Romney's top five flip-flops...

Hey Missourian,

Fall 2004 called. It wants its talking point back.

:rolleyes:

Time may heal all wounds, but it doesn't alter the facts.

Well here is a fact for you, Perry was a Democrat before he switched in 1988 to Republican and he SUPPORTED Al Gore in his campaign.

I have been waiting for you to come up with Perry's plan on jobs, ssi, and I already know what his immigration plan is, but when you find his job's plan other than what he has stated he has done in TEXAS, then please supply it and if it is better than Romney's plan which took me 4 hours to read, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe, but I don't think so. I can envision what a billion dollars of neg adds and Obama can do to him in a debate and it ain't pretty.

Perry really botched his attempt to attack Romney's multiple flip flops badly in the debate the other night.

Hey Missourian,

Soooo......I'm guessing that if Romney kicks Perry's ass in the primary you'll either be voting for Obama in the general election or staying home rather than vote for a RINO? :confused:

I'm not sure if this is a serious question our not, but it's a good question.

The answer is...I don't know.

I held my nose and pulled the lever for McCain in 2008.

I don't think I'm prepared to do that again.

Hey Missourian,

Well here is a fact for you, Perry was a Democrat before he switched in 1988 to Republican and he SUPPORTED Al Gore in his campaign.

I have been waiting for you to come up with Perry's plan on jobs, ssi, and I already know what his immigration plan is, but when you find his job's plan other than what he has stated he has done in TEXAS, then please supply it and if it is better than Romney's plan which took me 4 hours to read, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe, but I don't think so. I can envision what a billion dollars of neg adds and Obama can do to him in a debate and it ain't pretty.

Translation: Yes, these are facts, I cannot refute them....but I have to post something.

P.s - Reagan was a democrat too...tell me, would you have voted against him because of it?

Sort of like Perry now flip flopping on his executive order to force 12 year old girls to get injections of a dangerous vaccine.

are you going to warn us about the myths of the vaccine?

Will you ignore it is required in other parts of the country?

Translation: Yes, these are facts, I cannot refute them....but I have to post something.

P.s - Reagan was a democrat too...tell me, would you have voted against him because of it?

Apples and oranges; President Reagan became a Republican long before becoming a professional politician. Perry was a democrat. Then went on to be Gore's campaign chairman in Texas. Perry simply switched parties because the job he wanted was held by a Democrat.

Lets hear your tale of why he switched. I'm sure "God spoke to him" will be in there...somewhere.

Sort of like Perry now flip flopping on his executive order to force 12 year old girls to get injections of a dangerous vaccine.

are you going to warn us about the myths of the vaccine?

Will you ignore it is required in other parts of the country?

The side effects are real. And you support the forced injections for something that is an STD? I like it when Parents make the decisions about their daughters healthcare; not the Government. Then again, I'm not a fascist like you appear to be.

windsockmitt.jpg

A position for each change of the wind.

Hey Missourian,

Romney's had six years to work on his specific plan.

And that's all he had to do, he hasn't been a governor since 2007.

Perry is a sitting Governor who had no intention of running for President.

In fact, I imagine the only reason he decide to run is to oppose RINO Romney.

I have no doubt that Gov. Perry is working on a plan that details specifically how to translate his unparallelled success in job creation in Texas to the nation level.

In the mean time, do you wish to debate Romney's flip-flops, or are you content to simply sweep them under the rug..."move along, nothing to see here folks".

I mean, what good is the best detailed plan in the world, if you can't believe the guy that's entusted to implement it to do what he says he'll do?

Romney's positions:

"I was pro-abortion but now I'm against it."

"I was for the Assault Weapons Ban and the Brady Gun Crime Bill but now I'm against it."

"I was for illegal immigrants receiving in-state tuition but now I'm against it."

"I was for Campaign Finance but now I'm against it."

"I was for raising revenue and not cutting spending but now I'm against it."

Romney's future position?

"I was in favor of my economic plan, but now I'm against it."

I have no doubt that Gov. Perry is working on a plan that details specifically how to translate his unparallelled success in job creation in Texas to the nation level.

In the mean time, do you wish to debate Romney's flip-flops, or are you content to simply sweep them under the rug..."move along, nothing to see here folks".

I mean, what good is the best detailed plan in the world, if you can't believe the guy that's entusted to implement it to do what he says he'll do?

Romney's positions:

"I was for the Assault Weapons Ban and the Brady Gun Crime Bill but now I'm against it."

"I was for illegal immigrants receiving in-state tuition but now I'm against it."

"I must go home because the wild fires are burning"

72 hours later

"I must leave to attend a debate"

The fires are still burning.

Apples and oranges; President Reagan became a Republican long before becoming a professional politician. Perry was a democrat. Then went on to be Gore's campaign chairman in Texas. Perry simply switched parties because the job he wanted was held by a Democrat.

Lets hear your tale of why he switched. I'm sure "God spoke to him" will be in there...somewhere.

Most southern Democrats are more conservative than most Massachusetts Republicans.

