Researchers Find About Half The Twitter Accounts Pushing To Reopen America Are Bots

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
I am so not surprised.

We have them on this board. They're easy to spot. Just look how many thousands of posts from them in just a short time. So many of them have more posts than I have and I've been on this board for nearly 6 years.

The calls for reopening the nation aren't mostly from Americans. It's bots.

Those Americans who have been manipulated by those bots really need to wake up. You're being played for a fool. Again.

Full disclosure, I have never had a twitter account.

1590253148197.png

Although the origins of the bot activity may not have been determined, given the right’s unwarranted hostility toward the health and safety guidelines, it’s reasonable to infer that it’s conservative interest groups attempting to advance their political agenda.

I am so not surprised.

We have them on this board. They're easy to spot. Just look how many thousands of posts from them in just a short time. So many of them have more posts than I have and I've been on this board for nearly 6 years.

Those Americans who have been manipulated by those bots really need to wake up. You're being played for a fool. Again.

Thats ok

I dont think America should be ruled by Twitter anyway

Do you?

I am so not surprised.

Not surprised.

Although the origins of the bot activity may not have been determined, given the right’s unwarranted hostility toward the health and safety guidelines, it’s reasonable to infer that it’s conservative interest groups attempting to advance their political agenda.
Or Russia seeking to exploit divisions.

…to the benefit of the conservative agenda – in this case to avoid a recession jeopardizing Trump’s reelection bid.

Indeed, Russia is working to facilitate Trump’s reelection.

I am so not surprised.

Which one of us is a Bot?

I am so not surprised.

Hey, bots gotta make a living too.........

…to the benefit of the conservative agenda – in this case to avoid a recession jeopardizing Trump’s reelection bid.

Indeed, Russia is working to facilitate Trump’s reelection.

The US economy facing potential destruction...... and you think Americans are trying to save Trump? They are/ we are trying to save ourselves. The economy can begin to open (and it has started) with precautions. The Feds can give the American people a little FUCKING respect. We pay their salaries and they have lived fat off our backs for years. We can responsibly begin to go back to work, and we dont need to be arrested for walking alone on the beach.
Leftists simply are in love with power and control. its so hard for them to give it up.
Guarantee you, those same very people who in power and can tell us what rules WE need to obey... they have no problem getting a haircut, they have no problem getting medical care, they have no problem going to their private gym, getting their prepared meals, going to see their private dentist, flying around in their private jets, Their kids and grandkids will not be affected by future economic disaster that the rest of us are facing. They are set for life and very disconnected to the realities the rest of us face. They expect us to be happy with a freezer filled with chocolate Ice cream.

It’s also reasonable to infer that it’s conservative interest groups attempting to advance their political agenda in an attempt to demonize Democratic elected officials who wisely and appropriately follow the health and safety guidelines.

I am so not surprised.

I suppose the people protesting to open the nation are bots too? (eye roll)

I know you haven't figured it out yet...but a lot of Americans HAVE! The shut down didn't need to happen.

Most likely foreign agencies trying to damage our country as badly as possible.

Conservatives are merely useful idiots.

I am so not surprised.

you stay in your house until their are no more flu

I am so not surprised.

I suppose the people protesting to open the nation are bots too? (eye roll)

I know you haven't figured it out yet...but a lot of Americans HAVE! The shut down didn't need to happen.
No, they are useful idiots.

I am so not surprised.

Which one of us is a Bot?
Both of those characters who claim to be Muslim Trump supporters to start with.

Here's the underlying article the guys at BI lazily excerpted:

To analyze bot activity around the pandemic, CMU researchers since January have collected more than 200 million tweets discussing coronavirus or COVID-19. Of the top 50 influential retweeters, 82% are bots, they found. Of the top 1,000 retweeters, 62% are bots. [...]

Carley said that spreading conspiracy theories leads to more extreme opinions, which can in turn lead to more extreme behavior and less rational thinking.

"Increased polarization will have a variety of real-world consequences, and play out in things like voting behavior and hostility towards ethnic groups," Carley said.

The research team cannot point to specific entities behind the orchestrated attempts to influence online conversations. "We do know that it looks like it's a propaganda machine, and it definitely matches the Russian and Chinese playbooks, but it would take a tremendous amount of resources to substantiate that," Carley said.

Carley adds that not enough is known to develop a counter measure. Blocked accounts can resurface, and the nature of the network is such that you can’t just attack at individual points.​

Of course, twitter has all the resources to implement decisive counter-measures, but they won't. Of course they won't. After all, the latest outrage is generating clicks, which are generating revenues.

41 of the top 50 "retweeters" are bots, spreading disinformation and conspiracy theories. While I am generally against environmental pollution, I would agree with bulldozing the whole shebang into the nearest ocean.

I am so not surprised.

NEWSFLASH: Thinking people don't give a shit what is on twitter.

Are all those people protesting the leftist dictatorial tactics in the streets bots too?

Forum List

Back