Remember when right wingers were screaming about $16 "muffins"?

Is it determined ignorance or the inability to see reality?

Willful ignorance is the code word here.

Partisans have no pride.

They'll play the fool to fool the fools.

Partisans have no pride.

Republicans assume if you point out the Republican Party has become filled with dirty people and an ignorant base, you must be partisan.

The truth is the Republican Party has become filled with dirty people and an ignorant base. The worst thing that happened to the Republican Party is when all the liberals left and it was hijacked by conservatives. The father of MLK wore a "Nixon" button. Until Kennedy got his son out of jail for driving with an out of state license or some spurious shit.

It wasn't much of a story until O'Reilly got a hold of it. I'm sure his rants forced them to spend taxpayer money to investigate something that was stupid.

so it's oreilly's fault for commenting on a news item that was factually incorrect due to the DoJ IG's incompetence?

you're more stupid than i would have thought possible.

:clap2:

:lol: This thread was over in 4 posts :lol:

I don't think it lasted that long.

The next thing will be it was no mistake on the DoG IG, just spin by Pubs- this irrelevent BS outrage never ends...

The intelligent man has to finally conclude Pubs are always fos, and their dupes never learn or don't care about truth.

Last edited:
The next thing will be it was no mistake on the DoG IG, just spin by Pubs- this irrelevent BS outrage never ends...

The intelligent man has to finally conclude Pubs are always fos, and their dupes never learn or don't care about truth.

the intelligent man?

Sounds more like an asshole.

No. I dont remember this at all.

Sounds like they were still overpaying despite deany's spin.

Partisans have no pride.

Republicans assume if you point out the Republican Party has become filled with dirty people and an ignorant base, you must be partisan.

The truth is the Republican Party has become filled with dirty people and an ignorant base. The worst thing that happened to the Republican Party is when all the liberals left and it was hijacked by conservatives. The father of MLK wore a "Nixon" button. Until Kennedy got his son out of jail for driving with an out of state license or some spurious shit.

and the worst thing that happened to the Democratic Party is when people with your mindset hijacked it....aint that great Dean....two fucked up parties that have fucked up this Country.....

hey Frankie?.....your cousin Shaman kicked your ass and stole your crayons i hear.....dont let him get away with it....go get them back....i hear he has a new Magenta....be a man.....dont let the Chopper scare ya.....he aint no Biker.....

hey Frankie?.....your cousin Shaman kicked your ass and stole your crayons i hear.....dont let him get away with it....go get them back....i hear he has a new Magenta....be a man.....dont let the Chopper scare ya.....he aint no Biker.....

ROTFLMBO!! :lol:

1. The 16 dollars muffin was used as a metaphor for O'Reilly's rant about wasteful government spending. And anyone who disagrees that the feds waste money probably doesn't understand metaphors either.

2. The "revised report" breaks down the actual expenses. How many man hours did it take to "revise" a simple expense report. We may be up to 32 dollar muffins now. Lol

1. The 16 dollars muffin was used as a metaphor for O'Reilly's rant about wasteful government spending. And anyone who disagrees that the feds waste money probably doesn't understand metaphors either.

2. The "revised report" breaks down the actual expenses. How many man hours did it take to "revise" a simple expense report. We may be up to 32 dollar muffins now. Lol

Good point on revising the report :clap2:

$4,200 cost for 250 muffins at a conference reception. The hotel chain said the muffin and pastry costs included fresh fruits and beverages, and that space for the conference was provided free of charge.

Nothing is free. $4,200 for a "conference" and food isn't bad. People have to clean up the facilities, they have to be maintained. They have to be cleaned up afterwards. Then there's electricity and heating or air conditioning. $4,200 is not a bad price for all that.

I don't think you guys know how things work. I really don't. Is it determined ignorance or the inability to see reality?

probably both

I'll go mostly with determined ignorance sprinkled with a few who have the inablilty to think outside the "Boss Limbuagh" tank.

$4,200 cost for 250 muffins at a conference reception. The hotel chain said the muffin and pastry costs included fresh fruits and beverages, and that space for the conference was provided free of charge.

Nothing is free. $4,200 for a "conference" and food isn't bad. People have to clean up the facilities, they have to be maintained. They have to be cleaned up afterwards. Then there's electricity and heating or air conditioning. $4,200 is not a bad price for all that.

