Real-Life: Airport

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
A vignette about living condition(s), inspired by the iconic lifestyle-series Real World (MTV). Enjoy,

:bigbed:

====

The quartet of Windy-City residents, two of them, girls, U-Chicago assistant-profs, had settled into their shared apartment and two of them, boys/men, were commuting workers using the Xmas-subway system. The quartet (Ian, Shelbye, Amlan, Danica) thought about orchestrating a subway ride to O'Hare (airport) en-route to a trip to Amsterdam for the New Year (2022).

iam8.jpg

IAN: The apartment is affordable/comfy and reflective of the scene(s) of the Windy-City, so we're thinking of that!
SHELBYE: We're to think of the O'Hare experience en-route to Amsterdam as the 'perfect' New Year giftedness.
AMLAN: We're the ultimate real-life television quartet, working-folk and teachers, and we're all Bears-market fans, no?
DANICA: I've got a crush on Amlan, but he doesn't know it (yet)!

iam2.jpg

Ian was a graphic-designer commuting into the city (Chicago) in the post-9/11 era and worked on various building support-systems designs utilizing modern approaches to geometric hybridization, a blending of European and American aesthetic(s).

iam3.jpg

IAN: If I'm the 'captain' of this Windy-City vessel, which I think I am, then this residence represents a media-reflection of urban imagination!

iam1.jpg

Shelbye, like Danica, was a newly-appointed U-Chicago asst.-prof (linguistics) and visited the university library (often) with Danica since she worked in cognitive-science(s) which is closely 'wed' to linguistics these days. Shelbye thought about the global social transition between lifestyle convenience design and actual function, which would make their trip to Amsterdam via O'Hare a re-presentation of Earth-media!

iam4.jpg

AMLAN: I don't mind uploading our daily-life functions/activity on YouTube for this 'Real-World/Life' media-IQ, but for education/chess/media.

texas2.jpg

Danica, a cognitive-science(s) asst.-prof at U-Chicago, was a neat-freak and detested the way her apt.-mates made light of the quality of visual aesthetics/feel of their shared abode and brought special incense and sponge cleaners she'd regularly/often use to keep all dust/grime away from her heavenly soul! She considered this 'Real-Life' media-lifestyle upload activity-IQ a reflection of modern intuition and wanted her shared-space to reflect that too.

iam5.jpg

SHELBYE: So, I got us this amazing old-world historic gypsy-youth photo (Library) so we'd take turns (drinking) and coming up with fiction-tales.

air17.jpg

When the quartet arrived at the O'Hare via the colorful Windy-City subway on the day of their trip to Amsterdam (Europe), they noted how the walkways and Lufthansa-terminal and general Starbucks amenity would 'cast' their media-life imagination for the New Year and help them think about those special contours between life-chess and world-securities in the post-9/11 era. This was the Real-World indeed.

iam7.jpg

AMLAN: Lufthansa's one of the best airlines around (Germany); the business-class seating is remarkable; I can't wait for the meal(s)/drink(s)!

iam12.jpg

PILOT: Welcome all passengers, specially the 'Real-Life' media-project (YouTube) 'quartet' today, en-route to Amsterdam; all of you get complimentary company pillows for your memory of what should make this transit-experience a re-presentation of Earth-distance(s); thanks.

iam10.jpg

DIARY-ENTRY (Amlan): Amsterdam's bars are wondrous; the bicycles-for-rent are nice postcards; this experience was an expo in deskware.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Attachments

• iam9.jpg
    iam9.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 21

Forum List

Back