CDZ RIGGED ELECTION: Let's see if we can imagine a new way to gather and count votes

Govt is the worst place to look for innovation and excellence..
But the only place to look for regulating voting.

But, to your point: independent commissions, maybe foreign, should be enlisted to assess our system and make recommendations. Especially including redrawing districts.

Not foreign.. Highly TECHNICALLY QUALIFIED.. I'd go to places like IEEE or ASME professional societies to design "day of voting" machines and procedures.. That's would work just fine..

If ya remember, we all got weirded out by "chad" and recounts in 2000. The Dems particularly went to voting machine COMPANIES and got sold shitty over-thought designed crap.. And they SCREAMED ABOUT WANTING TOUCH SCREENS... That was the total solution...

It sucks.. The machines used on day of voting should be SIMPLE and completely PROPRIETARY.. NOT relying on MSoft Op systems, floating point math processors, VIRUS PROTECTION and net and wireless connections...

Like I said above, what we're finding is not criminal, but the INABILITY OF LOCAL registrars to set-up, maintain and re-validate these machines..

And then there's got to be a realization that a ballot IS A LEGAL DOC, not a pizza coupon or Pub Clearing house package when it hits the mail... No matter if COVID is the excuse or an ALIEN occupation or whatever they use next to shred "chain of custody" on the ballots..

The EVIDENCE of wrong-doing is LONG GONE.. With the shredded or burned envelopes tghat mail-ins were SUPPOSED to come in.. So -- FIXING things is the priority. NOT litigating the last election..
There is no significant fraud. Dreaming up errors is not a good basis to believe there is or might be. We don't really need a new system at all. We need to punish elected officials who spread lies about the current system.
Lindell has proven fraud. If what he has gets to any court it is game over. Data does not lie, you do.

The local pizza parlor doesn't have the same business model that it had in 2015...much less 1915.
make pizza sell pizza. what other model is there?
New flavors and toppings...Side orders...expanded delivery area....marketing....expansion... etc...
eat in, offer different entrees. free pop, free appetizers, all being done. so what needs to change, you said it no one else did.
All of those things are part of the business plan...of which you'll need capital...to get it you'll need to get a loan from the bank....the bank is going to want to see a plan before they loan the money.
What’s different from 1915? Come on mother fker

There is no significant fraud. Dreaming up errors is not a good basis to believe there is or might be. We don't really need a new system at all. We need to punish elected officials who spread lies about the current system
So where was your investigation?

Here's my method. For a presidential or run off election with a few candidates.

Voting is something like a sports game- tally points to determine a winner. When you go to a sports game, the score is tallied in real time and shown on large displays, that everyone can see. Also, the whole game is played in the open, for cameras to record. Not one moment is played off the field, or off camera. No one disputes the score at the end. The score was tallied as points were made.

Currently we use computers for voting and discourage cameras. This is backwards! My method the voter does not use a computer. And everything is recorded on camera!

You must show up at your precinct and drop a ballot into a clear box. A ballot can be any plain piece of paper. Just write your candidate's name or initial on any blank sheet of paper. You don't have to sign it. However you can write a random phrase or number, only you know, on it. Fold it once.

When you approach the ballot box you will place your voter registration card on a card holder on top of the box, so the camera can see it. The camera records you and your ID card, as you drop your ballot into the box.

Ballots are removed from the box one at a time and tallied at a counting table. The tally person holds up each ballot to the camera. Then presses the add +1 on an adding machine (or pc with a calculator app). Like at a sports game, the tally is always on display on the room display screen. And each ballot held up and counted is recorded on live camera.

Anyone present can also video record/stream- the public, the press, party observers. These cameras can be used as backup/verification cameras.

When the last ballot is counted, the final tally is already on screen for all to see. The result and video is uploaded to the county and state web site. Anyone can watch video playback of any precinct. This way, anyone can verify that all the ballots were counted accurately at any precinct!

Not only that you can verify if YOUR ballot was counted. Watch the playback for when they hold up your ballot to the camera. You'll know because you wrote a random phrase or number on it! Only you will know it's your ballot. Proof it was counted. You saw your ballot held up, and the tally person pressed add +1 for your candidate. And the display screen showed it.

This is the only method that allows ANYONE to verify the counting at ANY precinct. Absentee voting will have to qualify for good reason and send in their ballot to the precinct, and a poll worker will stand in line and drop their ballot for them- displaying the absentee's reg ID.

Video is proof! Video is allowed in court! My method records everything at the precinct! Dropping the ballot. Who dropped it. And counting every ballot one at a time.