Scott Brown and Mitt Romney would be too liberal to run as a Democrat in my district.

I suspect, outside the major metropolitan, the same is true in Texas.

I voted for U.S. Rep. Ike Skelton (D) for 5 elections...it would have been 6 in 2010, the year of the Republican sweep, but I moved out of his district.

I'm going to vote for Governor Jay Nixon (D) in 2012.

Both are more conservative than Mitt Romney.

Last edited:

Most southern Democrats are more conservative than most Massachusetts Republicans.

I voted for U.S. Rep. Ike Skelton (D) for 5 elections...it would have been 6 in 2010, the year of the Republican sweep, but I moved out of his district.

I'm going to vote for Governor Jay Nixon (D) in 2012.

Both are more conservative than Mitt Romney.

That much is true...remember Zell Miller?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuBnlNjZq24]Zell Miller vs. Chris Matthews - YouTube[/ame]

I especially like this one....let alone that Dick Cheney wanted to get rid of a lot of the systems

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C58YAONY_hE&NR=1]Zell Miller Speech Spitballs Excerpt 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Too bad we didn't have the Tea Party when he was in politics...he'd win going away.

Last edited:

Newsflash: saying "I was wrong for issuing that executive order" isn't a flip-flop, it's excepting responsibility for a poor decision.

Not that I expect an Obama supporter to recognize a politician excepting responsibility...they've never seen it before.

:cuckoo::cuckoo: And Perry's lying to the American public during the debate--stating his only lobbyist for this drug being forced on 11 and 12 year old girls was because he had met a woman--who had this type of rare cervical cancer.

Turns out Perry did not meet her until AFTER he signed the executive order. And he had Merck lobbyists working within his own administration. Hmmm.

Perry's meeting with cancer patient 'lobbyist' only came after his executive order | The American Independent

Hey if we're going to VET all candidates--let's do it--:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Newsflash: saying "I was wrong for issuing that executive order" isn't a flip-flop, it's excepting responsibility for a poor decision.

Not that I expect an Obama supporter to recognize a politician excepting responsibility...they've never seen it before.

:cuckoo::cuckoo: And Perry's lying to the American public during the debate--stating his only lobbyist for this drug being forced on 11 and 12 year old girls was because he had met a woman--who had this type of rare cervical cancer.

Turns out Perry did not meet her until AFTER he signed the executive order.

Perry's meeting with cancer patient 'lobbyist' only came after his executive order | The American Independent

Perry will get a pass on that from his supporters. Typical double standard.

Turns out Perry did not meet her until AFTER he signed the executive order. And he had Merck lobbyists working within his own administration. Hmmm.

Quit lying, he didn't say his "only" lobbyist...he said it he was lobbied by a woman with stage 4 cervical cancer...which is not at all rare.

He was lobbied by her during the fight with the legislature undoing the executive order.

Here is the exact quote:
He said at Thursday night’s GOP debate that he spent lots of time with Ms Burcham, who had stage four cervical cancer and died in July 2007.

‘I got lobbied on this issue. I got lobbied by a 31-year-old young lady who had stage four cervical cancer,’ Mr Perry said, reported ABC News.

Which is absolutely 100% true.

Exaggerating and adding falsehoods undermines your position.

Last edited:

Quit lying, he didn't say his "only" lobbyist...he said it he was lobbied by a woman with stage 4 cervical cancer...which is not at all rare.

He was lobbied by her during the fight with the legislature undoing the executive order.

Here is the exact quote:

He said at Thursday night’s GOP debate that he spent lots of time with Ms Burcham, who had stage four cervical cancer and died in July 2007.

‘I got lobbied on this issue. I got lobbied by a 31-year-old young lady who had stage four cervical cancer,’ Mr Perry said, reported ABC News.

There was the Merck Company lobbyist...who just happened to be his former chief of staff. I'm sure that was some hard-core lobbying and all of the other makers of of Gardasil. Oh wait, it was only Merck. Sort of your classic no-bid contract.

Romney's positions:

Wow, you've got it bad. If you think Perry's late entry into the race was NOT carefully ochestrated and his "reluctance to run" means he had to be dragged into the race then there's no hope for you of escaping fantasyland.

Rest assured he's been looking and planning this since the day Bush was sworn in.

The lie:

"Every piece of legislation which came to my desk [as] governor, I came down on the side of preserving the sanctity of life."

--Mitt Romney, NBC "Meet the Press", December 16, 2007.

The Truth:

In October 2005, another bill came to his desk, seeking a federal waiver to expand the number of Massachusetts citizens eligible for family planning services, including the "morning after" pill. Romney signed that bill over the objections of his new anti-abortion allies. On this occasion, he was applauded by "pro-choice" advocates.

<snip>

Romney's gyrations on abortion have upset both sides. "For Mitt Romney, this has been not just a flip-flop, but an extreme makeover," said Angus McQuilken, vice president for public affairs with the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Fund of Massachusetts. "Where he stands on any issue is always a moving target."

Read the entire article here: Fact Checker - Romney's 'Flip, Flop, Flip'

Forum List

Back