Robert E Lee & The Confederate Solider statue removed in Dallas

Okay.. fuck them, then. They didn't stand up for their country when their country called.

Uh, no. They were dumb, inbred pieces of shit who let themselves get tricked into catching bullets for rich assholes. The funny thing about the South... 150 years later, and they are still fucking stupid.

You do realize that this nation was originally set up with a Strong State Government - Weak Federal Government model, Right? The Feds were to be the servants of the People and the States, not the other way around. That’s why the 10th Amendment was included in the Constitution. Mr Lincoln and his Northern backers didn’t like that idea and were willing to see 600,000 lives lost to reverse thst paradigm.

Virginia, South Carolina, Texas, etc... WERE their country, so far as they were concerned; and rightfully so.

I would gladly stand with those “dumb, inbred pieces of shit” and march on the gates of Hell itself before I knowingly shared a table with you st dinner. They had more decency and honor in their pinky toes than you’ll ever have j. Your entire body.

Statue sold for $1.4 million. Why are we removing the in the first place because they owned slaves and that makes it racist today. What’s next all our money? George Washington owned 30 himself is he know a piece of shit? The Left gets offended by EVERYTHING in the past because they’re personally so inadequate in the present.

Um, not, it's being removed because he betrayed the country over slavery.

Time to stop honoring traitors. Take them all down.

Just like the Taliban, destroying art, trying to erase history. History haunts them, even if they try to mangle the history books.
History is history, the truth is the truth, deal with it.

Yes, history is history.

And there was nothing noble or honorable about Lee, which is why he should be expunged from any place of honor. .
time to stop calling everyone who doesn't think like you a traitor.

if you want to create a brave new world, have at it. but all this demonizing the people of our past to me is the bullshit in action.

Having a statue of Lee is akin to having one of Yamamoto. Both lead their countries against this country.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Not even close. Civil Wars are different from Foreign wars, and back then people could identify more with their State than with the Country as a whole.

"These" United States vs. "The" United States.

More applying our mores and means to past times.

Having a statue of Lee is akin to having one of Yamamoto. Both lead their countries against this country.

Not even close. Civil Wars are different from Foreign wars, and back then people could identify more with their State than with the Country as a whole.

yea, people don't bother to shift mindsets when thinking back that far. hell in our own lifetime it used to be ok to say/do many things that is simply not the case today. better or worse is yet to be determined. so to compare the state of our country today as a model of how it was back then?

please. we can get pissed off at actions across the world and dox a hundred people before our morning cup of coffee. to get that cup of coffee back then was how much more work than today?

Statue sold for $1.4 million. Why are we removing the in the first place because they owned slaves and that makes it racist today. What’s next all our money? George Washington owned 30 himself is he know a piece of shit? The Left gets offended by EVERYTHING in the past because they’re personally so inadequate in the present. ‘Robert E. Lee & The Confederate Soldier’ Sculpture Removed From Dallas Park Sells For $1.4M
George Washington didn't fight for slavery

yea, people don't bother to shift mindsets when thinking back that far. hell in our own lifetime it used to be ok to say/do many things that is simply not the case today. better or worse is yet to be determined. so to compare the state of our country today as a model of how it was back then?

please. we can get pissed off at actions across the world and dox a hundred people before our morning cup of coffee. to get that cup of coffee back then was how much more work than today?

Bullshit. It was never "OK". People said so. Boisterously and profusely. It was accepted is all.

Statue sold for $1.4 million. Why are we removing the in the first place because they owned slaves and that makes it racist today. What’s next all our money? George Washington owned 30 himself is he know a piece of shit? The Left gets offended by EVERYTHING in the past because they’re personally so inadequate in the present. ‘Robert E. Lee & The Confederate Soldier’ Sculpture Removed From Dallas Park Sells For $1.4M
Lee's wife owned the land where Arlington Cemetery is. Lee will always have a connection to American soldiers and honor with or without statues. This coming from a Connecticut Yankee.

