RIP Alan Rickman

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
He was always great to watch. What a shame.

Alan Rickman, one of the best-loved and most warmly admired British actors of the past 30 years, has died in London aged 69. His death was confirmed on Thursday by his family. Rickman had been suffering from cancer.
A star whose arch features and languid diction were recognisable across the generations, Rickman found a fresh legion of fans with his role as Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films. But the actor had been a big-screen staple since first shooting to global acclaim in 1988, when he starred as Hans Gruber, Bruce Willis’s sardonic, dastardly adversary in Die Hard – a part he was offered two days after arriving in Los Angeles, aged 41.

Alan Rickman, giant of British film and theatre, dies at 69

Cancer has now taken Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister, David Bowie, and now Alan Rickman in less than a month.

Oh no, not Alan Rickman too!

I loved this movie!

Snow-Cake.jpg

Missed that one, and not on Netflix.

will have to keep my eyes open

He was always great to watch. What a shame.

Alan Rickman, one of the best-loved and most warmly admired British actors of the past 30 years, has died in London aged 69. His death was confirmed on Thursday by his family. Rickman had been suffering from cancer.
A star whose arch features and languid diction were recognisable across the generations, Rickman found a fresh legion of fans with his role as Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films. But the actor had been a big-screen staple since first shooting to global acclaim in 1988, when he starred as Hans Gruber, Bruce Willis’s sardonic, dastardly adversary in Die Hard – a part he was offered two days after arriving in Los Angeles, aged 41.

Alan Rickman, giant of British film and theatre, dies at 69
loved his work in Sweeney Todd and Rasputin

Well, if it happens in threes, then I guess it is done then?

David Bowie
Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister
Alan Rickman

Forum List

Back