Red-hot inflation gave most Americans a pay cut in January

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
Wages for Americans are actually declining when accounting factoring in raging inflation

The tightest labor market in years is fueling rapid wage gains for most workers – the only problem is that red-hot inflation is quickly eroding those increases.

The Labor Department reported on Friday that average hourly earnings for all employees actually declined 1.7% in January from the same month a year ago when factoring in the impact of rising consumer prices. On a monthly basis, average hourly earnings increased by just 0.1% in January, when factoring in the 0.6% inflation spike.

MOST SMALL BUSINESSES SINCE 1974 ARE HIKING PRICES TO OFFSET INFLATION

By that measure, the typical U.S. worker is actually worse off today than they were a year ago, even though nominal wages are rising at the fastest pace in years. That's because inflation is also surging: The government reported Thursday morning that the consumer price index (CPI) rose 7.5% in January from a year ago, marking the fastest increase since February 1982, when inflation hit 7.6%.

The CPI – which measures a bevy of goods ranging from gasoline and health care to groceries and rents – jumped 0.6% in the one-month period from December.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ans-wage-gains

the whole nation is seeing the blue state business model does not work

I think it is also responsible for the great resignation. My department lost over 1/3 of our staff because the company that I work for doesn't give raises too often. Best way to increase your pay by 20-30% is to give you two weeks after finding other companies that woke up to the issues and started paying their employees more.
I'm still thinking about it - tons of people and companies have been temping me.

I believe that the democrats will be pulling out all the stops in trying to move forward with as much
of their agenda as possible mainly due to the out of control "transitory" inflation. As the inflation rises
their attack on Trump increases, As the "transitory" inflation rose, they pushed out a sitting liberal
Supreme Court Justice to replace him with a secular political replacement before the upcoming election.
The writing is on the wall, and we should be ready to duck at what's coming our way.

Last edited:
Wages for Americans are actually declining when accounting factoring in raging inflation

The tightest labor market in years is fueling rapid wage gains for most workers – the only problem is that red-hot inflation is quickly eroding those increases.

The Labor Department reported on Friday that average hourly earnings for all employees actually declined 1.7% in January from the same month a year ago when factoring in the impact of rising consumer prices. On a monthly basis, average hourly earnings increased by just 0.1% in January, when factoring in the 0.6% inflation spike.

MOST SMALL BUSINESSES SINCE 1974 ARE HIKING PRICES TO OFFSET INFLATION

By that measure, the typical U.S. worker is actually worse off today than they were a year ago, even though nominal wages are rising at the fastest pace in years. That's because inflation is also surging: The government reported Thursday morning that the consumer price index (CPI) rose 7.5% in January from a year ago, marking the fastest increase since February 1982, when inflation hit 7.6%.

The CPI – which measures a bevy of goods ranging from gasoline and health care to groceries and rents – jumped 0.6% in the one-month period from December.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ans-wage-gains

the whole nation is seeing the blue state business model does not work
I remember under Carter that when i got a 10 cent raise on minimum wage, then gasoline went up 30 cents, i thought "What the fuck", and sent a letter to the peanut farmer that he sucked balls royally. I never did get a reply but was glad to see him leave when President Reagan came in.

I believe that the democrats will be pulling out all the stops in trying to move forward with as much
of their agenda as possible mainly due to the out of control "transitory" inflation. As the inflation rises
their attack on Trump increases, As the "transitory" inflation rose, they pushed out a sitting liberal
Supreme Court Justice to replace it with a secular political replacement before the upcoming election.
The writing is on the wall, and we should be ready to duck at what's coming our way.
Yeah, I figure they will double down on stupid too.

Here in the mountains of north central Penn's Woods chicken breast was impossible to find for several weeks in a row. Before that, it was ground beef. Well, now there's plenty of both and their cost per pound is staggering. Last night I went out to find stew meat for chili. A .75-pound pack was nearly seventeen fucking dollars. We dropped $200 stocking up on chicken and ground beef, thinking we'll be ahead when prices drop or supply increases, whatever. Good thing we've got about 80 pounds of venison chilling in the freezer. FJB!

I haven't lost a cent.

Thank you for your daily Fox News thread. You can go back to bed now.

Gads, you're a moron.

But what does an inflation rate of 7.5% mean for working families? Ryan Sweet, a senior economist at Moody's Analytics, crunched the numbers and determined that current price levels are costing the typical family about $250 a month in extra spending. “A lot of people are hurting because of high inflation.20 hours ago

Soaring consumer prices are costing you an extra $250 a month | WFLA

https://www.wfla.com › news › national › soaring-consum...

