Rick Perry takes a commanding lead in the polls less than 3 days after announcing

http://politisite.com/2010/08/06/poll-accuracy-in-the-2008-presidential-election-rasmussen-pew/

The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national preelection
polls (as reported on pollster.com).
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
2. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
3. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
4. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*
5. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
6. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)
7. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)
8. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)
9. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
11. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
14. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)
15. Marist College (11/3)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
18. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

poll accuracy in the 2008 presidential election.pdf application/pdf Object.
After further research...I can't find this list directly on Pollster.com. The Huffington Post bought Pollster.com in July 2010. before that...they were pretty much though of as conservative, by liberals, and liberal, by conservatives.

At any rate...Realclearpolitics actualy links to the original polls, pollster.com or politifact doesn't. We've got conflicting information here.

Your party has always done the same thing until this election. Only problem is you nominated an idiot based on his color not his credentials.

And now you claim to know the mind of every Democratic voter. Awesome.

But again, you didn't address the issue. None of you have.

I make a light-hearted reference to the ethnicity of your top candidates, and you guys go ape shit. Flailing around. Lashing out. Insulting anyone and everyone. But never addressing your image problem. And you do have an image problem.

If you think this will NOT be an issue in the election, you're fools.

Your claims of racism are fallin on deaf ears troll. Now go stand in the corner like a good little dunce.

heh heh ok coward. You don't want to discuss it, fine.

But good luck winning the election with no minority voters.

http://politisite.com/2010/08/06/poll-accuracy-in-the-2008-presidential-election-rasmussen-pew/

The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national preelection
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

After further research...I can't find this list directly on Pollster.com. The Huffington Post bought Pollster.com in July 2010. before that...they were pretty much though of as conservative, by liberals, and liberal, by conservatives.

At any rate...Realclearpolitics actualy links to the original polls, pollster.com or politifact doesn't. We've got conflicting information here.

Could it be that you cant find it because Huffo doesnt want it to be seen in an attempt to discredit it?

I don't know much about Perry other than he's the Gov of Texas. A Texas that seems to be doing pretty damned good in this sucky economy.

Think I'll just wait and see how he does in the debates coming up.

1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

Could it be that you cant find it because Huffo doesnt want it to be seen in an attempt to discredit it?
But that doesn't make sense???....why would Huffington Post want to make Republimussen Reports look good?

See here Grampa...I'm not trying to fight with you...I'm trying to find out who's right about Republimussen's claims that they were the most accurate in 2008. I've got links to polls that were more accurate in that race...or as accurate. Did you look at the list I provided the link to?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

Besides....even Republimussen, with all thier conservative bias...has Obama 5 points ahead of Perry.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

Last edited:
I don't know much about Perry other than he's the Gov of Texas. A Texas that seems to be doing pretty damned good in this sucky economy.

Think I'll just wait and see how he does in the debates coming up.

By percentage, Texas had the worst state deficit of any state in the union. They also rank among the worst in education and health care. The "job creation" they claim to have is partly due to their large population growth and others moving into the state. Not from any real opportunities for real jobs.

All in all, it's all fluff. Like Perry.

But that doesn't make sense???....why would Huffington Post want to make Republimussen Reports look good?

See here Grampa...I'm not trying to fight with you...I'm trying to find out who's right about Republimussen's claims that they were the most accurate in 2008. I've got links to polls that were more accurate in that race...or as accurate. Did you look at the list I provided the link to?
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Besides....even Republimussen, with all thier conservative bias...has Obama 5 points ahead of Perry.
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

you say your trying to be unbiased but look how your spelling their name. Cmon man, bottom line is they were very accurate as were a few others. To simply no like the results you are reading in current polls does not equate to an innacurate poll.

you say your trying to be unbiased but look how your spelling their name. Cmon man, bottom line is they were very accurate as were a few others. To simply no like the results you are reading in current polls does not equate to an innacurate poll.
I'm not trying to say I'm unbiased.....I'm just saying Republimussen isn't the most accurate...and Perry trails Obama in the polls right now.....and I've proven both of those points.

