Reparations, the big freaken lie!

I wouldn't presume to know or judge. What do you base your assertion?

50 years ago, Black marriage and illegitimacy rates were approximately the same as for Whites. Look at how the Civil Rights marchers acted and dressed. Compare that with the hell holes that many of our inner cities have become since then. Diversity has become a code word for tolerating (if not elevating) dysfunctional and antisocial behavior in these Black communities.

The Democrats have a great political interest in maintaining these cesspools. It will take something from within (e.g., the Nation of Islam) to break this bondage and change the values and behaviors of these communities.
You're talking about very complex social issues here, there are no simple lines to draw. You looked at marriage but not at incarceration rates for example. You blame the Dems but the GOP played a part in the war on drugs, especially crack, that hit the Black community very hard.

I wouldn't presume to know or judge. What do you base your assertion?

50 years ago, Black marriage and illegitimacy rates were approximately the same as for Whites. Look at how the Civil Rights marchers acted and dressed. Compare that with the hell holes that many of our inner cities have become since then. Diversity has become a code word for tolerating (if not elevating) dysfunctional and antisocial behavior in these Black communities.

The Democrats have a great political interest in maintaining these cesspools. It will take something from within (e.g., the Nation of Islam) to break this bondage and change the values and behaviors of these communities.
You're talking about very complex social issues here, there are no simple lines to draw. You looked at marriage but not at incarceration rates for example. You blame the Dems but the GOP played a part in the war on drugs, especially crack, that hit the Black community very hard.

I was referring to positive social norms. What do incarceration rates have to do with that? Why all the deflection from this serious problem?

And do you not believe that the Democrats have a vital interest in maintaining their 90% Black voting majorities? The last thing they want are prosperous, independent Black voters.

With all the talk about “fake news” these days, confirmation of fake news is easily found in hundreds of media outlets which continue to condemn the wrong actors for the existence of slavery in the United States. For example, Cory Booker, said “It is a cancer on the soul of our country.” While Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee alleged “The role of the federal government in supporting the institution of slavery . . . must be formally acknowledged and addressed.”

But what these liars refuse to acknowledge is, slavery was first introduced on America soil in the early 1600s when a number of slaves were brought to Jamestown, Virginia, a British colony. And millions more were introduced long before the establishment of the United States. In fact, in their quest to promote a fraudulent collective responsibility upon the good people of the United States, flimflam artists like Cory Booker, Sheila Jackson Lee, actor Danny Glover and other hustlers fail to acknowledge that after the Revolutionary War and the good people of America gained their independence from foreign domination [the real culprit of slavery on American soil] the people within a number of the states, exercising their newly found freedom, immediately moved to share the blessings of liberty to all by abolishing slavery!

For example, the people of Vermont took this immediate action in their 1777 declaration of rights, which declared "no ... person born in this country, or brought here over sea, ought to be holden by law to serve any person as a servant, slave, or apprentice". Likewise, the Massachusetts Constitution of 1780 declared that "all men are born free and equal" and was used by the court a few years after its adoption to legally forbid any person to be held as a slave. And, in 1787, the Northwest Ordinance, adopted by the Confederation Congress on July 13, 1787, declared "there shall be neither slavery nor involuntary servitude in the said Territory, otherwise than in the punishment of crimes whereof the party shall have been duly convicted."

By the year 1788 all the states north of Maryland, except New York and New Jersey, had legislated to extinguish slavery, and by 1804 the remaining two northern states [N.Y. and N.J.] had put slavery to rest.

The truth is, the injustice of slavery was not an injustice inflicted or perpetrated by the government of the United States. Quite the contrary! Upon the creation of the United States government, as witnessed by Article 1, Sec. 2, Clause 3, of the Constitution of the United States, an aversion to slavery was expressed by a specific penalty imposed upon those states having state sponsored slavery. Unfortunately, the constitutional penalty for state-sponsored slavery has been distorted and mischaracterized over the years by race baiters and hustlers who claim the provision "made blacks three-fifths of a person.". But a review of the actual words of Article 1, Sec. 2, clause 3, reveals slave holding states were penalized by this provision which denied them full representation in Congress in proportion to their actual population size---the population of slaves not being fully counted when apportioning representatives among the states, which diminished the voting strength of slave holding states in Congress Assembled!

And then there’s Article 1, Section 9 of our original Constitution by which slavery was intended to be taxed into extinction by the federal government.

”The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.”

