainable means.

You kow what get's me, this thread is about Paul's plan yet the people that don't like Paul have done nothing to attack his plan... Prolly because they never read it.

You need more than a plan to run this country. Fuck, Obama had a plan.... And look where we are now.

We need a leader as much as a plan. A plan is fucking useless without the ability to implement it with a coalition. Paul can't even build a support base to get him in the whitehouse let alone implement a plan.

Paul clearly talks about how he would implement his plans, Oh, that's right you have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about, somehow I thought you actually looked up the topic being you have been provided so much information.. In your little "i hate RP!!!" world you would rather just attack than read anything, huh, no wonder you like Cain, nothing in depth to read about.

I like how you trash Paul yet support Cain, a guy who’s single policy Presidential platform is falling apart under his feet and inspired the left to vote for Obama by telling them they want to destroy America.

I can see we are going in circles, you don't read anything and then talk shit, I try and clear it up, you get angry and talk more shit...

were never gonna get anywhere. Your a fucking idiot. I told you yesterday I would never have a serious debate with you because your a narrow minded hack. See unlike you who says Cain is a good man in one breath then calls him an idiot in the next I am consistent. Your an idiot in this thread as well as every other thread. Your not worthy of wasting time on with a serious discussion. You are however fun as hell to troll. Don't like it? Look no further than your own sig to understand it. You love to dish it but your a fuckin pussy and you can't take it.

This is what it looks like when someone puts up a serious plan with numbers to back up their positions.

This link is to just a general news story, this is a simplistic breakdown of the plan:
Ron Paul proposes saving $1T by scrapping five federal departments - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

This link is to actual graphs, numbers, charts and whatever you could ever want provided to understand how the plan will achieve its said goal: http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RestoreAmericaPlan.pdf

Looks good to me, looking forward to seeing if the plan is legit.

There is a lot of information provided so I fully understand if this thread does not get much trafic, lol.

Now I know he is a nut case:

Paul also proposes reducing the federal workforce by 10 percent, slashing congressional pay and bringing down the president's salary to $39,336 -- "approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker," his campaign says.

A President's salary at $39,336, my state representative makes more money. LOL What fool could you get to run for that salary, oh, I forgot, Ron Paul LOL. This guy is not serious.:cuckoo::cuckoo: Ron Paul could always give up his salary, app $150,000 per year, all the perks, the retirement he is going to collect for the rest of his life and then I would believe this, but until he does, this just in not credible. He is a total nut job.

You mean like JFK?

Yes, it is a gimmik but lol man, who cares?

If Paul wanted to be a serious contender for potus he should have done this months ago to counter the stereotypes about him.

Good or bad in my opinion this will be nothing more than a footnote to his candidacy.

Or Cain proved Mitt/Perry are not frontrunners and can be beaten. Now that Cain is getting burned for having a shallow un thought through plan as his single position platform for President it is possible Paul might move up...

Again, we'll see but Paul will raise the money to be in it for the long term.

They might find lots wrong with Paul’s numbers and I wouldn’t accept Paul’s word over reality like so few have done with Cain’s 999 “plan.”

Also Rush just backed Paul up, that's fing huge being he said it was the only plan that is serious... Again, I'm not a Rush fan and never listen to him, but that does not change the reality of the influence Rush has. http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...d-ron-paul-s-new-budget-plan.html#post4284617

Listen you tunnel vision Paul suck up. In my 9-9-9 thread I admit in THE VERY FIRST POST that the plan needs tweeked. How the hell you come to your conclusion baffles me. Critical thought must elude you.
Of course as a Paul lackey that doesn't surprise me.

Paul has 0 chance of EVER being potus. Deal with that reality and get back to me.

Agreed Paul has a zero chance of winning anything and even he knows it. The only reason he is running is to give a platform to his agenda. Some of it is good, but his foriegn policy is dangerously naive, he won't carry 5% of the vote. Avory Subs has bought into all his stuff hook, line and stinker and Paul's a stinker.

I like Cain, I want to study his 9-9-9 plan a little more as I think it has some potential to increase a lot of people's taxes because this will be in addition to the state and local taxes we already pay. Plus I don't really want to open up a new avenue for the fed's to get into our wallets. I still favor a flat 10% tax on everyone, that way everyone has some skin in the game and it is a fair tax as we all, including the poor, enjoy the same benefits that the rest of us get to pay for. I would love to see a Romney/ Cain ticket because I think it would be a winner, but I am going with Romney as I believe he is the one we need to go with as the all important independent vote is breaking hard for him. Without the independents we lose and we get another 4 miserable years of an Obama administration.

Last edited:
Under Paul's plan, states would simply receive block grants for Medicaid, food stamps, the State Children's Health Insurance Program and other welfare programs.

Which they would spend however they see fit, such as not on public assistance programs at all. Such a program would be a disaster for middle and lower income working families and children.

