"Rational" Republicans Threaten Third-Party if Cheney's Replaced.

I
For those who thought they would never care about who was the third most important House Republican, Liz Cheney's expected ouster from her leadership position has inspired 100 former Republican leaders drop a letter tomorrow (Thursday 5/13) saying if their party does not separate itself from the former president, they will form a third party:
The Whigs Collapsed Over Slavery. Could the GOP Over Trump?
181230-tomasky-whigs-collapse-tease_yreryu

‘Rationals’ vs. ‘radicals’: Anti-Trump Republicans threaten third party

"The letter, headlined: 'A Call For American Renewal,' is an exploratory move toward forming a breakaway party, two of its organizers said.

"The group is dismayed by what it says is a modern Republican Party driven by its allegiance to Trump, who continues to falsely claim the 2020 election was stolen from him..."

"A spokesman for Trump, Jason Miller, said: 'These losers left the Republican Party when they voted for Joe Biden.'

"Evan McMullin, a former chief policy director for the House Republican Conference and an independent presidential candidate in 2016, said if the Republican Party does not reject lies and extremism, part of it 'will have no choice but to part ways with it and build something new. We’re excited about that prospect.'"

Imho, if four years of Biden has the same effect on Democrats as Trump has had on Republicans, the US may finally get rid of its two-party political monopoly.
Looks like marginalized elitists are left out in the cold and the voting base put them there.

They should just join the Democrats.

:dunno:

I agree traditional Republicans should just switch to the Democratic Party. That would shift the Democrats radically towards the center.

Let the Trumpbots have the Republican Party.

Then in the general election the American people can make the GOP obsolete.

Maybe in a few years the Democratic Party can divide, and we'll be back to where we started - minus the Trumpbot idiots!
Once consolidated and without competition, the Dem party would never split and you would get your CCP-like one-party rule, like you've always wanted.

I hope the American people are smarter than that.

Without the traditional Republicans, the GOP is sunk in the general elections.

Sure, there'd be one party rule, but that would be an extremely diverse, internally divided one party.

Right now, traditional Republicans are looking awfully popular with Democrats and independents.

People like Liz Cheney would win the generals hands down if they'd run as Democrats.

I think they can do whatever the hell they please.

They can call it The Establishment Party. And they can go fuck themselves.

What they seem to be missing is that people are sick of their shit. They're catching on that they, dems and republicans, serve a very narrow segment of the population and the rest get the crumbs.

This is what led to Trump in the first place. In 2016 Sanders made a run at it and did again this time around People seem to have forgotten this.

I said when Trump won "We need someone like Trump, just not Trump" Trump had his benefits and I liked a great deal of what he actually did, and as his first couple of years wound out I definitely supported a good deal of what he was doing, but his personality was simply too self-centered, and this ultimately led to him losing, as he just couldn't shut his trap and he let the dems goad him into shooting himself in the ass repeatedly.

We still need someone like Trump, just not Trump. I'm not interested in voting for some Republican Establishment Party, or whatever BS moniker they choose for themselves, nor the dems, who are batshit nuts and drifting ever further into Nutville.

And Trump is done, IMHO. What this circus is with him still running around I don't know, but he won't be the candidate in 2024.

We need a new party. Repubs are the party of anger, stupidity, and conspiracy theories. They have no value.

What you want is no opposition party, like the good wibble commie cuck you are.
I want a sane party. One that is actually fiscally responsible. One with policy that works. Repubs are neither.

Concern Troll is Concerning....
And you can’t deny what I said. Trump was a giant failure and exposed repub policy as a failure.

Your opinion on what a failure is is about as useless as asking PETA for a brisket recipe.
This is success for you?

huge deficits, giant bailouts, riots, recession, most pandemic deaths, couldn’t hit 3% gdp growth, failed tariffs....

Like the Dems will fix decificts.

Bailouts like Obama did for the auto industry?

Riots were all in democrat controlled cities, by the democratic brown shirts.

Trump pushed the vaccine productions which led to the current reduction.

pandemic mucked the GDP thing, try again.

Tarriffs are actually one of the real constitutional powers of the federal government.

Enjoy being fisked, you pee while sitting down soy boy cuck?
Deficits declined under Obama. They quickly increased under Trump.

Yeah Obama had to fix a mess left by Bush. Trump had a giant farmer bailout created by his failed tariffs.

That's the only one you responded to?

LOL

We need a new party. Repubs are the party of anger, stupidity, and conspiracy theories. They have no value.