So, as it turns out, contrary to Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s false assertion about the “… role of the federal government in supporting the institution of slavery . . .” its real role, from the very beginning, was working to abolish slavery. This is not to say that Africans did not suffer dearly under slavery. They did! But to point a finger at the wrong actors, and ignore how the good people of the United States worked from the very beginning of the United States to end slavery, is to perpetuated and instigate a nefarious cause ___ race baiting and hustling for political gain.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership has been angry, stupid and obnoxious ever since the Republican Party Leadership freed democrat owned slaves.___ Author unknown

The important thing to remember about reparations is that Blacks were neither the largest group nor the worst abused in history! Why do they deserve singled out for benefits but all the victims of these other acts, groups or moments in history do not?
  • The Trojan War
  • The Roman Republic
  • The spread of Persia
  • Alexander the Great at Babylon
  • The Punic War
  • Hannibal
  • The Crusades
  • The Conquest of Greece
  • The Roman Empire
  • Julius Caesar
  • Caligula
  • Nero
  • The Visigoths
  • Arabian siege of Constantinople
  • Charlemagne
  • The Viking Conquests
  • Spaniard destruction of the Aztec Empire
  • The Ottoman Empire
  • Joan of Arc
  • The Dark Ages
  • The Mongols
  • The American Indian
  • The Soviet Union
  • Mao Zedong
  • The Nazis
And I'm just scratching the surface here. Every war, every conquest, every land grab, every political movement had its victims. Just how do you give reparations to the Blacks without trivializing what all these other groups and peoples went through?

And you really think that post makes sense. OBTW We've been paying Native Americans reparations for almost 200 years. Now is the American government responsible for all that you mentioned?
OBTW we have been paying reparations to blacks for over a century

Nothing more is owed.

I was referring to positive social norms. What do incarceration rates have to do with that? Why all the deflection from this serious problem?

And do you not believe that the Democrats have a vital interest in maintaining their 90% Black voting majorities? The last thing they want are prosperous, independent Black voters.
How do Black women find husbands when such a large proportion of Black men are locked up?

If you think the Dems are so cohesive and organized that they could accutally work together to keep Blacks poor you should take this to the comspiracy room with all the other tin-hatters.

Nobody is getting reparations. It's just pandering to the mindless and the stupid as the presidential election campaigns kick off.
there was a time i would 100% agree with you as it's just completely stupid and counter to coming together.

but this is a new time. the left is trying to sell anything they can to get back into power and they simply don't see the short sighted nature of what they're doing. it's power back at any cost.

but they won't keep it. no one side ever does. now if they can change the electoral college, then which party is fascist again? hell, i think they're that way for even talking about it. i get the anger and emotions involved. but you have to look past that and any one party/groups "instant gratification" is going to have a cost. the cost here is simply too high and destroys the foundation of our country.

so anyone pushing for an end to the EC may as well be ripping up the constitution as they go.

Nobody is getting reparations. It's just pandering to the mindless and the stupid as the presidential election campaigns kick off.
there was a time i would 100% agree with you as it's just completely stupid and counter to coming together.

but this is a new time. the left is trying to sell anything they can to get back into power and they simply don't see the short sighted nature of what they're doing. it's power back at any cost.

but they won't keep it. no one side ever does. now if they can change the electoral college, then which party is fascist again? hell, i think they're that way for even talking about it. i get the anger and emotions involved. but you have to look past that and any one party/groups "instant gratification" is going to have a cost. the cost here is simply too high and destroys the foundation of our country.

so anyone pushing for an end to the EC may as well be ripping up the constitution as they go.
The Dems are just playing to the base, just like Trump promised to build a wall, end obamacare, lock her up, etc. Fires up the base, goes nowhere, and they get to blame the other party. Politics as usual.

The Dems are just playing to the base, just like Trump promised to build a wall, end obamacare, lock her up, etc. Fires up the base, goes nowhere, and they get to blame the other party. Politics as usual.
trump is building the wall where he can. i'm not for the wall but let's not pretend he's doing nothing on this promise because you don't like trump.
obamacare - he wanted to end it, as did the right. however the right couldn't get off their ass and come together for something better. but sure, blame trump. hate blinds, man.
lock her up? yep. that was playing to the base. i do believe she should be locked up but sooner or later you move on and stop carrying the past around with you. that's all that's being done now - do something stupid and blame past actions of the other side.

How do Black women find husbands when such a large proportion of Black men are locked up?

LOL Excellent circular argument! Are you going to subscribe to this farcical rationale for the next 50 years?
Thank you. Not all of us are so adept as you are at separating cause from effect.

