RJ Young EJ Bradford was killed by police for being a black male gun owner. That could have been me

Sorry, I forgot to add some personal commentary on this story. I completely understand why any black man who is legally allowed to carry, either openly or concealed, would opt to do so and I certainly can understand why.

Opinion | What becoming an NRA-certified instructor taught me about gun-owning while black

I spent hours becoming so proficient that the National Rifle Association awarded me instructor status. Here's why I don't carry a gun in public.

By RJ Young, author of "Let It Bang: A Young Black Man's Reluctant Odyssey Into Guns"
When Emantic "EJ" Bradford was mistakenly shot in the face by an Alabama police officer in a mall earlier this month, I was reminded of what a friend told me when I was researching my book, "Let It Bang," about becoming a licensed gun owner. "Your book is always going to be timely because police not going to stop because they're not going to stop shooting black men," he said.

That was years ago.

21-year-old Bradford was a black man just like Philando Castile; Castile was shot down in his car in the summer of 2016 after calmly and correctly notifying officers that he was a gun owner. Meanwhile, this summer, 17-year-old Antwon Rose II and 26-year-old Botham Shem Jean were shot and killed — both unarmed — by people sworn to protect and serve them. I'm also a black man, and all of these deaths terrify me.

I don't carry a handgun because through the process of learning to become proficient with one, I learned just how dangerous being near one has become for a person like me.

I'm lawfully licensed in the state of Oklahoma to carry a concealed handgun. I spent hours and hours at a gun range, becoming so proficient that the National Rifle Association awarded me instructor status. And yet I don't carry a gun in public. I don't even keep a loaded gun in my apartment. If not for the knowledge that the rights provided to me by the Second Amendment were once stripped from men who look like me, I would no longer even own my Glock 17 and Glock 26 weapons. These guns have already served the purpose I bought them for, which was to try to better understand and get to know the kind of people who loved them and used them — people I had little in common with.

But most importantly, I don't carry a handgun because through the process of learning to become proficient with one, I learned just how dangerous being near one has become for a person like me.​
We Can Take Them Out of the Jungle, But We Can't Take the Jungle Out of Them

People who look like you are far more violent than people who look like me. Sponsored by powerful tyrants within the White race, Blacks are allowed to be uncontrollably quick-tempered and to go postal over what they are told by the Whiteys Hating Whitey is "prejudice."

You are totally dishonest for not blaming the common behavior of your own race for any reaction to that, which you have to pay for. You better reform those thugs or we will soon crush you totally, the good with the bad, because blaming us and not them makes you an accessory to crime. Others who look like you act in an anti-social manner; the more you try to deflect from the behavior that rationally justifies racism, the guiltier you are.

The only way we can stop you from making scapegoats of Whites instead of admitting that your own kind give you a bad name is to directly attack the whole class that sponsors your unearned civil rights, which, in a free country, your uncivilized behavior would have long ago forfeited forever. You are just pawns and decoys; your insulting attitude is preached at us to prevent us from eliminating those who write all your dialogue for you.
Wow! There it is...right out in the open.

Wow! There it is...right out in the open.
Don't be surprised, or alarmed, that's just how glue-huffers roll....

giphy.gif

Sorry, I forgot to add some personal commentary on this story. I completely understand why any black man who is legally allowed to carry, either openly or concealed, would opt to do so and I certainly can understand why.

Opinion | What becoming an NRA-certified instructor taught me about gun-owning while black

I spent hours becoming so proficient that the National Rifle Association awarded me instructor status. Here's why I don't carry a gun in public.

By RJ Young, author of "Let It Bang: A Young Black Man's Reluctant Odyssey Into Guns"
When Emantic "EJ" Bradford was mistakenly shot in the face by an Alabama police officer in a mall earlier this month, I was reminded of what a friend told me when I was researching my book, "Let It Bang," about becoming a licensed gun owner. "Your book is always going to be timely because police not going to stop because they're not going to stop shooting black men," he said.

That was years ago.

21-year-old Bradford was a black man just like Philando Castile; Castile was shot down in his car in the summer of 2016 after calmly and correctly notifying officers that he was a gun owner. Meanwhile, this summer, 17-year-old Antwon Rose II and 26-year-old Botham Shem Jean were shot and killed — both unarmed — by people sworn to protect and serve them. I'm also a black man, and all of these deaths terrify me.