Lee's wife owned the land where Arlington Cemetery is. Lee will always have a connection to American soldiers and honor with or without statues. This coming from a Connecticut Yankee.
Arlington Cemetary was put there to humiliate the Lees

Washington married into his slaves...Yet Washington was no leader of the rebellious South.

Just like the Taliban, destroying art, trying to erase history. History haunts them, even if they try to mangle the history books.
The statue is not being destroyed just moved and someone shelled out a lot of dough so you know they will take good care of it.

He was a traitor to the United States who killed more US troops than any enemy ever.

There was everything noble and honorable about Lee. His father died when Lee was 11. They had a very tough existence. Lee applied to West Point and was accepted when he was 17. The rest is history. There is no record of Robert E. Lee owning land or slaves. So what's the bitch?

Again, that he betrayed his country and fought to maintain slavery...

Oh, he had a very tough existence, the poor thing, living on a plantation.

Actually, the Mexican American war is a war we should be even more ashamed of than the Civil War. We were completely in the wrong on that one.

1. He fought for his state. The "country" was a "Union of States". The US was much more localized back in 1860. They fought for States' Rights, not just slavery. Slavery was the norm back then, they didn't know what political correctness was. Cheap manual labor was necessary to succeed in farming. There was no real farm machinery. Your idealistic view of the 1860 world is laughable.
2. Show me after his dad died when he was 11 where he owned a plantation. They were essentially beggars living with family.
3. Who is ashamed of annexing Texas? Not most of us.
Mexican–American War - Wikipedia
4. If you were drafted to fight in VN what would you do? The power of the "state" has demands.

Funny how you regulate the owning of other human beings being wrong just a matter of political correctness.

I guess if it were deemed PC you would gladly own other humans?

Statue sold for $1.4 million. Why are we removing the in the first place because they owned slaves and that makes it racist today. What’s next all our money? George Washington owned 30 himself is he know a piece of shit? The Left gets offended by EVERYTHING in the past because they’re personally so inadequate in the present.

Um, not, it's being removed because he betrayed the country over slavery.

Time to stop honoring traitors. Take them all down.

Yes, history is history.

And there was nothing noble or honorable about Lee, which is why he should be expunged from any place of honor. .
Bullshit. Lee was actually offered the command of the union army. The reason he declined was to defend his home state of Virginia, where his family was from and resided.

There was everything noble and honorable about Lee. His father died when Lee was 11. They had a very tough existence. Lee applied to West Point and was accepted when he was 17. The rest is history. There is no record of Robert E. Lee owning land or slaves. So what's the bitch?

Actually, the Mexican American war is a war we should be even more ashamed of than the Civil War. We were completely in the wrong on that one.

1. He fought for his state. The "country" was a "Union of States". The US was much more localized back in 1860. They fought for States' Rights, not just slavery. Slavery was the norm back then, they didn't know what political correctness was. Cheap manual labor was necessary to succeed in farming. There was no real farm machinery. Your idealistic view of the 1860 world is laughable.
2. Show me after his dad died when he was 11 where he owned a plantation. They were essentially beggars living with family.
4. If you were drafted to fight in VN what would you do? The power of the "state" has demands.

Funny how you regulate the owning of other human beings being wrong just a matter of political correctness.

oh let's not pretend being PC is the model anyone should really shoot for.

Bullshit. It was never "OK". People said so. Boisterously and profusely. It was accepted is all.
my bad. if you were around in the civil war i'm sure you'd have been just as big an idiot as you are today.

I'm waiting for dimocrap FILTH to start screaming about changing all the streets named MLK because he was (credibly) accused of rape.

What's wrong is applying 2019 politically correct norms to ancient history. Trying to criminalize what was not against the Law.
I don't support slavery, but if I lived in ancient times it would be the norm, to use cheap manual labor. It was not against the Law, was it?
Tell me you support full benefits and the minimum wage for farm workers, so that your fresh produce costs triple or quadruple?

Forum List

Back