Questions? Try and pick it apart. You can't.
And we will have a winner declared sometime in July...possibly. Your suggestion is crazy.

We've had elections since day one. The only reason we have this upheaval is because of one sore loser and a dwindling number of people who believe him.

We've had election uncertainty since 2004 when computer touch screens became in wide use in 2004, when Bush was behind Kerry and there was a 'pause' in the reporting, and after the pause, Bush was ahead.
Negative.
Also in 2007, then-Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, found that touchscreen voting machines were vulnerable to hacking with relative ease.

We can't trust computers.
You're using a computer right now. Be careful. You can't trust it. LOL

Even with a paper trial. A computer printing a report means nothing. What works in counting anything is observers watching each count one by one, by hand: 1, 2, 3, 4, .... You can't cheat doing it that way. Then simply record it on video. When a precinct is done counting by hand on video, they post the results, the video, and the final screen snap of the video showing the results. Why is that crazy to record it on video?
It isn't unusual to have 40 or 50 offices up for election on a single ballot with numerous referendums and amendments....

So are there now going to be 40 or 50 slips of paper for some one to fill out...and record every image?

Thats just for starters.

I'm sorry but your system is nuts.
Would you mind discussing my system as to why? Forget the "40 or 50 slips of paper to fill out". My system is only for an election of two or three candidates. Not for agenda items. Give me another reason. Why won't video work as proof of accuracy?

Voting is something like a sports game- tally points to determine a winner. When you go to a sports game, the score is tallied in real time and shown on large displays, that everyone can see. Also, the whole game is played in the open, for cameras to record. Not one moment is played off the field, or off camera. No one disputes the score at the end. The score was tallied as points were made.

Currently we use computers for voting and discourage cameras. This is backwards! My method the voter does not use a computer. And everything is recorded on camera!

You must show up at your precinct and drop a ballot into a clear box. A ballot can be any plain piece of paper. Just write your candidate's name or initial on any blank sheet of paper. You don't have to sign it. However you can write a random phrase or number, only you know, on it. Fold it once.

When you approach the ballot box you will place your voter registration card on a card holder on top of the box, so the camera can see it. The camera records you and your ID card, as you drop your ballot into the box.

Ballots are removed from the box one at a time and tallied at a counting table. The tally person holds up each ballot to the camera. Then presses the add +1 on an adding machine (or pc with a calculator app). Like at a sports game, the tally is always on display on the room display screen. And each ballot held up and counted is recorded on live camera.

Anyone present can also video record/stream- the public, the press, party observers. These cameras can be used as backup/verification cameras.

When the last ballot is counted, the final tally is already on screen for all to see. The result and video is uploaded to the county and state web site. Anyone can watch video playback of any precinct. This way, anyone can verify that all the ballots were counted accurately at any precinct!

Not only that you can verify if YOUR ballot was counted. Watch the playback for when they hold up your ballot to the camera. You'll know because you wrote a random phrase or number on it! Only you will know it's your ballot. Proof it was counted. You saw your ballot held up, and the tally person pressed add +1 for your candidate. And the display screen showed it.

This is the only method that allows ANYONE to verify the counting at ANY precinct. Absentee voting will have to qualify for good reason and send in their ballot to the precinct, and a poll worker will stand in line and drop their ballot for them- displaying the absentee's reg ID.

Video is proof! Video is allowed in court! My method records everything at the precinct! Dropping the ballot. Who dropped it. And counting every ballot one at a time.

And we will have a winner declared sometime in July...possibly. Your suggestion is crazy.

We've had elections since day one. The only reason we have this upheaval is because of one sore loser and a dwindling number of people who believe him.

We've had election uncertainty since 2004 when computer touch screens became in wide use in 2004, when Bush was behind Kerry and there was a 'pause' in the reporting, and after the pause, Bush was ahead.
Negative.
Also in 2007, then-Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, found that touchscreen voting machines were vulnerable to hacking with relative ease.

Even with a paper trial. A computer printing a report means nothing. What works in counting anything is observers watching each count one by one, by hand: 1, 2, 3, 4, .... You can't cheat doing it that way. Then simply record it on video. When a precinct is done counting by hand on video, they post the results, the video, and the final screen snap of the video showing the results. Why is that crazy to record it on video?
It isn't unusual to have 40 or 50 offices up for election on a single ballot with numerous referendums and amendments....

So are there now going to be 40 or 50 slips of paper for some one to fill out...and record every image?

Thats just for starters.

Would you mind discussing my system as to why? Forget the "40 or 50 slips of paper to fill out". My system is only for an election of two or three candidates. Not for agenda items. Give me another reason. Why won't video work as proof of accuracy?