I don't carry a handgun because through the process of learning to become proficient with one, I learned just how dangerous being near one has become for a person like me.

I'm lawfully licensed in the state of Oklahoma to carry a concealed handgun. I spent hours and hours at a gun range, becoming so proficient that the National Rifle Association awarded me instructor status. And yet I don't carry a gun in public. I don't even keep a loaded gun in my apartment. If not for the knowledge that the rights provided to me by the Second Amendment were once stripped from men who look like me, I would no longer even own my Glock 17 and Glock 26 weapons. These guns have already served the purpose I bought them for, which was to try to better understand and get to know the kind of people who loved them and used them — people I had little in common with.

But most importantly, I don't carry a handgun because through the process of learning to become proficient with one, I learned just how dangerous being near one has become for a person like me.​
We Can Take Them Out of the Jungle, But We Can't Take the Jungle Out of Them

People who look like you are far more violent than people who look like me. Sponsored by powerful tyrants within the White race, Blacks are allowed to be uncontrollably quick-tempered and to go postal over what they are told by the Whiteys Hating Whitey is "prejudice."

You are totally dishonest for not blaming the common behavior of your own race for any reaction to that, which you have to pay for. You better reform those thugs or we will soon crush you totally, the good with the bad, because blaming us and not them makes you an accessory to crime. Others who look like you act in an anti-social manner; the more you try to deflect from the behavior that rationally justifies racism, the guiltier you are.

The only way we can stop you from making scapegoats of Whites instead of admitting that your own kind give you a bad name is to directly attack the whole class that sponsors your unearned civil rights, which, in a free country, your uncivilized behavior would have long ago forfeited forever. You are just pawns and decoys; your insulting attitude is preached at us to prevent us from eliminating those who write all your dialogue for you.

Would you care to compare the violent acts by race since America began?

Ms Guyger was indicted by the Harris County Grand Jury and will be tried for the murder of Mr. Jean. Your labeling Mr. Jeans' murder as incorrect is reprehesible.
If Ms Guyger is found guilty she should be sentenced as provided by law. Being tired or confused does not justify murder that is insulting to the victims family and the general public.
Only a total moron or liar would call this murder. If the political leaders in Dallas were not Democrats, she would not have been charged at all.
Would you have felt the same if the roles were reversed?
I need to correct an error it was the Dallas County Grand Jury who indicted Ms. Guyger.
My position has nothing to do with the sex or skin color of the victim or perpetrator. I do find your question to be somewhat insulting and puzzling. Everyone is innocent until found guilty by a jury of their peers and police officers are not above the law and should be shown no special priviledge.

Ms Guyger was indicted by the Harris County Grand Jury and will be tried for the murder of Mr. Jean. Your labeling Mr. Jeans' murder as incorrect is reprehesible.
If Ms Guyger is found guilty she should be sentenced as provided by law. Being tired or confused does not justify murder that is insulting to the victims family and the general public.
Only a total moron or liar would call this murder. If the political leaders in Dallas were not Democrats, she would not have been charged at all.
I need to correct an error it was the Dallas County Grand Jury who indicted Ms. Guyger.
My position has nothing to do with the sex or skin color of the victim or perpetrator. I do find your question to be somewhat insulting and puzzling. Everyone is innocent until found guilty by a jury of their peers and police officers are not above the law and should be shown no special priviledge.

I think the question was meant for protectionist.

Thanks I was puzzled.

These racist bastards will jump through hoops to avoid the label of racist, even when all the evidence points towards it.

Yet, they always seem to find a way to point to Democrats as the blame.

But somehow that isn't seen as divisive by them.

They really are full of cow manure.

Yes, I'm looking at protectionist.
You can LOOK all you want. What you can't do is refute one word of what I've posted in this thread, and nobody has.

Hint: words like bullshit and cow manure don't refute truth. All they do is show that you have nothing to say. When it comes to police encounters, in large part, Democrats ARE to blame (for inadequate education)

And pretending that the whole world is against you because you're black, and flashing your ever-present race card doesn't help you either.

The only way we can survive open carrying is by going back to what The Black Panthers did, carry in groups. Like 10-20 at a time.

Then 1 racist cop can't handle that alone, he has to send for backup and get some more sensible heads involved.

What those brave and intelligent brothers and sisters of yesterday did worked. Its the only way brother.
Sounds like a good way to start some senseless trouble.

