Rick Perry's Iowa Chairman quits.

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
perryrick_082114getty.jpg

Photo source.

Former Gov. Rick Perry's (Texas) Iowa chairman is stepping down, delivering another blow to the GOP contender's 2016 presidential bid.

Sam Clovis cited the campaign's financial struggles, noting that he left in part because he is no longer being paid, the Associated Press first reported.

“I feel bad for the campaign and I feel bad for Governor Perry because I think he’s a marvelous human being, he’s a great man and it was my honor to be a part of this, but it was just time to move on,” Clovis later told the Washington Post.

One of Iowa’s most prominent conservatives, Clovis said he has been offered spots on “several” rival campaigns over the last two and a half weeks, and expects to sign on with one of them in the next few days...

...His departure comes after reports earlier this month that Perry had stopped paying campaign staff because of a lack of funds....

FYI.

OK, so? good grief these people come and go like going through a revolving door

You never care when it's done with the Democrats.

• Banned
This doesn't mean that Perry is done quite yet.

McCain went almost bust in 2007-2008, but hung in there.

Only, the 2008 GOP field was not nearly as crowded as this one is this time around. So many players looking for financial support to raise campaigns means that there is only so much to go around. And then there's Trump, keeping his foot proverbially on all of their necks.

That being said, since he won't be in the next debate, I could imagine a September/October dropout for him.

• Banned

You know, you really are an amazing fucking little troll.

You don't even take time to read an OP. It was not even up for 2 minutes...

And yes, I report these details over Democrats, too.

If you had eyes and could read, you would know this.

So, please stay on topic or just go fuck yourself.

Thanks!

Remember the sound effect on The Price is Right they play when someone loses? "BA BA BA BA .... BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

Only, the 2008 GOP field was not nearly as crowded as this one is this time around. So many players looking for financial support to raise campaigns means that there is only so much to go around. And then there's Trump, keeping his foot proverbially on all of their necks.

That being said, since he won't be in the next debate, I could imagine a September/October dropout for him.

Ya...and how did that election work out for "Crash" McCain?

Stephanie,

This was an Information post, notice th 'FYI'

Now the tripe you wrote afterward shows you that you are nothing more than a partisan hack.

Really nothing to read into this, it's a result of an action NOT an action. Perry quit paying staff two weeks ago. If you don't pay your employees they quit.

Soros must have rescued McCain and gave him the worst campaign manager in history

Perry's numbers are terrible and his campaign is clearly in need of some cash. One can hardly blame this man for leaving his campaign though. Unless I volunteer, I don't work free.

The sad thing is, Perry never recovered from his "Oops" moment in 2012. which is too bad, he had a pretty compelling narrative if anyone had bothered to listen.

I agree. In fact, to a certain degree, I like Rick Perry. His politics are not my politics, but I do think he is a decent guy. And in relation to the rest of the current GOP crop of candidates, one of the more sane ones.

Ya...and how did that election work out for "Crash" McCain?

To be exact:

Obama / Biden 52.87%
McCain / Palin 45.60%
margin: just under Obama +7.3%

:D

Really nothing to read into this, it's a result of an action NOT an action. Perry quit paying staff two weeks ago. If you don't pay your employees they quit.

I agree with you.

As I wrote in posting 2 - he may be down, but he's not out yet. Stranger things have happened in politics.

But my sense is that he will be out sooner than later.

I agree with you.

As I wrote in posting 2 - he may be down, but he's not out yet. Stranger things have happened in politics.

But my sense is that he will be out sooner than later.
Perry will not make Iowa.
Christie will not make Iowa.
If Biden gets in Clinton will not make Iowa.

Forum List

Back