Republicans think handing corporations money creates jobs.

The right is often wrong on the economy. I'd love to hear some new material that isn't the same rehashed, unproven, class war, trickle down. Our benevolent conglomerates who already dodge massive amounts of tax will do the right thing with extra profit and share their scraps by hiring some people at market rate? The invisible hand will do the right thing, as foreseen by our economic sages, and will fix the problem Trump says it will fix?

First of all Tax is not theft, libertarians. And its also not a "always reduce" or "always increase" thing. What is earned in revenue by a single person or a corporation is not all yours and being stolen in the night. The cost of playing the game, the cost of participating in the biggest economy in the world, needs to be assessed and applied. But how should it be applied to not stifle and at the same time ensure people and entities are paying for what they use of the economy, e.g. more than just the price of an input or interest, the public or societal costs of operating. Frankly, public goods being consumed by the work force and sustaining them are ultimately and indirectly consumed by the entities that hire them. A company that employs 100k people is the macro benefactor of 100k lifetimes of public good consumption. Do we really think that is fully paid for through slow wages and the different tax plans on the table? It's much more complex than this, for sure, so some openness is required to see what other meaningful trends are hidden.

I'm working on a side project currently to model indirect consumption of public goods in hopes of getting a better understanding of what different entities should be paying back into the system.

For me, I see these monster conglomerates sucking wealth out of the economy for few owners and I just don't see how it's fair. The same could be said about able bodied people on welfare, but overall one is sucking trillions and the other is less than 100 billion not counting the other costs of freeloaders.

Call me names and I won't respond but heck I may not respond anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Yes, Trump's reduction from 35% to 125% is handing corporations money.

Say a corp has 1 million in profits above the cut off point for top rate.

Currently they would pay 350K on that money.

Because of Trump they would pay $150K

Why did they get an additional $200k in their bank? Because of Trump.

Trump handed them the money.

Now you asshole whiners can scream " OMG OMG keeping their own money" all you want.

'But the fact is, tha got that extra money because Trump gave it to them.
The government doesn't own money you make, you statist dumbfuck
I never said it did.

The change in taxes gave those corps more money in their wallets.

Now you asshole whiners can scream " OMG OMG keeping their own money" all you want.

I never said it did.

you cant set a standard on something that changes constantly.
Saying "giving them more money" would mean the govt owned it in the first place.
Surely to gawd you can come up with better innuendo than this stupid stuff.

I have news for the ultimate business man of all time, El Dumpster. Handing corporations money through tax cuts do not create jobs. Corporations hire people when they have a need.

If you want to create jobs, increase the demand for the products corporations supply. You do that by cutting taxes for the the middle & lower class people. They will spend that money & thereby increase demand.

If you want to bring those overseas corporate profits, end the tax break that said those profits aren't taxed until they bring them home.

Then, consider how much money Trump will profit from this tax break. Conflict of interest.

This tax break will not help struggling companies that make no or little profit.

It will actually reduce some investments. Corporatioins buying equipment, etc get a tax write off worth 35% & now that write off is only worth 15%.

'Trump is only helping himself.

Twit......cutting taxes creates jobs...and brings more money into the government...Kennedy did it as did Reagan....the only nuts who think raising taxes helps an economy are morons like you......you should live in Venezuela where you can live in the results of what you believe....
Great. Lets cut taxes by 20% every. Soon we will have tons of money in the federal treasury with no one paying any taxes.

Great plan.

You don't understand...since you are a left. When a company of any size gets to keep the money they earn...they don't put it in a warehouse so they can look at it. They take that money and expand...that means more jobs, not less...that means more tax dollars, not less.

Besides....Corporations do not pay any taxes...no matter what rate you put on them. They pass the tax to the consumer, by raising prices, or lettting people go....or just not expanding and hiring new people....

Kennedy and Reagan cut taxes and we had booms in the economy both times......tax cuts create wealth.....for everyone.
Wow. You think corporations expand without additional demand for their products.

And so, when corp income taxes are lowered, prices will drop. Right?

Income taxes are taxes on profits. Pricing is determined by the marketplace.

How did you people get this stupid?

I never said it did.

you cant set a standard on something that changes constantly.
Saying "giving them more money" would mean the govt owned it in the first place.
Surely to gawd you can come up with better innuendo than this stupid stuff.

So, if corporate tax rates are lowered, their wallets don't get fatter?

Iin the late fall, Our board of directions, management & account would get together & look at the estimated taxable income we would have for that year. The accountant would comment as to whether it is a good time to buy equipment. At that time, you depreciated equipment over a certain number of years & buildings longer. The value of that depreciation is determined from your tax rate.

If there is a piece of equipment that is being considered & it cost $500K, Depreciation at 35% would put the real cost at $325K.

Depreciation at 15% put the real cost at $425K.

Lowering the corporate tax rate may reduce expansion in some cases as it would lower the incentive to invest instead of pay taxes.

I have news for the ultimate business man of all time, El Dumpster. Handing corporations money through tax cuts do not create jobs. Corporations hire people when they have a need.

If you want to create jobs, increase the demand for the products corporations supply. You do that by cutting taxes for the the middle & lower class people. They will spend that money & thereby increase demand.

If you want to bring those overseas corporate profits, end the tax break that said those profits aren't taxed until they bring them home.

Then, consider how much money Trump will profit from this tax break. Conflict of interest.

This tax break will not help struggling companies that make no or little profit.

It will actually reduce some investments. Corporatioins buying equipment, etc get a tax write off worth 35% & now that write off is only worth 15%.

letting people keep their own money is not "handing it to them"

I guess lots of repubs and Trump like to be "trickled" on.