Whites are the most violent race on the face of the planet. There is no area of earth untouched by your savagery. You've got to be kidding or you are high if you actually believe any other race is more violent. :rolleyes:
FALSE! In this report from the Chicago Police Dept, we see that in Chicago, the populations of Whites, Hispanics and Blacks are all about 30% (all about equal). Yet the violent crime rate of Blacks is astronomical to the other 2, with Whites being the least violent of the 3. I'm not going to let you lie here, and get away with it.

crime-statistics-by-race-2014_41520.jpg

This is indicative of violent crime in America. Since you mentioned the earth, OK we can talk about that too. By far, the worst offenders globally, over the course of 1400 years, is middle-eastern and North African Muslims. Their record of killing 270 Million people is unmatched and no other group, race, nation, religion, or cult even comes close. And they're still doing it.

I feel the same no matter what, as can be seen in the video of Post # 26.

(where it was a white person who was shot dead by a cop)

Last edited:
You are expressing exactly the racist, paranoic hysteria that I just mentioned. What an idiotic thing to say that these men were shot because they were black. I explained how and why they were shot, but you CHOOSE to go with this dopey racial attitude about it.
You are ignorant beyond what mere words can describe. There are plenty of police officers, white police officers who are not afraid of black people and don't shoot and kill them. It is not our behavior that prompts these shootings, it is the police officers who have no regard for the lives of black people and seem willing to toss the dice on the premise that if they shoot and kill a "black" person every fucking body will believe it was necessary - for all of the bullshit racist "reasons" that are trotted out - "I thought he was armed", "I saw something in his hand", "he reached for something after I asked him to provide me with his license & registration", "I was TIRED!"

Furthermore, the reason no one is disputing your asinine claims is because we all have thoroughly dissected your arguments in the past and the general consensus was 1) you fabricated much if not all of your history (white person being discriminated against but then you reveal that you're more than 51% Hispanic so if you were being discriminated against, why would it not be because you're a minority?) 2) you've been wrong on every single legal premises that you've attempted to debate with us, the African Americans who regularly post on U.S. Message Board (fleeing felon readily comes to mind, lawful use of force, the legality of affirmative action, etc.) yet you seem oblivious to the fact that the courts do not agree with your conclusions, 3) you make racist and idiotic comments, 4) former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger deserves to serve time, in the very least. Her behavior, irrespective of her reasons and excuses is unacceptable. You can not go into someone else's home and kill the occupant and then play poor pitiful me, I was just soooooooooooooo tired after my shift. As more than one person has pointed out LOTS of people are tired when they get home from work - truck drivers, airline pilots, construction workers, but they don't come home and kill someone because they ended up in the wrong house. And if she was that tired/disoriented/confused she had no damn business carrying a weapon.

Whites are the most violent race on the face of the planet. There is no area of earth untouched by your savagery. You've got to be kidding or you are high if you actually believe any other race is more violent. :rolleyes:
FALSE! In this report from the Chicago Police Dept, we see that in Chicago, the populations of Whites, Hispanics and Blacks are all about 30% (all about equal). Yet the violent crime rate of Blacks is astronomical to the other 2, with Whites being the least violent of the 3. I'm not going to let you lie here, and get away with it.

crime-statistics-by-race-2014_41520.jpg

This is indicative of violent crime in America. Since you mentioned the earth, OK we can talk about that too. By far, the worst offenders globally, over the course of 1400 years, is middle-eastern and North African Muslims. Their record of killing 270 Million people is unmatched and no other group, race, nation, religion, or cult even comes close. And they're still doing it.

Actually if you want to talk about race and violence in the US, we talk about racial violence from the start, not what you cherry pick. When we do that, we see whites are the most violent and it's not even close.

If we are talking about the world,

INDIAN HOLOCAUST under British Raj: 1.8 BILLION excess deaths (350 million Muslim), IGNORED by Anglo media - Muslim Holocaust Muslim Genocide

Would you care to compare the violent acts by race since America began?
We're not living in the years "since America began". We're living in 2018.

Unless America has ended, we are living in the years since America began. And even iI we were to be pussies like you who can't face the truth, in 2017, whites committed the most violent crimes in America.

