Record number of Republicans quitting

There is a great player named Steven Stamkos who plays for Tampa Bay Lightning. He's a top centreman in the NHL. Two years ago I believe, he became a free agent. Since he is from Toronto and is such a big name everyone figure, he would come to the Hometown team. Leafs pursued him aggressively, offered him more money than the TB Lightning, they even secured some big endorsement deals for him if he signed.

In the end, Steve Yzerman, the GM and former Red Wing signed him back in Tampa Bay and didn't budge once on his original contract offer. Many Leafs fans couldn't believe it. The rumor was he has a great amount of freedom in Florida. He loves the weather and is given special treatment to enjoy the golf there and ownership doesn't interfere. As of this year (they have a strong team again), he has not won a Stanley Cup.

I wanted him here, as he would be a great role model for Austin Matthews (maybe not, in some respects), our young superstar centre. However, I was glad he didn't join the Leafs. My reasoning was simple: "if the guy doesn't have the balls or commitment to deal with the fishbowl that is hockey in Toronto, it's better he not sign here"

Winners have to push through and be dedicated to winning. They have to want the ball when the game is on the line, they have to want to care about winning for them and their team (country). If not, best you don't re-sign...

What is the provincial income tax in Toronto? Florida has no state income tax, the bottom line might have been his decision.

Yes, I was going to mention that but it wouldn't strengthen my case :)

I still stand by what I said, as the taxes make a BIG difference, but the Leafs offered slightly more, plus, endorsements for him would have put him in at least equal footing. More importantly, he would have a chance to win a Cup for his city.

Think of a Yankees fan, or a Lakers fan. For a kid growing up, that's a heavy draw. Yes, it's warm and fuzzy, but it should be a major motivator, one of those "dream come true" moments.

In the end, he made the right decision for him. I'm just glad he didn't come to Toronto If you don't want the heat then don't come. Many great Yankees excelled because they know the media and fans will be on the, but they are winners, so they relish it.

Everyone is different, maybe he thought he has a better chance winning in Tampa Bay over Toronto. Many kids grow up and don't want to play for their hometown, Tampa has the 2nd best record in hockey, he seems to be doing fine, second in team points first in assists. It's all good to me, I'd rather live in Florida and make less than freeze in Toronto.

Many reasonable Republicans are getting fed up with the cesspit that the party has become. The bad news is that as respectable Republicans flee, the trash will be left to take over undeterred. If ever there was the potential for a viable third party to emerge soon, it's now.

then they should be standing up.... not running away like the cowardly little twits they are.
The current crop of Republicans are the most spineless creatures to ever slither about the ground.

We get the politicians we deserve.

None of this shit is the fault of the politicians. They are only doing our bidding.

THEY get the politics they deserve. I didn't vote for them. I stopped voting for repubs after they decided that the courts were their playground.

Record numbers of GOP lawmakers are not seeking reelection, instead telling everyone they "want to spend more time with their families" So, what brought about this sudden urge for flipping pancakes and driving their kids to soccer practice? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that that they can no longer redraw legislative districts to guarantee themselves a win, or the fact that their President has made them the party of womanizing bigots, who'll get in bed with anyone (even mother Russia) to win an election, would it? Oh well, enjoy those pancakes boys!
grin.gif

P.S. Trump Supporters: The link below is from FOX NEWS, so it's OK to look at it!

Republicans who won't be coming back to Congress after 2018 midterm elections
Time to Get Packing, Pachyderms!

A RINO stampede is a good thing for Populists.

They are all RINOs, dontcha know.

Only the big spending whoremongering game show host is a true Republican.

What did Einstein say about the definition of insanity?
Einsteins other definition of insanity was picking a reality TV star to run the country .

The Republican Party isn't 'Dead.' You make that claim every couple years, and you're proven wrong every single time. When will you dummies ever learn? We have a corrupt Two-Party System. Even when a Party loses, it still wins. It's a Win-Win scenario in a Two-Party System. So y'all can go ahead and quit believing in that 'Republican Party is Dead' fairy tale. It ain't gonna happen.

Forum List

Back