I don't think you guys know how things work. I really don't. Is it determined ignorance or the inability to see reality?

probably both

I'll go mostly with determined ignorance sprinkled with a few who have the inablilty to think outside the "Boss Limbuagh" tank.

Or maybe people thought they should have paid for these things on their own instead of using taxpayer money....after all we pay them 6 figure compensations with our tax money already ;)

How was this "OVERPAYING"? Considering each person would get a muffin, there were probably 250 people there.

How was this "OVERPAYING"? Considering each person would get a muffin, there were probably 250 people there.

Why should the taxpayer foot the bill? Why don't the people going pay for it since their salaries are already paid with tax dollars?

A couple of posts from the USMB:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/186136-16-muffins-and-8-cups-of-coffee-wtf.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/186559-16-muffins-8-coffee-served-in-justice-audit.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/188225-shumer-tax-the-millionaires-2.html#post4234673

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/185916-how-much-is-a-fair-share-11.html#post4192592

---------------------------------------

Justice inspector general: Conference muffins weren't $16 - CNN

The Hilton chain and conference organizers vigorously challenged the initial cost assertion, which cited the $4,200 cost for 250 muffins at a conference reception. The hotel chain said the muffin and pastry costs included fresh fruits and beverages, and that space for the conference was provided free of charge.

That muffin didn't cost taxpayers $16 after all: USA Today

On Friday, the IG's office reversed itself, saying that it had received additional information concerning food and beverage costs and that the department did not pay $16 per muffin at the conference by the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
The additional information showed that the muffins were actually part of a modified continental breakfast priced at $16.80 and consisting of items such as pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and juice.

DOJ Watchdog: $16 Muffin Report Overcooked | Executive Gov

The original report said that the department spent $4,200 for 250 muffins, but the revised report indicates that the muffin figure included more than just a muffin. The revised report says the figure covered the cost of a continental breakfast at the conference, but does not break down the cost per item.

------------------------------------------------

When this story came out, I was thinking this was a smaller scale "Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day". Turns out I was right.

O'Reilly Goes On Jon Stewart and Rants About Muffins - September 28, 2011 - YouTube

This only proves, if the story is too damn stupid to be true, then it's most definitely a "Republican Talking Point". America keeps voting them into office. We must be eating the muffins.

The report came from the Inspector General, and was based on the expense reports that were filed. Months later someone finally figured out that it was a continental breakfast, not just a muffin. That means they threw in a cup of coffee with that $16 muffin.

A couple of posts from the USMB:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/186136-16-muffins-and-8-cups-of-coffee-wtf.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/186559-16-muffins-8-coffee-served-in-justice-audit.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/188225-shumer-tax-the-millionaires-2.html#post4234673

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/185916-how-much-is-a-fair-share-11.html#post4192592

---------------------------------------

Justice inspector general: Conference muffins weren't $16 - CNN

The Hilton chain and conference organizers vigorously challenged the initial cost assertion, which cited the $4,200 cost for 250 muffins at a conference reception. The hotel chain said the muffin and pastry costs included fresh fruits and beverages, and that space for the conference was provided free of charge.

That muffin didn't cost taxpayers $16 after all: USA Today

On Friday, the IG's office reversed itself, saying that it had received additional information concerning food and beverage costs and that the department did not pay $16 per muffin at the conference by the Executive Office for Immigration Review.
The additional information showed that the muffins were actually part of a modified continental breakfast priced at $16.80 and consisting of items such as pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and juice.

DOJ Watchdog: $16 Muffin Report Overcooked | Executive Gov

The original report said that the department spent $4,200 for 250 muffins, but the revised report indicates that the muffin figure included more than just a muffin. The revised report says the figure covered the cost of a continental breakfast at the conference, but does not break down the cost per item.

------------------------------------------------

When this story came out, I was thinking this was a smaller scale "Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day". Turns out I was right.

O'Reilly Goes On Jon Stewart and Rants About Muffins - September 28, 2011 - YouTube

This only proves, if the story is too damn stupid to be true, then it's most definitely a "Republican Talking Point". America keeps voting them into office. We must be eating the muffins.

The report came from the Inspector General, and was based on the expense reports that were filed. Months later someone finally figured out that it was a continental breakfast, not just a muffin. That means they threw in a cup of coffee with that $16 muffin.

What really pushed it was the hotel that felt they had been slandered. Costs money to give 250 people a place to meet.

Forum List

Back