Republicans, here's your chance.

I'm all for it.

I'd rather have a Balanced Budget Amendment, so that both fucked up parties have to justify all taxing and spending ideas. Add that to term limits and we'd some real change in DC.

We had a chance to get a balanced budget amendment when Slick Willy was President but the sonofabitch didn't want it and there was not enough Democrat votes to over ride his veto.

Democrats own the WH, House, and Senate. the problem with the cost of Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and the massive cost of waste / fraud in these programs; yet, Democrats have chosen not to address any of them. In true Democrat Form, the only thing the Democrats have done is to pour gasoline on record-setting deficit spending, putting their foot down on the gas pedal while insisting the tax rates go up 'for the richest Americans' which every economic expert says will hit Middle-Class small business owners HARD. It is ironic / hypocritical for Biden to insist Americans pay their fair share when he reportedly owes as much as $500,000 to the IRS).

Democrats, when in the minority, rebuked the GOP for not solving these problems. Now that they are in the majority they are making no effort to do anything about those programs nut they (you) are demanding the GOP, now in the minority, fix the problem.

:p

Democrats continue to prove they are fiscally irresponsible - criminally fiscally irresponsible. In order to pass another self/party-serving Porkulous bomb - while we are over $28 Trillion dollars in debt, Democrats waged a PR campaign in which they altered the definitions of words to insist that words that had nothing to do with 'Infrastructure' DID directly pertain to infrastructure. This was their initial laying the foundational basis to justify massive amounts of pork they planned to put into what they claim is a $3.5 Trillion dollar 'Infrastructure' bill, one the experts claim 1) the REAL cost will end up being more like $5.4 trillion dollars & 2) ONLY approx 10% of the $5.5 Trillion would be for Infrastructure.
-- Based on how criminally fiscally irresponsible the Democrats' actions are, packing this bill filled with SELF-serving pork, not critically needed infrastructure that would benefit the nation AND how they have made no effort to address the cost and fraud associated with the programs you 1st mentioned (SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc...), your political theater of calling on the GOP, who is now in the minority, is nothing more than an attempt to excuse / justify Democrats' lack of action / fiscal responsibility and a defense for why, as the majority, THEY have not undertaken the actions you 1st mentioned.

In their rush past SS / Medicare / Medicaid / etc... on the way to packing trillions of self-serving pork in a Non-Infrastructure Infrastructure bill, you and Democrats look back over your shoulders and ask why the GOP, riding in the back of the bus, are not takin action to do something to fix those problems, despite the Democrats are the majority and are the ones driving the bus.
Perhaps you missed the point. I'm talking about the 2022 campaign and beyond.

While True, neither did the Republicans when they had the White House, Senate and House.
Thank you for admitting that, I find it hypocritical for Mac, after Democrats already had a previous majority - to include the WH, House, & Senate - once before and did nothing about these, berated the GOP for not doing so when the GOP took over, and now - with the DNC again in majority power - asking the GOP to solve these problems.

Democrats blew it the 1st time.

The GOP blew it when they were in power.

Here is the Democrats' 2nd time as the majority, their 2nd chance to tackle these problems, and Mac is insisting it is the minority GOP's responsibility / opportunity to address / fix these issues.

If the entire federal budget is frozen in place with no automatic annual spending increases I think seniors can be convinced to take a cut also

Not because they deserve less but because it is necessary

After the budget is frozen we could reduce spending each year ACROSS THE BOARD by 1% till the budget was balanced
Some couldn't afford even that. But generally I agree. Back when HW was running against Slick, back when people paid some roughly bipartisan concern to deficits, I seem to recall some thought to a cut to overall spending of even 1%, and then limiting any increases in spending to less than gnp increases ... although the govt has to deficit spend in a recession.

I'm all for the bipartisan infrastruture, and we can't just go back to 1992 and not gop tax cuts. They happened and they increased deficits. I don't blame the dems for wanting to undo them and increase the child tax credit. But why you'd give a tax credit to people who don't work, I have no idea.

Perhaps you missed the point. I'm talking about the 2022 campaign and beyond.
Ah. Why do we have to wait for 2022 and beyond? Why don't the Democrats who control the WH, House, and Senate address these issues and fix them NOW?! Why are you giving them a pass, to let them off the hook and kick the can down the road?

Thank you for admitting that, I find it hypocritical for Mac, after Democrats already had a previous majority - to include the WH, House, & Senate - once before and did nothing about these, berated the GOP for not doing so when the GOP took over, and now - with the DNC again in majority power - asking the GOP to solve these problems.

Democrats blew it the 1st time.

The GOP blew it when they were in power.

Here is the Democrats' 2nd time as the majority, their 2nd chance to tackle these problems, and Mac is insisting it is the minority GOP's responsibility / opportunity to address / fix these issues.

The Democrats condemn the GOP for not "fixing" it, not for not cutting it. Now granted that is hypocritical also as they will likely do nothing either. They will wait until the day before it's "supposed" to go bankrupt. All B.S. but it won't stop people from arguing it.

Cutting social security and Medicare will result in a massive chaotic mess and the nation would probably never recover from it.

Mac1958

I think the GOP has figured out that talking about cutting those programs is a losing proposition. What works better for them is to talk about "making sure the RIGHT people get the money".

Let's take the very first one...

• America gained 7 million new jobs – more than three times government experts’ projections.
So, here is job creation for a number of years prior to COVID and including both Trump and Obama....can you point to the time when the Trump policies lead to a marked increase in jobs created...to me it looks as if not much of anything changed...

View attachment 544843
Your chart is bogus. It has no labels for the horizontal axis..

The Democrats condemn the GOP for not "fixing" it, not for not cutting it. Now granted that is hypocritical also as they will likely do nothing either. They will wait until the day before it's "supposed" to go bankrupt. All B.S. but it won't stop people from arguing it.
IMO it is a serious foul of both parties when they publicly declare SS will dry up / end by '2025' (?), refuse to address it / take steps to fix it, and engage in serous fiscally irresponsible pork-spending planning to boot, threatening the solvency of these programs even more due to increased debt.

Ah. Why do we have to wait for 2022 and beyond? Why don't the Democrats who control the WH, House, and Senate address these issues and fix them NOW?! Why are you giving them a pass, to let them off the hook and kick the can down the road?

The Democrats say they want to unite the country and work for everyone- not just their base.

This is their opportunity right now- to get things straightened out.

Proposing cuts to social security and Medicare is political suicide and a big time losing platform. Strengthening them is a winning platform. It is that simple.

Proposing cuts to social security and Medicare is political suicide and a big time losing platform. Strengthening them is a winning platform. It is that simple.
That is why parties in power like to condemn the opposing party for doing nothing to fix them when THEY were in power.....while having no intention to do so themselves.

So, if I were to post a similar list from the Obama White House, you of course would agree with all of those?

No, I sure wouldn't but I am not naive enough to think that he didn't do a few good things..maybe even more than would fit on the head of a pin.

Forum List

Back