Reason good economists are concerned or should be

It's hard to see the nation crumbling because a few people quit their jobs. UE extra payments are long gone. So these people are some how making it so if they can do it without having to work and not collecting UE in a sense they're winning. The nation isn't suffering because a few jobs are open.

So you would not hire the worker that constantly is looking for a better higher paying job? Any worker worth a grain of salt is always ready to move on to a better job. The loyalty you desire has no part in our economy anymore. What kind of person isn't constantly looking for higher pay?
That sort of thinking presumes at least a year or two minimum commitment and the possibility of upward mobility. Hopping multiple jobs in a few years is something else entirely that has never been seen positively.

So we need to make workers commit to keeping lower pay when and stay on a lower paying job when higher pay is available to them. That's not right. That's penalizing them for no reason.

So we need to make workers commit to keeping lower pay when and stay on a lower paying job when higher pay is available to them

This is total, 100%, absolute BULLSHIT. In this country nobody makes workers commit to anything. Absent a legal contract that is, which no one is ever forced to sign. The vast majority of employees can quit any time they want to, for a better paying job or for whatever other reason.

Here's the deal: when you accept a job offer, your chances of advancement and pay raises are generally contingent on your value to the business. It's not a commitment to the company, it's not like he/she has to stay there 2 years or do whatever they say even if it's contrary to his/her values. IOW, it's voluntary.

Last edited:
Employers aren't entitled to workers just let me employees aren't entitled to jobs.

And employees are not entitled to a job either. Nor are they entitled to be paid a living wage, or however much they want. They can learn a job and get more experience and then go elsewhere if a better paying job is available and the employer has no control over that unless the employee signed a legal contract.

Apparently the right wing's class war isn't going well. It seems all the heart felt orders commanding all these low life proles to work for nothing and put in 16 hour days 7 days a week for free so dividends for market gamblers and billionaires can rise a lot faster are falling on deaf ears.

Nobody orders/commands anybody to work for nothing and put in 16 hours/day, 7 days a week. You sir are full of shit. Every employee in America can walk off the job any freakin' time they want to, and in fact many have already done so. But I'll tell you what, NONE of them were working for free and certainly not 16 hours/day, 7 days/week.

Nobody orders/commands anybody to work for nothing and put in 16 hours/day, 7 days a week. You sir are full of shit. Every employee in America can walk off the job any freakin' time they want to, and in fact many have already done so. But I'll tell you what, NONE of them were working for free and certainly not 16 hours/day, 7 days/week.

Rubbish. The vast majority of people have to wok somewhere, and few have a lot of choices, and your fellow right wingers here are constant;y whining about how the poor should work for free to get training n stuff' and lot of other rubbish about why minimum wage shouldn't be adjusted for real inflation. Of course the real reason for that is it would make a lot of ass kissers look bad since they're barely making that themselves. And working for far less than a properly adjusted minimum wage is indeed working for free.

You are the one full of shit. But keep up the bullshit, and watch while your right wing nutjob pols can barely squeak by left wing nutjobs by the low single digits, if they beat them at all, just because you like shitting on people in crappy service industry jobs and wanking off over their plights.

Rubbish. The vast majority of people have to wok somewhere, and few have a lot of choices, and your fellow right wingers here are constant;y whining about how the poor should work for free to get training n stuff' and lot of other rubbish about why minimum wage shouldn't be adjusted for real inflation. Of course the real reason for that is it would make a lot of ass kissers look bad since they're barely making that themselves. And working for far less than a properly adjusted minimum wage is indeed working for free.

You are the one full of shit. But keep up the bullshit, and watch while your right wing nutjob pols can barely squeak by left wing nutjobs by the low single digits, if they beat them at all, just because you like shitting on people in crappy service industry jobs and wanking off over their plights.

I gotta say Dudley, that you are one for the books. I can't really tell if you are a total ideologue who is really serious and you actually believe this nonsense, or you are a troll who knows better but loves to spread bullshit to rile up the Righties, or maybe just a fucking idiot. I'm currently going with some combination of all 3.

But whatever, you do realize that anybody can start up his/her own business, right? You don't have to be one of the slaves, you can be a slaveowner. But no, it's easier isn't it to work for somebody else who had the balls and the drive to start a business and keep it going like it was so easy, right? Do you realize that it is the democrats who are making it harder and more expensive for someone to startup a new business? More taxes and more regulation does make it more difficult to get that gravy train rolling. And of course there's the risk of failure, that all your time, money, and hard work to make the business run doesn't pan out and the business doesn't make it. Still gotta pay the employees though until you close your doors. They don't risk anything, do they?

But none of that matters to you, right? Time to hit the Ignore button.

I gotta say Dudley, that you are one for the books. I can't really tell if you are a total ideologue who is really serious and you actually believe this nonsense, or you are a troll who knows better but loves to spread bullshit to rile up the Righties, or maybe just a fucking idiot. I'm currently going with some combination of all 3.

But whatever, you do realize that anybody can start up his/her own business, right? You don't have to be one of the slaves, you can be a slaveowner. But no, it's easier isn't it to work for somebody else who had the balls and the drive to start a business and keep it going like it was so easy, right? Do you realize that it is the democrats who are making it harder and more expensive for someone to startup a new business? More taxes and more regulation does make it more difficult to get that gravy train rolling. And of course there's the risk of failure, that all your time, money, and hard work to make the business run doesn't pan out and the business doesn't make it. Still gotta pay the employees though until you close your doors. They don't risk anything, do they?

But none of that matters to you, right? Time to hit the Ignore button.

Good. I like triggering morons, and you certainly qualify. You right wing ideologues are just as dangerous and dumb as the left wing ones; at least some of the right wing ones are patriots and aren't shills for GOP propaganda sites or corporate stooges, so they get some respect. Hit that ignore button, because you can only snivel and never make a valid point anyway, and I could care less about your yard mowing business or your janitorial service or whatever it is you claim is a 'business' and hire those illegal aliens for; you know shit about business, I can clearly tell, you just parrot some dumb shit you read somewhere, trying to sound like you do, same as many of the other assclown poseurs do.

There is nothing bad about a few people quitting a job. Some are touting it as a terrible thing. That is it terrible for the economy is fake news.

Forum List

Back