You are expressing exactly the racist, paranoic hysteria that I just mentioned. What an idiotic thing to say that these men were shot because they were black. I explained how and why they were shot, but you CHOOSE to go with this dopey racial attitude about it.
You are ignorant beyond what mere words can describe. There are plenty of police officers, white police officers who are not afraid of black people and don't shoot and kill them. It is not our behavior that prompts these shootings, it is the police officers who have no regard for the lives of black people and seem willing to toss the dice on the premise that if they shoot and kill a "black" person every fucking body will believe it was necessary - for all of the bullshit racist "reasons" that are trotted out - "I thought he was armed", "I saw something in his hand", "he reached for something after I asked him to provide me with his license & registration", "I was TIRED!"

Furthermore, the reason no one is disputing your asinine claims is because we all have thoroughly dissected your arguments in the past and the general consensus was 1) you fabricated much if not all of your history (white person being discriminated against but then you reveal that you're more than 51% Hispanic so if you were being discriminated against, why would it not be because you're a minority?) 2) you've been wrong on every single legal premises that you've attempted to debate with us, the African Americans who regularly post on U.S. Message Board (fleeing felon readily comes to mind, lawful use of force, the legality of affirmative action, etc.) yet you seem oblivious to the fact that the courts do not agree with your conclusions, 3) you make racist and idiotic comments, 4) former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger deserves to serve time, in the very least. Her behavior, irrespective of her reasons and excuses is unacceptable. You can not go into someone else's home and kill the occupant and then play poor pitiful me, I was just soooooooooooooo tired after my shift. As more than one person has pointed out LOTS of people are tired when they get home from work - truck drivers, airline pilots, construction workers, but they don't come home and kill someone because they ended up in the wrong house. And if she was that tired/disoriented/confused she had no damn business carrying a weapon.

Amen! Preach sister!

Thanks I was puzzled.

No problem.

Quite the contrary. If a white cop shoots a black, he is subject to more scrutiny, and is attacked immediately by the race hustler crowd who only look at races and not the facts of the matter. In some cases, in cities with Democrat mayors, white cops are railroaded on false charges to appease a black voting majority (ex. Michael Slager-Walter Scotts shooting)

Regarding me being discriminated against in Memphis, Tennessee, that was because I was not black. The only people not discriminated against, and given favoritism were 8 blacks. All the non-blacks (including 2 Asians and 2 Hispanics) were discriminated against, by scatterbrained, southern, white liberals, racked with guilt over slavery, that they had nothing to do with.

What the courts agree with, is sometimes correct, sometimes not. Often it is a political thing rather than a correct judgment of right and wrong.

I have not been wrong or racist on anything. You just refuse to face the truth because you're uncomfortable with it. You prefer to dwell in the little world of false ideas all made up for you by deranged liberals.

I don't know if Amber Guyger is innocent or guilty and you don't either, but I go by a presumption of innocence in the absence of evidence. Lastly, I suspect if Jean had been white, you wouldn't care about him being killed the slightest bit. I notice you didn't include the white guy (Daniel Shaver), shot by a cop in the video in Post # 26.

Last edited:

Quite the contrary. If a white cop shoots a black, he is subject to more scrutiny, and is attacked immediately by the race hustler crowd who only look at races and not the facts of the matter. In some cases, in cities with Democrat mayors, white cops are railroaded on false charges to appease a black voting majority (ex. Michael Slager-Walter Scotts shooting)

Regarding me being discriminated against in Memphis, Tennessee, that was because I was not black. The only people not discriminated against, and given favoritism were 8 blacks. All the non-blacks (including 2 Asians and 2 Hispanics) were discriminated against, by scatterbrained, southern, white liberals, racked with guilt over slavery, that they had nothing to do with.

What the courts agree with, is sometimes correct, sometimes not. Often it is a political thing rather than a correct judgment of right and wrong.

I have not been wrong or racist on anything. You just refuse to face the truth because you're uncomfortable with it. You prefer to dwell in the little world of false ideas all made up for you by deranged liberals.

I don't know if Amber Guyger is innocent or guilty and you don't either, but I go by a presumption of innocence in the absence of evidence. Lastly, I suspect if Jean had been white, you wouldn't care about him being killed the slightest bit. I notice you didn't include the white guy (Daniel Shaver), shot by a cop in the video in Post # 26.

Stop crying. In 1972 you were in Memphis Tennessee and wonder why they had to accept blacks in graduate school. You are an idiot.