I'm not trying to say I'm unbiased.....I'm just saying Republimussen isn't the most accurate...and Perry trails Obama in the polls right now.....and I've proven both of those points.

Maybe you didnt read the op correctly. This thread has nothing to do with Obamas numbers. Its about the GOP field.

In fact I dunno why you lefties are even commenting on the results as they have nothing to do with your party. Trolling can be fun though I guess

Maybe you didnt read the op correctly. This thread has nothing to do with Obamas numbers. Its about the GOP field.
That's true...and is it really that off topic to criticize Perry?, or show how it doesn't matter what his poll numbers are unless he can beat Obama?...I've seen several righties try this same thing on this site. They'll argue and say Republimussen is the most accurate...then when I prove they weren't, like conservative media told them...they back it off by saying I'm off topic.

Glad your not like that Grampa. :razz:

That's true...and is it really that off topic to criticize Perry?, or show how it doesn't matter what his poll numbers are unless he can beat Obama?...I've seen several righties try this same thing on this site. They'll argue and say Republimussen is the most accurate...then when I prove they weren't, like conservative media told them...they back it off by saying I'm off topic.

Thats all true but moot at this point as Perry has to win the nomination first

In fact I dunno why you lefties are even commenting on the results as they have nothing to do with your party. Trolling can be fun though I guess
I'm not a Democrat, and I'm not a liberal, and I didn't vote for Obama.

One of the terrible things about conservative media...is how they tell you that anyone who doesn't hate Obama must be a liberal.

I hate people like Biden, Palin, Perry, Pelosi, Reid, Angle, Rush, O'Reilly, Hannity, O'Donnell equaly. I hate those righties for what they've done to conservatism, and I hate the rest because they're idiots.

Thats all true but moot at this point as Perry has to win the nomination first
I think Romney has the money, and the momentum at this point. But hey!.....a year before November 2008...I was sure it was gonna be Gulianni VS Hillary. So who knows.

You know what would cause me to vote Republican?....if someone like Mitch Daniels, or Tim Pawlenty were the choices.

One of the terrible things about conservative media...is how they tell you that anyone who doesn't hate Obama must be a liberal.

I hate people like Biden, Palin, Perry, Pelosi, Reid, Angle, Rush, O'Reilly, Hannity, O'Donnell equaly. I hate those righties for what they've done to conservatism, and I hate the rest because they're idiots.

Well, I dont hate anyone. Not even Obama. We can undo his messes and recover. Im not a complete right wing ideologue. I just despise the position that the left has boxed us into in the last 4 or 5 years to the point that I would almost vote for anyone that wasnt obama.

I even voted for Perot back in the day. In the primaries I did not vote for McCain. I talk from the right but think before I act upon it.

Well, I dont hate anyone. Not even Obama. We can undo his messes and recover. Im not a complete right wing ideologue. I just despise the position that the left has boxed us into in the last 4 or 5 years to the point that I would almost vote for anyone that wasnt obama.

I even voted for Perot back in the day. In the primaries I did not vote for McCain. I talk from the right but think before I act upon it.
I rarely admit who I voted for. I'll tell you who I didn't vote for...but in this case...I'll admit I voted for Perot. I think he would have made a great president.

But you know what....somewhere between how conservative media wants us to think the economy is 100% the Democratic party's fault...and how the mainstream media wants to blame Bush more than Obama....there is a reality......and I don't think we're hearing it from anybody. I'm sick of the hatred, and 1/2 of Americans thinking the other 1/2 is the entire problem.

So, will the GOP nominate an extremist? I doubt it. The bounce was expected, since he just announced. He hasn't had time to succeed from the Union yet...

The DNC sure loves their white men... Only once in their history have they managed to elect or nominate a black person for President and they made sure it was not a female... Their token black guy lasted only 3 years before there is talk of trying to run someone else against him, preferably someone white I hear.

Prove me wrong for pointing that out..

Fucking Trolling idiot.
Who is it that the DNC wants to run against Obama?

ABP

Anybody but Paul.

You got something againts old White men?

Forum List

Back