NOT TRUE. That is only true if the people do not pay attention to what there state is doing. THIS EMPOWERS LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND EMPOWERS THE PEOPLE

When it comes to Medicare, Social Security, and veterans' benefits, Paul says he his plan "honors" the commitment the nation has to seniors and veterans, but it allows young workers to opt out of those programs.

Which would de facto end Social Security and Medicare.
If this is true then it means that the people chose it, so thats a bad thing how?

However…

It’s highly unlikely the GOP controls 60 seats in the Senate after 2012, indeed, the democrats may retain control of the Senate – in either case none of Paul’s plan happens. He’s running for president, not dictator.

This is about Paul's plan. Can you not defend the Paul plan?

I don’t see how anyone can. It’s reactionary fantasy and nonsense. Someone needs to tell Paul and his supporters it’s not 1789, it’s the 21st Century now – they need to accept and deal with reality.

Defending Pauls plan is easy. Were broke dipshit. We cant keep printing money. Its over. Its this or its GREECE. You decide! This nation acts like children with daddy's credit card. It is OVER. We are not leaving our children with this mess.

This is what it looks like when someone puts up a serious plan with numbers to back up their positions.

This link is to just a general news story, this is a simplistic breakdown of the plan:
Ron Paul proposes saving $1T by scrapping five federal departments - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

This link is to actual graphs, numbers, charts and whatever you could ever want provided to understand how the plan will achieve its said goal: http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RestoreAmericaPlan.pdf

Looks good to me, looking forward to seeing if the plan is legit.

There is a lot of information provided so I fully understand if this thread does not get much trafic, lol.

Now I know he is a nut case:

Paul also proposes reducing the federal workforce by 10 percent, slashing congressional pay and bringing down the president's salary to $39,336 -- "approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker," his campaign says.

A President's salary at $39,336, my state representative makes more money. LOL What fool could you get to run for that salary, oh, I forgot, Ron Paul LOL. This guy is not serious.:cuckoo::cuckoo: Ron Paul could always give up his salary, app $150,000 per year, all the perks, the retirement he is going to collect for the rest of his life and then I would believe this, but until he does, this just in not credible. He is a total nut job.

You mean like JFK?

Yes, it is a gimmik but lol man, who cares?

Here is the press confrence.

It is so strange to feel proud of anything the government is doing. RON PAUL 2012
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-2Zs0-N1dA&feature=player_embedded]Ron Paul Plan To Restore America Press Conference - YouTube[/ame]

You need more than a plan to run this country. Fuck, Obama had a plan.... And look where we are now.

We need a leader as much as a plan. A plan is fucking useless without the ability to implement it with a coalition. Paul can't even build a support base to get him in the whitehouse let alone implement a plan.

Paul clearly talks about how he would implement his plans, Oh, that's right you have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about, somehow I thought you actually looked up the topic being you have been provided so much information.. In your little "i hate RP!!!" world you would rather just attack than read anything, huh, no wonder you like Cain, nothing in depth to read about.

I like how you trash Paul yet support Cain, a guy who’s single policy Presidential platform is falling apart under his feet and inspired the left to vote for Obama by telling them they want to destroy America.

I can see we are going in circles, you don't read anything and then talk shit, I try and clear it up, you get angry and talk more shit...

were never gonna get anywhere. Your a fucking idiot. I told you yesterday I would never have a serious debate with you because your a narrow minded hack. See unlike you who says Cain is a good man in one breath then calls him an idiot in the next I am consistent. Your an idiot in this thread as well as every other thread. Your not worthy of wasting time on with a serious discussion. You are however fun as hell to troll. Don't like it? Look no further than your own sig to understand it. You love to dish it but your a fuckin pussy and you can't take it.

Cain is a good man, or seems like he is... He is just not good enough to be President imo.

The difference is I know more about Cain than you, that's why you won't debate me on him, hell that's why you won't debate Paul's plan, because you would have to read it first.

Why do you call me names, like I'm some weak person? Something tells me you wouldn't talk like that if we were in person... But hey it's the internet, I guess now I'm a lil guy and you’re a big bad ass dude... or something. What I think is I know how big or tuff (lol tuff) I am means dick on the internet as I can’t prove it nor does it matter, just like you can’t prove I’m a whiner, pussy, chickenshit or whatever you wana make me out to be.

You don’t debate Gramps because you can’t, you don’t even know why you like someone or don’t like them.

Paul would also abolish the Transportation Security Administration, leaving security at airports and other transportation systems up to the private sector.

Fuck that! We have another airliner infiltration, everyone sues the private firm running security, they go under, their insurance company gets another bailout from the taxpayers.

I don't want my security in the hands of incompetent, profit-driven corporations.

Cain is a good man, or seems like he is... He is just not good enough to be President imo.

