Re present ative

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
representative: a person or thing that represents another or others.
an agent or deputy:

That isn't "leader"- why do "stinky tourist" feel they are?

Why do acolytes (partisan voters) insist on remaining dumb?

Politicians no longer represent the people and they haven't for decades.

I have the perfect leader you all crave, so long as you can keep him inflated long enough, that is

2015-06-12-1434145674-3419863-images.jpg

• Banned
I have the perfect leader you all crave, so long as you can keep him inflated long enough, that is
I have a good one....myself- thanks anyway, keep your dumb, stupid doll-

I have a good one....myself- thanks anyway, keep your dumb, stupid doll-
But he is bipartisan and not bought off by Soros. and company and won't offend a soul!

In other words, a blow up doll beats any corrupt politician.

But he is bipartisan and not bought off by Soros. and company and won't offend a soul!
And, he, like you, is dumb and inflatable-
Well at least you did not start another Jew hating thread, so I'll give you some credit, you little brown shirt you.

I even threw out Soros for you to jump on but you took a big whiff!

Your loss.

A representative should be a leader. He or she should have a vision of where we need to go.

It tells me a lot about a district when they choose a real piece of shit to represent them.

Think about it. A real piece of shit must be representing a whole district of pieces of shit.

"Those other guys spend too much on PORK, but our guy brings home the BACON."

From the best political science book of all time:

Many people in Europe are apt to believe without saying it, or to say without believing it, that one of the great advantages of universal suffrage is, that it entrusts the direction of public affairs to men who are worthy of the public confidence. They admit that the people is unable to govern for itself, but they aver that it is always sincerely disposed to promote the welfare of the State, and that it instinctively designates those persons who are animated by the same good wishes, and who are the most fit to wield the supreme authority. I confess that the observations I made in America by no means coincide with these opinions. On my arrival in the United States I was surprised to find so much distinguished talent among the subjects, and so little among the heads of the Government. It is a well-authenticated fact, that at the present day the most able men in the United States are very rarely placed at the head of affairs; and it must be acknowledged that such has been the result in proportion as democracy has outstepped all its former limits. The race of American statesmen has evidently dwindled most remarkably in the course of the last fifty years.

Several causes may be assigned to this phenomenon. It is impossible, notwithstanding the most strenuous exertions, to raise the intelligence of the people above a certain level. Whatever may be the facilities of acquiring information, whatever may be the profusion of easy methods and of cheap science, the human mind can never be instructed and educated without devoting a considerable space of time to those objects.

<snip>
Hence it often assents to the clamor of a mountebank who knows the secret of stimulating its tastes, while its truest friends frequently fail in their exertions.

<snip>

In the United States the people is not disposed to hate the superior classes of society; but it is not very favorably inclined towards them, and it carefully excludes them from the exercise of authority. It does not entertain any dread of distinguished talents, but it is rarely captivated by them; and it awards its approbation very sparingly to such as have risen without the popular support.

Whilst the natural propensities of democracy induce the people to reject the most distinguished citizens as its rulers, these individuals are no less apt to retire from a political career in which it is almost impossible to retain their independence, or to advance without degrading themselves.

It is and always has been my belief that the role of these Representatives in government is far less about representing the opinions of their constituents and more about representing their constituents right to a Constitutional Government.

They should be doing this by comparing any legislation against the US Constitution (particularly Artcle I, Section 8 and the 10 Amendment) before even considering whether their constituents would approve or disapprove of it.

Forum List

Back