Reminder: Tonight's the Night!!! .... Or is it the day?

beautress

Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2018
Walker County, TX
Be on the lookout for the Annular Solar Eclipse in the sky! And it doesn't have a middle, because our world is blocking out the sun at various times and places for your Saturday amusement and entertainment!
1697280619101.png

Oh, darn it. It misses the Eastern Board categorically and for the US, follows an arbitrary path from the great northwest to Southwestern Texas. Oh, well, if you live in Oregon, North central Nevada, Middle to south Utah, Northwest to Southeastern New Mexico, South of the Texas Panhandle to Corpus Christi, you have the opportunity of a lifetime to see this amazing sight. Hope some of you reading this alert will get to see it, and the rest of us may be lucky enough to see it on TV. Who knows? I'm jealous of Mrs. Foxfyre. She may be in its direct path because it goes directly across the Land of Enchantment State that NM is. sigh

1697281067686.png

Last edited:
So it'll look like every afternoon here when the sky grows dark, sans the rain.

Or, it'll probably have dark clouds and rain anyway. :auiqs.jpg:

Oh, my goodness, now I'm not sure if it's us or the moon that blocks the sun and leaves a halo around the sun. Is there a more scientific person around who knows for sure? /humble thanks.... I'm a visual artist, and that's about it. But I love the phenomenon of a solar eclipse on the way to some of you. There's also a chance that if you're on a Western Gulf of Mexico cruise or something, you will get to see it sometime today. And if you're in Honduras, it's a dead ringer that you'll see it. It also crosses... the Amazonian area of.South America.

Found the map!

1697282249684.png

The moon will block the sun as it travels between the sun and earth. IF the earth were to travel between the moon and sun and block it's light, we wouldn't be able to see it unless we were on the moon.

Oh, my goodness, now I'm not sure if it's us or the moon that blocks the sun and leaves a halo around the sun. Is there a more scientific person around who knows for sure? /humble thanks.... I'm a visual artist, and that's about it. But I love the phenomenon of a solar eclipse on the way to some of you. There's also a chance that if you're on a Western Gulf of Mexico cruise or something, you will get to see it sometime today. And if you're in Honduras, it's a dead ringer that you'll see it. It also crosses... the Amazonian area of.South America.

Found the map!
The moon is just a farther out in its elliptical orbit so it is slightly smaller than the sun in appearance.

Oh, darn it. It misses the Eastern Board categorically and for the US, follows an arbitrary path from the great northwest to Southwestern Texas. Oh, well, if you live in Oregon, North central Nevada, Middle to south Utah, Northwest to Southeastern New Mexico, South of the Texas Panhandle to Corpus Christi, you have the opportunity of a lifetime to see this amazing sight. Hope some of you reading this alert will get to see it, and the rest of us may be lucky enough to see it on TV. Who knows? I'm jealous of Mrs. Foxfyre. She may be in its direct path because it goes directly across the Land of Enchantment State that NM is. sigh

hope this isn't too gay

Stare at it in Amazement.
It just might be the last time you ever see one.

:)

Forum List

Back