Crude oil tests $95 per barrel; Saudi Arabia increases oil prices

https://www.business-standard.com › ... › News › Markets

— Saudi Arabia raised oil prices for customers in Asia, the US and Europe after crude's surge to almost $95 a barrel.

Under Trump, oil was $42 a barrel.

All this moaning on inflation yet nobody said a word when the government gave bailout money in the past couple of years.

All this moaning on inflation yet nobody said a word when the government gave bailout money in the past couple of years.
I did.
I worked out the math way back in April of 2020 and saw nothing but disaster due to monetization issues of cranking up the money machine. But it didn't stop with the covid checks. Money was being thrown around without a care and accountability ever since.

Yup highly college educated liberals will never figure out economics or math

I believe they know exactly what they are doing.

Their aim is to destroy the country:

March 16, 2021
President Cloward, Vice President Piven
By Brian C. Joondeph

Cloward-Piven is a political strategy of calculated chaos first described in 1966, by two Columbia University sociologists, Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. Their theory was published appropriately in the far left The Nation, the oldest continuously published news magazine in the country. Cloward-Piven’s goal was the creation of chaos so that: “A political crisis would result that could lead to legislation for a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty.”

Cloward-Piven is a political strategy of calculated chaos first described in 1966, by two Columbia University sociologists, Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. Their theory was published appropriately in the far left The Nation, the...
www.americanthinker.com
www.americanthinker.com

I believe they know exactly what they are doing.

Their aim is to destroy the country:

March 16, 2021
By Brian C. Joondeph

Cloward-Piven is a political strategy of calculated chaos first described in 1966, by two Columbia University sociologists, Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. Their theory was published appropriately in the far left The Nation, the oldest continuously published news magazine in the country. Cloward-Piven’s goal was the creation of chaos so that: “A political crisis would result that could lead to legislation for a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty.”

Cloward-Piven is a political strategy of calculated chaos first described in 1966, by two Columbia University sociologists, Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. Their theory was published appropriately in the far left The Nation, the...
www.americanthinker.com
www.americanthinker.com
Progressive slaves and their elite are clueless what will happen if the economy tanks, the dollar goes to shit, because the police and military will no longer have a reason to work. They wont get paid, so they will go home and protect what is theirs leaving those who created the shit, and their voters to defend themselves from the angry mob.

Liberal Hunting.png

Supreme Court Justice to replace him with a secular political replacement before the upcoming election.
And would you like to share how inflation had anything to do with Biden?
It was the COVID recovery (as seen in 7 million new jobs) but (still ongoing) supply chain shortages in feeding it.
Also it was the FED who's been printing money since COVID first hit to prevent a big downturn/broke populace which, alas, also turned cash into trash.
`

And would you like to share how inflation had anything to do with Biden?
It was the COVID recovery (as seen in 7 million new jobs) but (still ongoing) supply chain shortages in feeding it.
Also it was the FED who's been printing money since COVID first hit to prevent a big downturn/broke populace which, alas, also turned cash into trash.
`
Abubu Joe Biden stopped drilling in the US thus driving up the cost of fuel. When fuel goes up, costs go up to make stuff, then to ship stuff, thus causing higher prices. Also Biden gave out 1.9 trillion dollars that wasnt needed, thus driving down the worth of the dollar, thus causing higher prices. Now if you had 1/2 a brain, you could see this, but since you are a progressive slave, with no brain at all, it is easy for Biden to screw you and you love it.

1644884122780.png

Abubu Joe Biden stopped drilling in the US thus driving up the cost of fuel.When fuel goes up, costs go up to make stuff, then to ship stuff, thus causing higher prices. Also Biden gave out 1.9 trillion dollars that wasnt needed, thus driving down the worth of the dollar, thus causing higher prices. Now if you had 1/2 a brain, you could see this, but since you are a progressive slave, with no brain at all, it is easy for Biden to screw you and you love it.
LOL junior
I am a financial professional with a big stake in oil cos. You're a MAGA hack.

Permian oil output sets record for the third consecutive month​

Sheela Tobben, Bloomberg
Feb. 14, 2022
Production from America’s Permian Basin reached a record high for the third month in a row in January as a red-hot price rally keeps shale drillers busy.

Crude supply from the basin, which includes Texas and New Mexico, averaged 5.06 million barrels a day in January, surpassing the 5 million mark for the first time in data going back to 2007, according to the Energy Information Administration. The agency expects volumes to grow through March.

Permian output continues to exceed every OPEC member, except Saudi Arabia......

`

Forum List

Back