Republicans Signal Cuts To Social Security, Medicare With New House Majority

The House Republicans should be very successful making major cuts to both programs. When their bill reaches the Senate, there will be plenty of moderate Democrats quick to obey the orders they receive from their billionaire political contributors to give the Senate Republicans the votes necessary to pass this bill. And, should Biden veto this destructive piece of legislation, the moderate Democrats will muster the votes needed to guarantee the Senate Republicans can override Biden’s veto.

That is what the democRats keep saying but we with a functioning brain know whose behind every SS cut in history.

Fn6BYz5XEAgZt95

The House Republicans should be very successful making major cuts to both programs. When their bill reaches the Senate, there will be plenty of moderate Democrats quick to obey the orders they receive from their billionaire political contributors to give the Senate Republicans the votes necessary to pass this bill. And, should Biden veto this destructive piece of legislation, the moderate Democrats will muster the votes needed to guarantee the Senate Republicans can override Biden’s veto.

Why would you cut something people worked their whole lives for, and who need that extra supplement to survive? Are Republicans high on oppression and suffering?

Why, when we are payiing for the tax cuts that went to the wealthy?
Nobody pays for tax cuts fuck face. It's nothing more than you keep your own money as opposed to government stealing it. You are a fucking idiot.

SS isn't supposed to be your only retirement funds.
90% of people retire on it and that is just a fact. We should just admit it and make it law. Raise the amount to allow for them to live a stable and peaceful rest of their life. That is the humane thing to do.

That would be fine and dandy if it really was your money that was locked away, earning interest, that was released to you at a certain age. You know, like a 401K, but that's not the way it works. Money you pay in now immediately gets paid out to current retirees and any excess is invested in government bonds where it is immediately spent on things legislators find important, like a bridge to nowhere. It then has to be repaid back into SS from the general fund. By the time you collect "your" money, you're getting paid from the efforts of current workers.

Are you aware that, currently 3 workers pay 1 retiree's benefits, and that number will soon be 2? That's not sustainable, and simply screaming that we can't do anything to the program isn't going to prevent if from collapse. If only it WAS our money that was locked away, earning interest for decades until we could access it. It would be awesome if I had an account with my name on it that would send me a statement every month showing how much I have in it.

The reason they say we have to do something about SS is simple. Left alone, it will go into bankruptcy. Is that your desired outcome, or do you just pretend if you don't look at it, everything will be fine?

That would be fine and dandy if it really was your money that was locked away, earning interest, that was released to you at a certain age. You know, like a 401K, but that's not the way it works. Money you pay in now immediately gets paid out to current retirees and any excess is invested in government bonds where it is immediately spent on things legislators find important, like a bridge to nowhere. It then has to be repaid back into SS from the general fund. By the time you collect "your" money, you're getting paid from the efforts of current workers.

Are you aware that, currently 3 workers pay 1 retiree's benefits, and that number will soon be 2? That's not sustainable, and simply screaming that we can't do anything to the program isn't going to prevent if from collapse. If only it WAS our money that was locked away, earning interest for decades until we could access it. It would be awesome if I had an account with my name on it that would send me a statement every month showing how much I have in it.

The reason they say we have to do something about SS is simple. Left alone, it will go into bankruptcy. Is that your desired outcome, or do you just pretend if you don't look at it, everything will be fine?

Notice you never got a response from Lamoron. He has no response. You tell it like it is, and it's ugly. It's more politically expedient to demonize the right for wanting to reign in this failing gov't program. And of course ignore the fact that Joe Biden wanted to do the same thing back in 1995.

Forum List

Back