Robert Downey Jr. questioned because he just might be a conservative....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
this video is making the rounds...and may be posted elsewhere but didn't show up when I searched his name....so here we go.....

Robert Downey Jr. is doing the press junket for the new Avengers movie....it is rumored that he might just be a born again.......conservative....because of a comment he made a while back....during one interview, the reporter decided it was time to call him out on his political beliefs....yes...during the time he was supposed to be talking about being Tony Stark in a summer popcorn film.....the left never let's it go.....and they will seek to hurt anyone who doesn't belong to the borg collective......Downey isn't even a confirmed conservative and even went to an obama fundraiser in hollywood....

but....

it is rumored he might be a conservative....and that will not stand........

WATCH Robert Downey Jr. Walks Out of Avengers Interview after Being Asked about Politics Drug Abuse - Breitbart

Things became uncomfortable after the reporter connected the actor’s real-life persona with that of his Iron Man character, Tony Stark. Guru-Murthy then quizzed Downey about a quote from an old New York Times interview.

In 2008, the actor told the paper of his time in jail for drug possession: “ …you can’t go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal.”

“I couldn’t even really tell you what a liberal is… Are we promoting a movie? He said, while describing himself as apolitical, and making attempts to redirect the conversation.

After being pressed about his relationship with his father, relative to addiction, the actor began to breathe nervously. “I’m sorry, I, I really don’t — what are we doing?” he asks, before abruptly ending the interview.

Watching the interview...the guy won't let it go........it didn't fit into the purpose of the interview...but.....he has to claim his bounty on Downey.....he said something that went against the collective...years ago.....and now it is time for him to pay for it...........

.the far reactionary right never let's it go.....and they will seek to hurt anyone who doesn't belong to their disturbed way of thinking

who cares what is Downey's faith? He has cleaned up his act for some time now, and that is good. We watch The Judge last night, and were impressed with the performaces by Duval and Downey. Just wow.

Watching the interview...the guy won't let it go........it didn't fit into the purpose of the interview...but.....he has to claim his bounty on Downey.....he said something that went against the collective...years ago.....and now it is time for him to pay for it...........
Robert Downey is obviously an intelligent guy....notice the way he was able to clearly answer questions that didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to them without skipping a beat. The guy starts asking about stuff that Robert wants to forget about and move on. I respect that. I think this journalist should be intuitive enough to recognize someone who is having difficulty dealing with a subject or line of questioning. This is akin to asking Ted Nugent why he shit his pants to keep from going to Vietnam. It's just rude.....especially since it was obvious the guy was becoming agitated.

Downey does not preach politics: leave him alone.

Ted is an embarrassment to America: everyone should know about his past.

Robert Downey Jr.s story is pretty amazing....he was waking up in other peoples homes after wandering around in a drugged out state....and he turned his life around.......it would make sense to approach it from that angle....in another interview setting...not when he is there to promote a movie......

And keep in mind....his ability to make the original Iron Man a success helped launch the entire Marvel movie industry...had Iron Man flopped it would have made the other movies much more difficult to get going...and his movie set the whole thing off.....

Another line of questions that would have been more interesting....

And on top of it....Downey is not a political person....not like a Sean Penn or Spike Lee....so going after his politics was just mean........but....all too typical of the left......he said something....and he must be punished for it......

this video is making the rounds...and may be posted elsewhere but didn't show up when I searched his name....so here we go.....

Robert Downey Jr. is doing the press junket for the new Avengers movie....it is rumored that he might just be a born again.......conservative....because of a comment he made a while back....during one interview, the reporter decided it was time to call him out on his political beliefs....yes...during the time he was supposed to be talking about being Tony Stark in a summer popcorn film.....the left never let's it go.....and they will seek to hurt anyone who doesn't belong to the borg collective......Downey isn't even a confirmed conservative and even went to an obama fundraiser in hollywood....

but....

WATCH Robert Downey Jr. Walks Out of Avengers Interview after Being Asked about Politics Drug Abuse - Breitbart

Things became uncomfortable after the reporter connected the actor’s real-life persona with that of his Iron Man character, Tony Stark. Guru-Murthy then quizzed Downey about a quote from an old New York Times interview.

In 2008, the actor told the paper of his time in jail for drug possession: “ …you can’t go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal.”

“I couldn’t even really tell you what a liberal is… Are we promoting a movie? He said, while describing himself as apolitical, and making attempts to redirect the conversation.

After being pressed about his relationship with his father, relative to addiction, the actor began to breathe nervously. “I’m sorry, I, I really don’t — what are we doing?” he asks, before abruptly ending the interview.

So let me get this straight. Hollywood celebrities mouth off and spray their worthless, and mostly uneducated, political opinions and we say "Oh shut up and act". Then Downey wants to shut up and act and you are busting his balls because he is not shooting his mouth off and spraying his worthless political opinions?

Brilliant. Just fucking brilliant. Am I the only one who is confused by this?
And do I say fuck too much?

.but....all too typical of the reactionary far right......somebody says something....and he must be punished for it......

I dont care if hes conservative. He is dope at what he does and I think hes a fine human. End of story.

but....

What does that have to do with politics? BTW...I love him as an actor and hope that he never falls back into drug abuse.

Just saw Downey on Letterman last night. The dude's brain is totally fried. Too many drugs too often. If he wasn't a well paid movie star he would be on the street going through dumpsters for his next meal.

It's called parody, Mud.

The far right and the far left project their angst on their enemies.

The left practices Alinsky's Rules and the right Rush's Rules, and the rubes on both sides fall for it.

but....

So let me get this straight. Hollywood celebrities mouth off and spray their worthless, and mostly uneducated, political opinions and we say "Oh shut up and act". Then Downey wants to shut up and act and you are busting his balls because he is not shooting his mouth off and spraying his worthless political opinions?

Brilliant. Just fucking brilliant. Am I the only one who is confused by this?
And do I say fuck too much?

Hmmmm....I will take it for granted that you didn't read the original post......I am not the one busting his balls....it is the left doing that because at one point he hinted, vaguely that he might not be a liberal........and for that, years later a reporter hounded him out of an interview.....I am not the one with the problem...it is the lefties in hollywood who have the problem......

Forum List

Back