Realtors to stop using the term "Master Bedroom" ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You can't make this kind of crazy up.
I knew there would come a day that America fell, I just didn't realize it would fall on it's own sword.

1593750703697.png

The term "master" is officially canceled when it comes to describing bedrooms and bathrooms ... at least when you're searching for a home in Houston.

The Houston Association of Realtors is no longer using the word "master" to hype bedrooms and bathrooms on its Multiple Listing Service ... instead, the realtors are going with the word "primary."

The change in terminology, which happened quietly earlier this month, is already in place on HAR's property listing database ... and it came after several members demanded a review of the language, which some believe carries connotations to slavery.

According to HAR, the change has been raised and considered for several years ... and they are finally pulling the plug on "master." It's worth noting ... Houston has one of the nation's highest African-American populations.

Don't celebrate or scream into the void just yet ... HAR says the change is merely a suggestion, and does not constitute a ban of the term "master."

Other "masters" are already on the way out ... like the Court of Master Sommeliers, which says it will no longer use the word "master" before a wine sommelier's last name.

And, it begs the question, what's next on the chopping block?!?

There's The Masters golf tournament, Oprah's Master Class and Master's degrees to name a few.

Godboy

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can't make this kind of crazy up.
I knew there would come a day that America fell, I just didn't realize it would fall on it's own sword.

View attachment 358548

The term "master" is officially canceled when it comes to describing bedrooms and bathrooms ... at least when you're searching for a home in Houston.

The Houston Association of Realtors is no longer using the word "master" to hype bedrooms and bathrooms on its Multiple Listing Service ... instead, the realtors are going with the word "primary."

The change in terminology, which happened quietly earlier this month, is already in place on HAR's property listing database ... and it came after several members demanded a review of the language, which some believe carries connotations to slavery.

According to HAR, the change has been raised and considered for several years ... and they are finally pulling the plug on "master." It's worth noting ... Houston has one of the nation's highest African-American populations.

Don't celebrate or scream into the void just yet ... HAR says the change is merely a suggestion, and does not constitute a ban of the term "master."

Other "masters" are already on the way out ... like the Court of Master Sommeliers, which says it will no longer use the word "master" before a wine sommelier's last name.

And, it begs the question, what's next on the chopping block?!?

There's The Masters golf tournament, Oprah's Master Class and Master's degrees to name a few.

If a realtor uses any words other than "master bedroom", they arent getting my money. Everyone should boycott all realtors who do this loony horseshit.

aaronleland

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They should have changed the name a long time ago. When you and your wife get into an argument which of you has to sleep on the couch? :dunno:

Hossfly

ZIONUT
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a grand idea. From now on I will do the cooking in the Culinary Preparation Area, eat my meal in the Banquet Lounge and take a crap in the Throne Room. Because the Mrs and I had a little Tiff, I will then retire to the Settee because she always locks me out of the Slumber Chamber. No more racial Master Bedroom for this Pilgrim. Hooah!

Polishprince

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is the term "master bait" being replaced as well, maybe to go back to the old school "self abuse" terminology?

mdk

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They are calling it the 'Slave Quarters' now.

harmonica

Gold Member
Reaction score
Master Key
masterpiece
MASTER Dumbshit

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No one alive today was a slave in America so who's fucking feelings is this asinine shit supposed to protect?

If i was a black person I would be sick to death of the liberal patronizing bullshit.

TheParser

Gold Member
Reaction score
This "movement" (whose three initials I refuse to say/write) will fall apart as soon as more people start laughing at its absurdities. It will become a laughing stock.

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a grand idea. From now on I will do the cooking in the Culinary Preparation Area, eat my meal in the Banquet Lounge and take a crap in the Throne Room. Because the Mrs and I had a little Tiff, I will then retire to the Settee because she always locks me out of the Slumber Chamber. No more racial Master Bedroom for this Pilgrim. Hooah!
oh my goodness look at all that white privilege lol

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
They should have changed the name a long time ago. When you and your wife get into an argument which of you has to sleep on the couch? :dunno:
Amen to this.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, the instigator should be the one who is banned from the bed.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List