Have you ever voted? States often schedule their elections at the same time as the general election. Elections for senators and house members are always at the same time as the general election.
So it can't be discounted.

If you really want another reason...the idea of someone just using whatever paper they want is pretty silly.

What if you mis-spell the candidate's name--think Markowski for example. Is it still a valid ballot?

What if you just write the last name and two candidates have the same last name?

What do you do for referendums or state constitutional amendments?

If any of the above wasn't a Mount Everest size roadblock...it would still be a dumb idea.

Negative.

Thats just for starters.

Have you ever voted? States often schedule their elections at the same time as the general election. Elections for senators and house members are always at the same time as the general election.

If you really want another reason...the idea of someone just using whatever paper they want is pretty silly.

What if you mis-spell the candidate's name--think Markowski for example. Is it still a valid ballot?

What if you just write the last name and two candidates have the same last name?

If any of the above wasn't a Mount Everest size roadblock...it would still be a dumb idea.
You really aren’t bright

Negative.

Thats just for starters.

Those are simple obstacles to adjust for in a video-only method. My method isn't in stone. Use a pre-printed one page sheet with a check box by each candidate to prevent misspellings, etc. My video-only method is not for referendums. Only for two or three candidates. It would work if we have a national president election holiday day.

It's basically very simple. Cast ballot and count ballot one at a time, on camera. Each precinct. The final tallies at each precinct are indisputable, having video proof.

The OP is asking for a system that has " better efficiency and accountability."

I came up with that. Simple. Efficient. Accurate. Verifiable by anyone. No computers on the internet (except to upload the video with results). It's the only system a voter verify their ballot was counted, and counted accurately. Because you SEE it being counted on video playback. No other system can provide visual proof of your vote being counted.

Video is proof. As for using a computer to post this, yes, I am concerned about privacy and malware using a computer on the internet. Everyone should be. Look at all the ransonware attacks on the increase. I take multiple precautionary steps. We have to get computers out of elections when possible. You can if it's only two or three candidates. That is a limitation of my system.

Last edited:

Negative.

Thats just for starters.

Those are simple obstacles to adjust for in a video-only method. My method isn't in stone. Use a pre-printed one page sheet with a check box by each candidate to prevent misspellings, etc. My video-only method is not for referendums. Only for two or three candidates. It would work if we have a national president election holiday day.

It's basically very simple. Cast ballot and count ballot one at a time, on camera. Each precinct. The final tallies at each precinct are indisputable, having video proof.

I came up with that. Simple. Efficient. Accurate. Verifiable by anyone. No computers on the internet (except to upload the video with results). It's the only system a voter verify their ballot was counted, and counted accurately. Because you SEE it being counted on video playback. No other system can provide visual proof of your vote being counted.

Video is proof. As for using a computer to post this, yes, I am concerned about privacy and malware using a computer on the internet. Everyone should be. Look at all the ransonware attacks on the increase. I take multiple precautionary steps. We have to get computers out of elections when possible. You can if it's only two or three candidates. That is a limitation of my system.
Yeah, your system isn't better by any standard. Not by accuracy; not by speed; not scalable. It makes the voting process more difficult; not less difficult.

What if the video camera doesn't get a good image? Oh my goodness...then we have a tainted election!!!!

Negative.

Thats just for starters.

And where are the images saved once they are recorded?

Negative.

Thats just for starters.

how does you system prevent repeated ballots from illegal sources exactly?

But, to your point: independent commissions, maybe foreign, should be enlisted to assess our system and make recommendations. Especially including redrawing districts.

Not foreign.. Highly TECHNICALLY QUALIFIED.. I'd go to places like IEEE or ASME professional societies to design "day of voting" machines and procedures.. That's would work just fine..

If ya remember, we all got weirded out by "chad" and recounts in 2000. The Dems particularly went to voting machine COMPANIES and got sold shitty over-thought designed crap.. And they SCREAMED ABOUT WANTING TOUCH SCREENS... That was the total solution...

It sucks.. The machines used on day of voting should be SIMPLE and completely PROPRIETARY.. NOT relying on MSoft Op systems, floating point math processors, VIRUS PROTECTION and net and wireless connections...

Like I said above, what we're finding is not criminal, but the INABILITY OF LOCAL registrars to set-up, maintain and re-validate these machines..

And then there's got to be a realization that a ballot IS A LEGAL DOC, not a pizza coupon or Pub Clearing house package when it hits the mail... No matter if COVID is the excuse or an ALIEN occupation or whatever they use next to shred "chain of custody" on the ballots..

