Real men massage their dogs!

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So I was in the backyard with my dog yesterday throwing the ball and him chasing it relentlessly. I didn't go overboard as he is now 6 years old and he doesn't know his limits, so I only threw it a handful of times, of course he loves it being a German Sheppard/Lab mix. I have to set limits for him because he would literally play for hours without stopping.

When he came in he had a slight limp. It's happened before as I fear due to his breed he could suffer from hip and joint problems. I did what any real man would do. I gave him a massage.

I don't want to see him suffer, and I recommend anyone with an aging dog, especially a large breed dog, to engage in massages with them. It can really decrease their pain and suffering and might even extend their life.

I've done it a few times before so the very word "massage" gets his tail wagging and brings him to willingly relax on the floor on his side. I was sore from the gym myself but didn't hesitate. One leg meticulously at a time, then his spine and hips. A total investment of about 15 minutes of my time, but worth far more to him.

Bottom line. Man (or woman up) and massage your dog! :) They will love you even more I promise.

Show me a man that doesn't jerk off his hunting dog, or kiss his woman in the right spots, and I'll walk off with both of them in about 15 minutes.

My cat loves to be scratched.

He does not have thumbs so he can't use the back scratcher.

Forum List

Back