Read It And Weep Losers, The Golden Globe Winners Have Been Announced

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
My personal stake has to do with whether one watched it in a theater or not. If you thought a movie was going to win a major award and saw it in a theater, then you get one point. If you thought it was overrated or just didn't have it and skipped it despite the hype in a theater, then you also get one point.

For example, I got one point each for watching Joker, 1917, and Parasite in theaters. Missed OUATIH, but skipped The Irishman in theaters for another 1 point.

Now, we have Netflix streaming movies nominated for awards, so this has not been discussed yet on what to do. It's getting more difficult to say, "I'm going to wait for it on Netflix or on Blu-ray/DVD" if films are making its appearance on streaming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...s-know-irishman-shutout-that-racy-obama-joke/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...0a3090-2dbf-11ea-9b60-817cc18cf173_story.html

3lkw6n.jpg

^^^ Its been seven years now since the last time that I was ever in a movie theater.

The only Golden Globe award that I cared about was which ever one that actress Kaitlyn Dever lost.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. She will always be Eve Baxter from the Last Man Standing TV show to me.

Isn't this another award show we swear we aren't going to watch? Every. Year.

I don't watch movies in theaters except for rare occasions. I am a pretty respectful person but when some 16 year old is providing a lecture before the show starts there is a teeny-tiny part of me that wants to throw popcorn at them.

I don't watch movies in theaters except for rare occasions. I am a pretty respectful person but when some 16 year old is providing a lecture before the show starts there is a teeny-tiny part of me that wants to throw popcorn at them.

I know it gets harder when you get older or become a senior. It's still a hobby, so I go to a movie chat forum and also go with my college age kids. They have different ideas. I usually go by director or genre, but since there is a drive-in in my city, I got there and get a second movie which could be related by genre or not. At least, you get a wider view or follow on IMDB. I also force myself to write reviews when I can, even though it's an old movie or you saw it TV or Netflix, one of the streaming cos, Blu-ray/DVD, or whatever. This way, it forces you to keep in touch. Pre-award shows help pick out what to watch, too.

I agree going to theaters is not for everybody. Some go to play, symphonies, sporting events, etc.

I know it gets harder when you get older or become a senior. It's still a hobby, so I go to a movie chat forum and also go with my college age kids. They have different ideas. I usually go by director or genre, but since there is a drive-in in my city, I got there and get a second movie which could be related by genre or not. At least, you get a wider view or follow on IMDB. I also force myself to write reviews when I can, even though it's an old movie or you saw it TV or Netflix, one of the streaming cos, Blu-ray/DVD, or whatever. This way, it forces you to keep in touch. Pre-award shows help pick out what to watch, too.

I agree going to theaters is not for everybody. Some go to play, symphonies, sporting events, etc.

I go to plays and will watch an orchestra. I just don't like friendly reminders that other people are present. Movie theaters have that.

Weren't the Golden Globes handed out last week? Last Sunday?

I didn't watch the show. Yeah, it was on Sun, Jan 5th, and winners reported on the 6th in the Post. What? I'm only a few days behind. Give me a break. I'm over 55 now :abgg2q.jpg:.

When was the last time you saw a movie in a theater? This century?

The last time I spent my own money to go to a theater, I think, was to see Revenge of the Sith when it came out in 2005.

After that, I don't think I went to a theater again until 2015, when my mother and my brother came to visit for Christmas, and my mother treated me and my brother to a trip to the theater to see The Force Awakens. My wife wasn't interested in seeing that movie, nor in going to a theater, so she stayed home. Same again, two years later, in 2017, to see The Last Jedi.

She didn't come up this last Christmas, and I was going to be content to wait until Redbox had The Rise of Skywalker to see it, but someone gave my wife and I $30 in gift cards for a local theater chain. Again, my wife really didn't want to go to a theater, so I went by myself, and was startled at how quickly I blew through two of the $10 gift cards and a good way through the third, just for one matinée admission to a 4DX showing of the movie, and then used up the rest of that last gift card and about $10 of my own money for a hamburger, fries, and a soft drink at the concession stand.

Forum List

Back