You're welcome. Here is your cause-effect analysis:

1. LBJ's Great Society programs (e.g., AFDC) reward poor unmarried women (50% Black) with free housing, food, medical care and cash if they have children with an absent father.

2. Absent fathers mean that children are brought up without respected male authority figures. As a result, they have little or no restraint on destructive and irresponsible behavior.

3. Destructive behavior leads to criminal conduct and incarceration.*

4. Irresponsible behavior leads to repeating this cycle.

*Only 5% of Black men are incarcerated, so your argument about their nonavailability to Black women is bunk. Besides, how else do Black women have children?

Here is your cause-effect analysis:

1. LBJ's Great Society programs (e.g., AFDC) reward poor unmarried women (50% Black) with free housing, food, medical care and cash if they have children with an absent father.

2. Absent fathers mean that children are brought up without respected male authority figures. As a result, they have little or no restraint on destructive and irresponsible behavior.

3. Destructive behavior leads to criminal conduct and incarceration.*

4. Irresponsible behavior leads to repeating this cycle.

*Only 5% of Black men are incarcerated, so your argument about their nonavailability to Black women is bunk. Besides, how else do Black women have children?
1. You can point to any program or charity and claim they encourage dependence and you'd probably be right. However most of these problems already existed, the programs were created to address them. Did the programs have incentives to wean people from them? I would hope so but I don't know. There is no easy solution that I see. Ending social programs may only cause worse problems.

2. Absent fathers is a big problem but they all had mothers and often other family members. Most single mom's don't end up raising criminals but the rate is higher for them. What I could not find is why. There seems to be a host of reasons, including the fact single moms tend to be poorer.

* There’s a 52 percent chance that a low-income black man has been behind bars.

There’s a 52 percent chance that a low-income black man has been behind bars.
Cite?
Link

"As Americans move up the class ladder, their odds of being incarcerated start to drop dramatically. White men in the lowest income quintile have a more than 40 percent probability of ever having been jailed, Lewis finds. In contrast, the probability for white men at the highest income level is 9 percent. Since black people are far likelier to be impoverished or low-income, they’re also far likelier to be locked up. The probability that a low-income black man has been jailed is around 52 percent; for an upper-income black man it’s 14 percent."

So the difference is 52% (Black) vs. 40% (White) of the lowest quintile (20%)? And this uniquely prevents Black women from finding Black men?

There’s a 52 percent chance that a low-income black man has been behind bars.
Cite?
Link

"As Americans move up the class ladder, their odds of being incarcerated start to drop dramatically. White men in the lowest income quintile have a more than 40 percent probability of ever having been jailed, Lewis finds. In contrast, the probability for white men at the highest income level is 9 percent. Since black people are far likelier to be impoverished or low-income, they’re also far likelier to be locked up. The probability that a low-income black man has been jailed is around 52 percent; for an upper-income black man it’s 14 percent."

So the difference is 52% (Black) vs. 40% (White)? And this uniquely prevents Black women from finding Black men?
Incarceration can be the first step in a common spiral of ex-cons being unable to find jobs and lift themselves and their families out of poverty and instead become a burden to their families. And that is from a starting point of Blacks are more likely than other groups to be poor.

Incarceration can be the first step in a common spiral of ex-cons being unable to find jobs and lift themselves and their families out of poverty and instead become a burden to their families. And that is from a starting point of Blacks are more likely than other groups to be poor.

And your solution is...?

And your solution is...?
The problem has been brewing for generations, the solutions will probably take as long and never reach everyone. Blacks have been uniquely affected by their history of slavery and Jim Crow but I'd focus on every poor child since they all should be helped. All children should have equal opportunity to succeed and that means equal access to decent education, healthcare, nutrican, and housing. I would review existing programs for results and ensure states have flexibility and encouragement to try different solutions. Fund what works.

The problem has been brewing for generations, the solutions will probably take as long and never reach everyone. Blacks have been uniquely affected by their history of slavery and Jim Crow but I'd focus on every poor child since they all should be helped. All children should have equal opportunity to succeed and that means equal access to decent education, healthcare, nutrican, and housing. I would review existing programs for results and ensure states have flexibility and encouragement to try different solutions. Fund what works.

In other words, conduct unending social experiments using other people's money?

In other words, conduct unending social experiments using other people's money?
And your solution to children growing up in poverty? Let them eat cake!

New Topics

Forum List

Back