Record cold to hit eastern/southern US

I don't give a shit about records.

Right now, it is 105 again. No breeze whatsoever. And like I said..this sucks.

On AgriTalk, meteorologist Michael Clark of BAMWX.com told host Mike Adams parts of the northern and western Corn Belt could see a “strong cold front that could get sharply colder next week.”

Between September 6 and 10, northern Illinois, northern Iowa, northern Nebraska, the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin could possibly see frost.

“There’s a lot of evidence of that,” Clark told host Mike Adams. “We’ve been talking about that since [Aug. 2] in our data analysis.”

Clark said part of the reason for the cold front is because of Hurricane Harvey. He said normally a cold front follows a hurricane, and three things are lining up for areas to see a frost in early September. ‘Exceedingly early frost’ possible for U.S. Corn Belt next week

"that's over a 365 day total....which means you're going to have more highs than lows if you have last Summer and this Summer and only one Winter counted."

Not so.... summer days also have record lows, and winter days have record highs...

I don't give a shit about records.

Right now, it is 105 again. No breeze whatsoever. And like I said..this sucks.

Hey heres the suck........this weekend on Long Island. Freezing fucking cold.......no beach......not a chance. Stoopid.........very discouraging summer if you are a beach person, not to mention most days in August waking up and drinking your coffee wearing a hoodie. WTF?!!! This mini-ice age is gonna suck............:gay::gay:

"that's over a 365 day total....which means you're going to have more highs than lows if you have last Summer and this Summer and only one Winter counted."

Not so.... summer days also have record lows, and winter days have record highs...
Possibly but when you're only counting 1 Winter and counting 2 Summers the highs will naturally outnumber the lows.

Possibly but when you're only counting 1 Winter and counting 2 Summers the highs will naturally outnumber the lows.

Not true at all. There is no principle that says winters have more record lows in any given location than summers on average, or vice versa with record highs.

Not true at all. There is no principle that says winters have more record lows in any given location than summers on average, or vice versa with record highs.
I'm sure you'd like to believe that. But cherry picking statistics like this is not an accurate measure of overall temperatures around the planet. Especially if the sampling is weighted to gain a desired result like this one is.

I'm sure you'd like to believe that. But cherry picking statistics like this is not an accurate measure of overall temperatures around the planet. Especially if the sampling is weighted to gain a desired result like this one is.

First of all, I believe it because there is no reason to believe otherwise. You have not presented any rationale or evidence that shows there are more record high temp days in Summer than in Winter, on average.

Second, I have to ask you if you actually, truly believe you have just thought of something that has not occurred to climate scientists. Do you really believe that?

First of all, I believe it because there is no reason to believe otherwise. You have not presented any rationale or evidence that shows there are more record high temp days in Summer than in Winter, on average.

Second, I have to ask you if you actually, truly believe you have just thought of something that has not occurred to climate scientists. Do you really believe that?
If it was the other way we'd be in an Ice age

If it was the other way we'd be in an Ice age

That doesn't make any sense...

Our fourth heat wave of the summer here in Oregon. And a 31,000 acre fire in one of the most scenic areas in the US, 0% containment. Troutdale, a suburb of Portland under level one evacuation. I-84 closed from Troutdale to Hood River.

Our fourth heat wave of the summer here in Oregon. And a 31,000 acre fire in one of the most scenic areas in the US, 0% containment. Troutdale, a suburb of Portland under level one evacuation. I-84 closed from Troutdale to Hood River.

Strange.....it's been unseasonably cool here almost all Summer.

Go figure.

Maybe it's all of the hot air you libs keep spewing.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_August_2017_v6.jpg

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/UAH_LT_1979_thru_August_2017_v6.jpg

I'm sure similar weather patterns have happened before.
Why, I am sure that they have. No matter which of the previous posts you are addressing. LOL
LOL to think this is the very first time there has been warmer than average weather in the west and cooler than average in the east is naive to the point of mental retardation
Now what did I say? I agreed that such weather patterns have occurred before, whether you were addressing the fact that it is warm on the West Coast, and cool where some of the other posters are. But then, you 'Conservatives' are not the sharpest tacks in the box.

Forum List

Back