bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
Thinker101

Thinker101

Gold Member
Reaction score
Frank Rizzo, former police chief and former mayor of Philadelphia has a statue in Philadelphia...and it's now gone.

Frank Rizzo Statue Is Removed In Philadelphia: 'It Is Finally Gone,' Mayor Says
Is this good or bad? I don't know anything about the man. I have a FEELING Mr. Rizzo MAY have upset some social justice liberal snowflakes. But that's just a guess.
Was kinda waiting for some Dems to chime in on this one. He was clearly a racist....and while Mayor a Democrat, when he left office he became a Republican.

Augustine_

Silver Member
Reaction score
Frank Rizzo, former police chief and former mayor of Philadelphia has a statue in Philadelphia...and it's now gone.

Is this good or bad? I don't know anything about the man. I have a FEELING Mr. Rizzo MAY have upset some social justice liberal snowflakes. But that's just a guess.
Was kinda waiting for some Dems to chime in on this one. He was clearly a racist....and while Mayor a Democrat, when he left office he became a Republican.
The post civil rights GOP was the only bastion for him to run to.

OP
Thinker101

Thinker101

Gold Member
Reaction score

The post civil rights GOP was the only bastion for him to run to.
Yep, you know how them Dems run for cover.

candycorn

Alis volat propriis
Reaction score
"Frank Rizzo". Sounds like a mayor of a city like Philly.

Wasn't he the one whose police force literally bombed someone?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Thanks. So he was a DEMOCRATIC racist while mayor. And I'm SURE the Dim Dems that run the city now do NOT want to be reminded of that FACT. What else is new for these assholes? He WAS one of THEM.

OP
Thinker101

Thinker101

Gold Member
Reaction score

Thanks. So he was a DEMOCRATIC racist while mayor. And I'm SURE the Dim Dems that run the city now do NOT want to be reminded of that FACT. What else is new for these assholes? He WAS one of THEM.
Yep, when ya can't change history, what the heck, rewrite it.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Yep, when ya can't change history, what the heck, rewrite it.
Of COURSE, it's the Dim Dem way!

22lcidw

Gold Member
Reaction score
Rizzo rose to the ranks of Police Commissioner. The 60's riots were not nice. He was not like by African Americans but was liked internally by many. He dealt with violence. Older African Americans were safer in their communities. He talked in a salty way. There is a photo of him wearing a Tuxedo with a nightstick in his cummerbund during a riot period and he was at a function. He was someone liked or not liked. He made a statement once to affect about rioters and police..."Hit them in the ankles, hitting them in the head will not hurt them". Maybe not exact wording. But close enough. He was supposedly a mean cop when younger. He was a tall and robust man who took no crap. Six for one, a half dozen for another.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List