Republicans More Informed Than Democrats, According to Pew Research

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
This definitely goes against the Left Wing Meme....

But facts usually do. 10 out of 12 times apparently.

Each year, Pew conducts its "What Do Americans Know" survey, which tests respondents on a series of questions. This year, the topics included the federal minimum wage, the territory occupied by ISIS, the Ukraine, Common Core educational proposals, fracking, where the Ebola virus is centered, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu, the U.S. poverty rate, where Shiite Muslims outnumber Sunnis, who chairs the Federal Reserve, where the federal government spends most and the U.S. unemployment rate. Unsurprisingly, older adults demonstrated greater knowledge than their younger counterparts, as did better-educated respondents.
But buried at the bottom of the survey report lies the subject heading "Partisan Differences in Knowledge," which itemizes each question and the percentage of Republicans, Democrats and Independents who answered each one correctly.

So how stark were the partisan knowledge differentials?

Out of 12 questions asked, Republicans outperformed both Democrats and Independents on 10. The differences were most pronounced on the questions regarding Common Core, fracking and where Shiites outnumber Sunnis, where the percentage of Republicans answering correctly outpaced Democrats by double digits. But Republicans also outperformed Democrats on questions centering on the federal minimum wage and the Fed Chairwoman, even though she's a Democrat appointed by Obama, while the minimum wage is Democrats' favorite wedge issue this election year to try to keep Harry Reid (D - Nevada) as the Senate Majority Leader.

Democrats only outscored Republicans in naming the primary Ebola outbreak location and the federal poverty rate, but only by 2 and 5 percentage points, respectively.

No link....to biased story..Notice no disclaimer on scientific research...
It has been shown many times, the more progressive a person is the less the know about their own country and how it works, it's actually a fact, like gravity. You can not like it all you want, it simply does not change reality.

In fact, your anger, or hate, or egotistical "I'm better than you" feelings, whatever you feel from my post is what causes this problem. The more progressive (far left liberal) a person becomes the less they actually know about our Government and they have zero interests in changing their opinion. I shifted from liberal(ish) when I didn't know anything or care about politics to Libertarian once I accepted truth over what felt like a truth I wanted.

From welfare to wars, from taxes to Government getting involved in HC... There is reality, then there is what people want things to be so badly they get consumed by partisan hate.

Reason's simple enough, Republicans are more informed because they're less-educated and need more. Fox viewers are the 2nd least college educated, only Jerry Springer fans are dumber. :)

Section 4 Demographics and Political Views of News Audiences Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
Yeah, because MSNBC at 26% college grad differs greatly from 25% for Fox in polling.

Isn't Jerry Springer a life-long Democrat and a Jew to boot. I would think he would be something you'd aspire to, given the disturbing nature of your posts. I'll wager almost all of his audience is Democrat. They're that stupid!

Reason's simple enough, Republicans are more informed because they're less-educated and need more. Fox viewers are the 2nd least college educated, only Jerry Springer fans are dumber. :)

Section 4 Demographics and Political Views of News Audiences Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

I'm not here to defend Republicans as the topic has nothing at all to do with college grads... Why did you bring up Republicans, College and Fox? You're quickly falling into that group I just discussed where as you have no interest in reality but rather to grasp the hate and attack.

You believe one study that claims Republicans that watch Fox news are the least educated yet you don't believe a study showing the further left someone is the less they know about politics and their own country... regardless of their "education" levels?

And for the record, being college educated does not make an individual intelligent, you actually have to be quite ignorant to believe college trumps real world experience. That's another thing that has been proven many times over, people learn much slower in college (school) than they do simply by working in the actual work place.

Take 2 people of just about any profession and have 1 go to school and the other intern/work their way up in that profession. By the time the one graduates the other will have made far more money, know how to do the actual job and be training the new grad on how to be productive. We simply moved away from this superior teaching enviorment because a degree seemed to carry more weight than actual experience... Mostly due to Government making regulations that require their set "qualifications" based on education levels that they set and most the time loan you the money to go to school to learn.

Yeah, because MSNBC at 26% college grad differs greatly from 25% for Fox in polling.

Isn't Jerry Springer a life-long Democrat and a Jew to boot. I would think he would be something you'd aspire to, given the disturbing nature of your posts. I'll wager almost all of his audience is Democrat. They're that stupid!

Is that true, 26% to 25%?

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan
How do you tell a Liberal - someone who can't tell the difference between Marx and Lenin and Marx and Lenon

marx-lennon.jpg

It's in Delta's link. Springer is a low-life Democrat politician from Ohio

It's in Delta's link. Springer is a low-life Democrat politician from Ohio
26% to 25% was the question, sorry if I was somehow unclear on that.

26% to 25% was the question, sorry if I was somehow unclear on that.
Got you the first time. It was in Delta's link. I'll male it easy for you: Section 4 Demographics and Political Views of News Audiences Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Got it, thanks. Thought you were telling me what was in the link when you said "Springer is a low-life Democrat politician from Ohio."

Well, now... All this time these people make fun of Fox viewers while the Rachel MadCow crowd is within a few % of stupid to the Fox news crowd.

Forum List

Back