Remember Future Shock?

Pretty Close Actually. Back in the 70's seemed like this was made to frighten. People thought it was over the top.

Pretty Close Actually. Back in the 70's seemed like this was made to frighten. People thought it was over the top.

Actually they missed on almost every prediction, but it was fun when it came out. Even more fun to see how far off they were.

Mr. Toffler wrote that, "...the accelerated rate of technological and social leaves people disconnected and suffering from shattering stress and disorientation—future shocked."

In 1970 when this ...

main-qimg-ccd5a3ac6c6fa18f48564a28d12d3198-c

... was considered intimidating and new.

In fact, people have not only embraced rapid technological change, we can no longer live without it.

Mr. Toffler wrote that, "...the accelerated rate of technological and social leaves people disconnected and suffering from shattering stress and disorientation—future shocked."

In 1970 when this ...

In fact, people have not only embraced rapid technological change, we can no longer live without it.
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say many people, especially those under 30 are psychologically addicted to technology.

In 1970 when this ...

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say many people, especially those under 30 are psychologically addicted to technology.

I made a good living out of being addicted to technology for 35 years. Now I'm in a job where we still do most of our paperwork by hand or on antiquated systems .... I'm kind of enjoying it.

Remember the "Naked ape? The seventies had so much promise, they brought us Scientology and all those pseudo analytical offshoots that went nowhere.

Nothing can prepare you for early 1970s documentary music.

The movie speaks to today very well. Everything is vastly sped up. Every event is live streamed at the moment it happens around the world. Technology now allows suicides and murders to be broadcast to the masses as they happen in high def. Every person carries an entire television and radio studio in their pocket.

Forum List

Back