The EVIDENCE of wrong-doing is LONG GONE.. With the shredded or burned envelopes tghat mail-ins were SUPPOSED to come in.. So -- FIXING things is the priority. NOT litigating the last election..
There is no significant fraud. Dreaming up errors is not a good basis to believe there is or might be. We don't really need a new system at all. We need to punish elected officials who spread lies about the current system.
Lindell has proven fraud. If what he has gets to any court it is game over. Data does not lie, you do.

Lindell is WAAAY the fuck out of his league on data forensics.. Wouldn't recognize a proof of fraud if it had God's signature on it.. (or maybe that would be the ONLY way he recognized it)..

But more importantly -- NOBODY -- except NSA or a major foreign intel operation has the equipment and RECORDING and connections to be "picking up packets" from 1000s of polling centers on election night.. You can THINK he has some data --- but the conspiracy theory doesn't explain WHERE IT CAME FROM...

Mikey kind of stuffed that basic info into a MyPillow and shipped it to me...

Lindell is WAAAY the fuck out of his league on data forensics.. Wouldn't recognize a proof of fraud if it had God's signature on it.. (or maybe that would be the ONLY way he recognized it)..

But more importantly -- NOBODY -- except NSA or a major foreign intel operation has the equipment and RECORDING and connections to be "picking up packets" from 1000s of polling centers on election night.. You can THINK he has some data --- but the conspiracy theory doesn't explain WHERE IT CAME FROM...

A court will ask that. He deserves his day in court.

I'm not expecting a terribly vibrant thread, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. So here goes:

I wonder if we could toss out a few ideas on how we can count votes in the future. Leaving (or at least trying to leave) your political affiliation out of this, let's see your ideas on how the states might best do the following:
  • Make voting as easy as possible, particular in rural, less dense areas
  • Minimize the need for recounts
  • Create voting systems (voting & counting) that maximize security
I'll start: Let's begin by dragging ourselves away from this need to know who won a state by the end of Election Day. Let's have an automatic audit confirmation process that counts the vote multiple (two or three different) ways on Election Night and the next day. That way we can minimize the need for recounts after the fact.

Also, while each state will certainly have its own rules, maybe we can find SOME common methods so that we can standardize them for better efficiency and accountability.

Okay, go. Let's try "imagining" instead of just repeating.
Easy:

walk into a place where you vote, show Id, vote, put your ballot in the machine and watch as it’s recorded. Duh

He's gonna get killed just on the question of WHERE THE SHIT CAME FROM.. Trial over.. He can not answer that..

Hope he doesn't lose his biz.. He's got a great company and products, but he should KNOW "pride goeth before the fall". And that visit to WHouse made a media whore out of him...

He's gonna get killed just on the question of WHERE THE SHIT CAME FROM.. Trial over.. He can not answer that..

Hope he doesn't lose his biz.. He's got a great company and products, but he should KNOW "pride goeth before the fall". And that visit to WHouse made a media whore out of him...
How do you know that?

Which criterion is the most important, making voting as easy as possible or maximizing security?
Most important? Security. But the world is not binary. We should strive for both, not just one or the other.
Don't know how that's going to work in today's climate. I believe voting should be a binary, non-political/emotional exercise of a citizen's right. Right now, it's the opposite. Elections results are politicized, recounts are politicized and now 'audits' are politicized. These are things that only work in apolitical environments. Both parties (but one much more than the other) are working against the best interests of democracy.

Which criterion is the most important, making voting as easy as possible or maximizing security?
Most important? Security. But the world is not binary. We should strive for both, not just one or the other.
Don't know how that's going to work in today's climate. I believe voting should be a binary, non-political/emotional exercise of a citizen's right. Right now, it's the opposite. Elections results are politicized, recounts are politicized and now 'audits' are politicized. These are things that only work in apolitical environments. Both parties (but one much more than the other) are working against the best interests of democracy.
Yeah. We're now in a situation where we have one party not just aggressively changing laws, but also running circus-like "audits" to keep the base happy. I'm not going to make assumptions, but I don't like where this is heading. Are swing states going to refuse to verify votes if they're afraid of their base? We're not far from that.

Yeah. We're now in a situation where we have one party not just aggressively changing laws, but also running circus-like "audits" to keep the base happy. I'm not going to make assumptions, but I don't like where this is heading. Are swing states going to refuse to verify votes if they're afraid of their base? We're not far from that.
The bases of both parties need a colossal self reflective spanking in this country. There. I said it.

Forum List

Back