The difference is I know more about Cain than you, that's why you won't debate me on him, hell that's why you won't debate Paul's plan, because you would have to read it first.

Why do you call me names, like I'm some weak person? Something tells me you wouldn't talk like that if we were in person... But hey it's the internet, I guess now I'm a lil guy and you’re a big bad ass dude... or something. What I think is I know how big or tuff (lol tuff) I am means dick on the internet as I can’t prove it nor does it matter, just like you can’t prove I’m a whiner, pussy, chickenshit or whatever you wana make me out to be.

You don’t debate Gramps because you can’t, you don’t even know why you like someone or don’t like them.

I don't debate you because your a hack. I debate sallow, and a couple other lefties though. You see they aren't hacks and their is common ground to be found if your willing to seek it out.
You on the other hand labeled me from the moment I said I didn't like Paul. My reason doesn't matter cause your just intolerant of dissenting opinions. I dis on Obama everyday yet I manage to find some common ground with some of his supporters.
I don't dis on you because of Paul. I do it because of your intolerance of differing opinions. It has nothing to do with knowledge. I manage to debate others just fine. Can you see a pattern here? I do

I don't debate you because your a hack. I debate sallow, and a couple other lefties though. You see they aren't hacks and their is common ground to be found if your willing to seek it out.
You on the other hand labeled me from the moment I said I didn't like Paul. My reason doesn't matter cause your just intolerant of dissenting opinions. I dis on Obama everyday yet I manage to find some common ground with some of his supporters.
I don't dis on you because of Paul. I do it because of your intolerance of differing opinions. It has nothing to do with knowledge. I manage to debate others just fine. Can you see a pattern here? I do

lol...

lol...

laughter...... The sign of insecurity.

Later fool

Paul would also abolish the Transportation Security Administration, leaving security at airports and other transportation systems up to the private sector.

Fuck that! We have another airliner infiltration, everyone sues the private firm running security, they go under, their insurance company gets another bailout from the taxpayers.

I don't want my security in the hands of incompetent, profit-driven corporations.

so do you want incompetent government workers then?

A good education would become a luxury of those who could afford one.

How's that?

Did I miss him abolishing the judiciary?

Elaborate

Again, explain

And worst of all, we would have no national security plan when it comes to energy independence or airport security.

Did I miss the part where he abolished national security?
The Department of Education handles money going to states and also enforces existing educational laws. If you do away with that Department, then no one is handling federal money (most likely because there wouldn't be any) and no one is enforcing existing laws, so obviously schools would stop following them. No money and no enforcement would not lead to better public schools. It's the same with the EPA. They set standards for pollution and enforce those standards. No one enforcing means no one following means states can pollute each other and it's not against the law.

Paul's plan cuts the government work force by 10%, which will mean hundreds of thousands more unemployed. He also repeals the Affordable Care Act while replacing it with nothing. This means there will be no plan, at all, to help control insurance costs, which means every year more and more people will be uninsured. He also repeals the recent finance reforms, while replacing them with nothing, which means there will be no measures in place to prevent another asset bubble.

Put all this together and it SEVERELY hurts the middle and lower classes. Paul compensates them by .... massively cutting taxes for the wealthy. Middle and lower income earners already have ways to get dividends and invest tax-free. Eliminating taxes on capital gains and dividends is a massive gift to the wealthy. They can grow their wealth completely tax free, which will lead to even greater inequality.

The ONLY part of Paul's plan I like is ending the wars. It's the only part that will help our country.

Why the fuck am I paying property taxes then for fucks sake?

Who says they are incompetent? And the U.S. government isn't going to go bankrupt and disappear, only to resurface unscathed as a new company.

Who says they are incompetent? And the U.S. government isn't going to go bankrupt and disappear, only to resurface unscathed as a new company.

Nanny state needin scumbag. So eager to take tax dollars and use them to subsidize the airline company's.

Your line of thinking is fucking flawed. Do you think the government should be paying for security at roller skating rinks, cause occasionally violence happens there to. Or how about security at the malls?

Fucking make me sick with socialist comments like that. Government providing security for the private sector is nothing short of welfare for business, and we cant afford it anymore.

Ron Paul begins to soar. Its true a hero will rise from the ashes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3A40nz-xOQ&feature=player_embedded]Ron Paul Restoring American Plan on CNBC - YouTube[/ame]

Nanny state needin scumbag. So eager to take tax dollars and use them to subsidize the airline company's.

Your line of thinking is fucking flawed. Do you think the government should be paying for security at roller skating rinks, cause occasionally violence happens there to. Or how about security at the malls?

Fucking make me sick with socialist comments like that. Government providing security for the private sector is nothing short of welfare for business, and we cant afford it anymore.
:lol: Another low-information voter! Just what USMB needs!

Don't fly. You don't have a right to travel by airplane.

Forum List

Back