Republican debate live thread Dec 10

Romney: Only one President has cut Medicare for seniors, and that's Obama.

I'd like to see that fact-checked. I find it pretty hard to believe.

why do you need so many things fact checked?

Google Medicare Advantage

I did fact-check it before your comment, as you could see from my subsequent comment. Are you saying Romney's statement as I quoted it was factually correct?

Wow, Gingrich said something that I suspected but didn't expect him to admit. He said that he and his allies proposed a healthcare mandate for political reasons (to defeat "Hillarycare") rather than because they actually thought it was good or practical.

Yup, then he goes off and says "Then I found mandates to be unconstitutional", There always were, LOL! So Newt lied, then lied again… then lied about lying….

Wow, Gingrich said something that I suspected but didn't expect him to admit. He said that he and his allies proposed a healthcare mandate for political reasons (to defeat "Hillarycare") rather than because they actually thought it was good or practical.
Doncha just love it when one of them let's a tiny bit of truth slip through?

Someone needs to call out Mitt and say how they had to take Obama stimulus money to make his HC program work without raising taxes.

Wow, Mitt is not saying "You are as bad as me!"???

Over a hundred and ten Republican House and Senate members who voted AGAINST the stimulus took hundreds of millions in stimulus money and created thousands of jobs they took credit for. It's easy to fact check. Anyone can do a "Google Search" and easily find out who took money and what programs it was spent on and who took credit for those NEW jobs. Not something that can be denied or ignored.

I do. One thing I love about debates is how the interaction provokes unguarded responses. I'm not entirely sure Gingrich's response was one (his claim was that he was being intellectually dishonest in the past, so he was being deceptive then or is lying now). But things like Romney's "I'm running for office" or Perry's "oops" are fun to watch.

Are you saying Romney's statement as I quoted it was factually correct?

yes, Obamacare included cuts to Medicare Advantage

one thing often lost in the left/right debates that take place here is that the GOP is really the party of old people, while Dems the party of the young, over 65s vote GOP disproportionately, so all the Republican talk of free markets and less spending gets tossed aside when it comes to massive entitlement plans for old people

I do. One thing I love about debates is how the interaction provokes unguarded responses. I'm not entirely sure Gingrich's response was one (his claim was that he was being intellectually dishonest in the past, so he was being deceptive then or is lying now). But things like Romney's "I'm running for office" or Perry's "oops" are fun to watch.

I'm lying now but wasn't lying then or, I was lying then but not now or --- Gawd, it's dizzying but, you can tell when pub/bags are lying because their lips are moving.

Romney: Only one President has cut Medicare for seniors, and that's Obama.

I'd like to see that fact-checked. I find it pretty hard to believe.

why do you need so many things fact checked?

Google Medicare Advantage

I'm not sure if you're joking.

Republicans said Obama took a trip costing 200,000,000.00 a day. Fact check proved this to be wrong.

Republicans complain Obama takes too many vacations when he has only a third of what Bush took. In fact, all the presidents for decades have more than Obama. Fact check good.

I bet I can list a hundred Republican lies about Obama without even bothering to look any up.

Romney offered Perry a $10,000 bet. If I were Perry I would have pointed out that $10,000 was more money for me than for Romney and reminded the audience that I came from humble origins and Romney is the son of a millionaire governor.

one thing often lost in the left/right debates that take place here is that the GOP is really the party of old people, while Dems the party of the young, over 65s vote GOP disproportionately, so all the Republican talk of free markets and less spending gets tossed aside when it comes to massive entitlement plans for old people

Isn't the average age of the Republican party around 60?

I know it's 90% white and mostly Christian.

Even Ann Rand took Social Security.

Santorum thinks character issues count.

But he doesn't have any.

He asks "Who can we trust?"

Answer, none of you,

Romney's statement was that Obama was the *first* to cut Medicare. It's not possible to demonstrate that by referencing Obama's actions alone (not that I'm conceding your characterization of them).

Santorum thinks character issues count.

But he doesn't have any.

He asks "Who can we trust?"

Answer, none of you,

I think we can trust him, he is just an asshole... He wants more war and all that. Santorum is not all bad, but where he is bad it's like WWWWWTF!! lolz. Like he hates gays.. The constitution does not discriminate against someone for their sexuality, race or gender, Santorum does.

Forum List

Back