I wouldn't know but that has nothing to do with the fact that people keeping their own money is not equivalent to government "handing them money"

Businesses don't just hire when the demand increases. Sometimes they create a demand, that's how the demand gets there in the first place. Many many cities offer tax incentives to get businesses to come in because people pay taxes on earnings, goods and services.
It is still based on demand.

Not the availability of money.

Offering tax breaks to move is not the same as federal tax breaks across the board.
I just explained demand is created. There was a desire but no demand for air conditioners before they were invented and manufactured. Once available demand was created.
And the demand created the jobs. Thank you for fin ally get your shit together & agreeing with me.
I disagreed with you and explained why and you proved yet again that you're incredibly stupid. The demand didn't create jobs, the business owners did. They could have easily decided not to take on any additional risk. A low level flunky job is the best you will ever do.

I'm not a party member, the world is far larger than your pea brain can grasp, but I do enjoy trickling on libtards.

Take the conservative thought that cutting taxes on companies creates jobs. Cut it to zero then. We'll have too many jobs to fill according to the fantasy economy cons see in their minds.

And this is why conservatives are so bad at economics. They think the theory of capitalism is exactly the same as the application of capitalism. They always hold some pollyanna view of things and reject any reality that contradicts it. Trickle-down economics has been proven to not work for 30 years, it only increases the national debt, but they cling to the past like a crack addict clings to his pipe.
Many corporations are paying zero, do you ever listen to anything other than commie news? They are typically in bed with government and have sweetheart deals.

It's been proven that cutting taxes creates jobs, Reagan nearly doubled the federal income. More workers = more taxes being collected overall. However 15% for them all seems reasonable, close the loopholes and more revenue will come in, not less. The corporate tax is so high the mega rich find ways around it.

I have no idea what the application of capitalism is supposed to mean. I'm sure you don't either. Your brain is only capable of reciting a few talking points that sound good to you. You do your namesake an extreme disservice.

The end result is the same. You play with words all you want, Trump is handing money to himself & corporations.

Guess who gets to make up the difference?

Take the conservative thought that cutting taxes on companies creates jobs. Cut it to zero then. We'll have too many jobs to fill according to the fantasy economy cons see in their minds.

And this is why conservatives are so bad at economics. They think the theory of capitalism is exactly the same as the application of capitalism. They always hold some pollyanna view of things and reject any reality that contradicts it. Trickle-down economics has been proven to not work for 30 years, it only increases the national debt, but they cling to the past like a crack addict clings to his pipe.
Many corporations are paying zero, do you ever listen to anything other than commie news? They are typically in bed with government and have sweetheart deals.

It's been proven that cutting taxes creates jobs, Reagan nearly doubled the federal income. More workers = more taxes being collected overall. However 15% for them all seems reasonable, close the loopholes and more revenue will come in, not less. The corporate tax is so high the mega rich find ways around it.

I have no idea what the application of capitalism is supposed to mean. I'm sure you don't either. Your brain is only capable of reciting a few talking points that sound good to you. You do your namesake an extreme disservice.

Trump is closing loopholes? Where was that?

Trump is closing loopholes? Where was that?
Learn to read.

Businesses only create jobs if there is demand to fill. In no way does cutting the corporate income tax rate result in an increase in consumer demand.

Profit (P) = Tax Rate (T) x (Revenues (R) - Expenses (E))
P = T * (R - E)

In no case will P < 0 unless T is 100%, or Expenses > Revenues.

A business grows not when Profit increases, but when Revenues do. Why? Because revenues measure the demand in the marketplace. If your revenues grow, then your business grows. If your profit grows, your business doesn't necessarily grow...you may just be reducing expenses (like cutting jobs and pay). But doing so doesn't mean that consumers will automatically spend more with you.

Iin the late fall, Our board of directions, management & account would get together & look at the estimated taxable income we would have for that year. The accountant would comment as to whether it is a good time to buy equipment. At that time, you depreciated equipment over a certain number of years & buildings longer. The value of that depreciation is determined from your tax rate.

If there is a piece of equipment that is being considered & it cost $500K, Depreciation at 35% would put the real cost at $325K.

Depreciation at 15% put the real cost at $425K.

Lowering the corporate tax rate may reduce expansion in some cases as it would lower the incentive to invest instead of pay taxes.
, Our board of directions,

Translation you work at McDonald's

The end result is the same. You play with words all you want, Trump is handing money to himself & corporations.

Guess who gets to make up the difference?

Yet he doesn't even take a pay check?

Also, businesses don't expand because their income tax rate is reduced. Businesses only expand when their revenues grow, because that is how demand for their product or service is measured. A company can increase its profits, but not see its revenues increase. They accomplish this by cutting expenses, namely labor and/or benefits, for the benefit of increasing the profit for the owner and/or majority shareholders/Board of Directors.

The equation is:

Profit = Tax Rate x (Revenue - Expenses)

In no case would Profit < 0 unless the Tax Rate was 100% or Expenses > Revenues.

Cutting the Tax Rate does not increase the Revenues. This distinction needs to be made because Conservatives are deliberately trying to muddy the waters because their economic policy sucks balls.

It's been proven that cutting taxes creates jobs

NO. It is not proven. Reagan cut taxes in 1981, and the unemployment rate spiked from 7.5% in January 1981 up to 10.8% by December 1982. So one year of Reagan tax cuts grew unemployment, not reduce it.

It wasn't until the Fed lowered interest rates and Congress increased spending by $32B in 1983 that the unemployment rate began to decline.

Tax cuts do not produce jobs. All they produce is debt.

Forum List

Back