Recession or Depression? Its officially a Recession

Now with contraction ongoing into the third quarter we are officially in a recession. Major retailers are now cutting jobs during a time when they are usually gearing up for the holidays. Walmart, Target, and many others are not hiring for the holidays. Just in time for the midterm elections the jobless rate is going to skyrocket. Many retailers are allowing attrition to happen as they see profits shrink.

U.S. Job Growth Unexpectedly Soared in July​

hannity-sad.jpg

This REALLY upsets the Trumptards who want America to fail.
What benefits do lefties get from denying that we are in a recession? What would happen if you guys just admit the truth?

It's so sad to see the cucks so desperately wanting America to fail and fall into a recession.

Some tard told them a recession is defined by two quarters of reduced GDP and they parrot it endlessly, thus exposing their massive ignorance.

It is the NBER which determines if we are in a recession, and they often do not report we have been in one until long after it has passed. The reasons for this are too complicated for your pointy heads to comprehend.

Using just GDP growth to determine if we are in a recession is like using just your body temperature to determine if you have cancer.

So now I will provide you with the OFFICIAL definition of a recession:

In general usage, the word recession connotes a marked slippage in economic activity. While gross domestic product (GDP) is the broadest measure of economic activity, the often-cited identification of a recession with two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth is not an official designation. The designation of a recession is the province of a committee of experts at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), a private non-profit research organization that focuses on understanding the U.S. economy. The NBER recession is a monthly concept that takes account of a number of monthly indicators—such as employment, personal income, and industrial production—as well as quarterly GDP growth. Therefore, while negative GDP growth and recessions closely track each other, the consideration by the NBER of the monthly indicators, especially employment, means that the identification of a recession with two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth does not always hold.

So let's look at some of those indicators, shall we?

Unemployment is 3.5 percent. When it was 3.5 percent during Trump's term, the tards couldn't crow loud enough about it.

You can find industrial production here: Industrial Production: Total Index

As you can see, it is currently at 104.8075. If you don't know what that means, I will be happy to explain it to you in small words.

Personal income? Go here: Personal Income | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

Personal income increased $133.5 billion, or 0.6 percent at a monthly rate, while consumer spending increased $181.1 billion, or 1.1 percent, in June. The increase in personal income primarily reflected increases in compensation and proprietors’ income.

Hope this helps. I apologize for all the great news.

For many who will be unable to find jobs, this year will become the year a depression has started.

There are more open jobs in our country than at any time in our history.

There are more than 10 million open positions and only about 5.6 million unemployed people.

You all want so much pain and suffering just to win a few extra votes but it will not come to pass.

Sucks to be you

Now with contraction ongoing into the third quarter we are officially in a recession. Major retailers are now cutting jobs during a time when they are usually gearing up for the holidays. Walmart, Target, and many others are not hiring for the holidays. Just in time for the midterm elections the jobless rate is going to skyrocket. Many retailers are allowing attrition to happen as they see profits shrink.

Good news, the contraction was not as much as originally thought.

I find myself wondering how many traditional holidays we Americans have left; holidays where everyone can afford feasting food, travel, wine, gifts and get places without green fascist check points. This forced reduction in basic quality of life is happening the world over. I wonder how many good years we've got left.

I am in my mid-50s so I figure I have about 34 to 40 years of them left.

Looks like retail jobs are at a record high. Recovered and passed Prepandemic numbers… what am I missing?

That they are hiring, just not for the holidays. LOL

Something made me chuckle at the idea that stores aren't hiring for the holidays in August.

/----/
1662553699344.png

Forum List

Back