Regressives Bluff Called, Abolish Ice Bill Will Be Voted ON

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
In the be careful what you wish for column, republican leadership plans to bring the Abolish Ice bill to a vote in the house. This will force regressives to go on the record and trash their hyperbole. ROFLMAO

Democrats who drafted a bill to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement [ICE] suddenly announced Thursday night that they would vote against it if the legislation went to the floor, after House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Fox News he intended to call their bluff.

Dems who drafted bill to abolish ICE now say they'll vote against it

In 2013, a Democratic-controlled Senate passed an immigration bill that significantly beefed up border security, and today, some Senate Democrats are open to funding Trump's wall along the U.S.-Mexico border as part of a broader immigration deal.

But Democrats aren't helping make the distinction between outlandish political rhetoric and their actual positions when their left wing calls for abolishing the federal agency best known for deporting illegal immigrants. That's what new liberal darling Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did in her remarkable upset of 10-term Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.) this week. A few days later, one of Democrats' most prominent and influential voices, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), joined in.

In an interview Thursday evening on CNN, the potential 2020 presidential contender said she agrees with escalating calls on the left for getting rid of ICE. “I agree with it. I don’t think ICE today is working as intended,” Gillibrand told CNN's Chris Cuomo.

She went on: “I believe that it has become a deportation force, and I think you should separate the criminal justice from the immigration issues, and I think you should reimagine ICE under a new agency with a very different mission and take those two missions out.”

Notice Gillibrand didn't say that the United States should stop deporting illegal immigrants altogether. She just said this particular agency should stop doing it because it has become too controversial.

That's not far from what 19 ICE agents argued recently in a letter to Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen that the Texas Observer uncovered. They claim that the drama over deportations is hindering all the other work ICE does, and they asked to have their agency spun off from the main one.

Calls to abolish ICE

In the be careful what you wish for column, republican leadership plans to bring the Abolish Ice bill to a vote in the house. This will force regressives to go on the record and trash their hyperbole. ROFLMAO

Democrats who drafted a bill to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement [ICE] suddenly announced Thursday night that they would vote against it if the legislation went to the floor, after House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Fox News he intended to call their bluff.

We'll abolish Ice...if we abolish the fbi, the bureau of land management...the epa...the usfs...and all the other corrupt unconstitutional agencies. And let's also throw in the dept of education...

I knew this was where we're going.

Trump, and the people behind him, don't give two shits about ICE. We're just using them against the leftist morons who think big government is cool. We'll shove big government down your stupid throats until you beg us to close it down.

Last edited:

We'll abolish Ice...if we abolish the fbi, the bureau of land management...the epa...the usfs...and all the other corrupt unconstitutional agencies.

Trump, and the people behind him, don't give two shits about ICE. We're just using them against the leftist morons who think big government is cool. We'll shove big government down your stupid throats until you beg us to close it down.

I don't see the bill going anywhere, but this vote will throw one hell of a wrench in the regressive hay bailer.

We'll abolish Ice...if we abolish the fbi, the bureau of land management...the epa...the usfs...and all the other corrupt unconstitutional agencies.

I don't see the bill going anywhere, but this vote will throw one hell of a wrench in the regressive hay bailer.

Oh, we have another 6 years. Maybe more.

In 2013, a Democratic-controlled Senate passed an immigration bill that significantly beefed up border security, and today, some Senate Democrats are open to funding Trump's wall along the U.S.-Mexico border as part of a broader immigration deal.

But Democrats aren't helping make the distinction between outlandish political rhetoric and their actual positions when their left wing calls for abolishing the federal agency best known for deporting illegal immigrants. That's what new liberal darling Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did in her remarkable upset of 10-term Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.) this week. A few days later, one of Democrats' most prominent and influential voices, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), joined in.

In an interview Thursday evening on CNN, the potential 2020 presidential contender said she agrees with escalating calls on the left for getting rid of ICE. “I agree with it. I don’t think ICE today is working as intended,” Gillibrand told CNN's Chris Cuomo.

She went on: “I believe that it has become a deportation force, and I think you should separate the criminal justice from the immigration issues, and I think you should reimagine ICE under a new agency with a very different mission and take those two missions out.”

Notice Gillibrand didn't say that the United States should stop deporting illegal immigrants altogether. She just said this particular agency should stop doing it because it has become too controversial.

That's not far from what 19 ICE agents argued recently in a letter to Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen that the Texas Observer uncovered. They claim that the drama over deportations is hindering all the other work ICE does, and they asked to have their agency spun off from the main one.

Calls to abolish ICE

ICE is supposed to be a deportation force, once an illegal alien reaches the interior of the country, it is their job to find them and deport them.

ICE will be going nowhere, if anything they will be expanded to be more efficient.

ICE will be going nowhere, if anything they will be expanded to be more efficient.

You haven't figured out Trump yet.
Ice is expendable. He's just using them to trick the dems into agreeing to shut down all the agencies.

It will work, too.

You haven't figured out Trump yet.
Ice is expendable. He's just using them to trick the dems into agreeing to shut down all the agencies.

It will work, too.

Assuming facts not in evidence, sorry I don't see it.

Conservatives should applaud and support abolishing ICE. They are a redundant agency that exemplifies a bloated government.

BS, ICE has a critical law enforcement and national security mission. Just because you dislike a portion of their mission doesn't make them redundant. No one else is charged with interior immigration enforcement.

Don’t know if it’s possib but make the law read a yes vote abolished ICE and. No vote fully funds the wall and new ICE agents.

Conservatives should applaud and support abolishing ICE. They are a redundant agency that exemplifies a bloated government.

BS, ICE has a critical law enforcement and national security mission. Just because you dislike a portion of their mission doesn't make them redundant. No one else is charged with interior immigration enforcement.

Why do we need feds doing it?
Let the feds notify the local law and they deal with it.

And yet prior to GW Bush it wasn’t necessary...

Forum List

Back