I want a sane party. One that is actually fiscally responsible. One with policy that works. Repubs are neither.

Marty, stop the clown act. The Trump GOP is not sane. The pro-Liz people do care about American values.

The GOP-E cares about being cool with their Dem buddies, nothing more.

We'll see what this new party stands for, but it's hard to see how it could be worse than Trump's Crazy Train.
How stupid of the Trump GOP

View attachment 488711
We laugh with all of the comedies, movies, TV talk shows and skits on Dick Cheyney. Just one...The Day After Tomorrow. Where the W character is a moron and the Cheyney character sticks to his gun in an ice age situation that was going to happen anyway. And then the government moves to Mexico as another insult to what a bad nation and how bad Repubs are. Of course Progs pollute and disease the nation higher then the Non Progs.

I
For those who thought they would never care about who was the third most important House Republican, Liz Cheney's expected ouster from her leadership position has inspired 100 former Republican leaders drop a letter tomorrow (Thursday 5/13) saying if their party does not separate itself from the former president, they will form a third party:

"The letter, headlined: 'A Call For American Renewal,' is an exploratory move toward forming a breakaway party, two of its organizers said.

"The group is dismayed by what it says is a modern Republican Party driven by its allegiance to Trump, who continues to falsely claim the 2020 election was stolen from him..."

"A spokesman for Trump, Jason Miller, said: 'These losers left the Republican Party when they voted for Joe Biden.'

"Evan McMullin, a former chief policy director for the House Republican Conference and an independent presidential candidate in 2016, said if the Republican Party does not reject lies and extremism, part of it 'will have no choice but to part ways with it and build something new. We’re excited about that prospect.'"

Imho, if four years of Biden has the same effect on Democrats as Trump has had on Republicans, the US may finally get rid of its two-party political monopoly.
Looks like marginalized elitists are left out in the cold and the voting base put them there.

I agree traditional Republicans should just switch to the Democratic Party. That would shift the Democrats radically towards the center.

Maybe in a few years the Democratic Party can divide, and we'll be back to where we started - minus the Trumpbot idiots!
Once consolidated and without competition, the Dem party would never split and you would get your CCP-like one-party rule, like you've always wanted.

Without the traditional Republicans, the GOP is sunk in the general elections.

Sure, there'd be one party rule, but that would be an extremely diverse, internally divided one party.

Right now, traditional Republicans are looking awfully popular with Democrats and independents.

People like Liz Cheney would win the generals hands down if they'd run as Democrats.

Marty, stop the clown act. The Trump GOP is not sane. The pro-Liz people do care about American values.

The GOP-E cares about being cool with their Dem buddies, nothing more.
Ah, the guys signing this are long past "service age." "We" make up less than 5% of gop votes at this point, I'd guess. I voted for Romney, but the last time I had enthusiasm ... W was not yet potus. In fact, Forbes was the fav, until he failed "social conservative" litmus testing.

I

The dems could never coalesce into the center. They were the predominant party from 46-72, but they imploded for supporting civil rights.
No, they imploded because they were weak on energy and had been infiltrated by leftists.

We'll see what this new party stands for, but it's hard to see how it could be worse than Trump's Crazy Train.
How stupid of the Trump GOP

She got fired because she thought her opinion of Former President Trump was more important than the job she was required to do.
You are stupid enough to make the same mistake ... :auiqs.jpg:

As is pointed out so many times by Conservatives, we are a Republic, not a pure Democracy.

Congress people are required first and foremost to live up to their congressional oaths, second to act in the best interests of their constituents and the country as their conscience dictates, and only to vote and act as their constituents want when the first two are not violated.

I

The dems could never coalesce into the center. They were the predominant party from 46-72, but they imploded for supporting civil rights.
No, they imploded because they were weak on energy and had been infiltrated by leftists.
I don't think Bobby Kennedy and MLKjr were lacking.

As is pointed out so many times by Conservatives, we are a Republic, not a pure Democracy.

Congress people are required first and foremost to live up to their congressional oaths, second to act in the best interests of their constituents and the country as their conscience dictates, and only to vote and act as their constituents want when the first two are not violated.

Representative Cheney Didn't lose her job as a Republican.
She didn't lose her job because she violated her oath.
She didn't even lose her job because she failed to act in the best interest of her constituents.

She lost her job as Republican House Conference Chair because she wasn't doing her job.

The first thing she said after being fired was that she would do everything in her power to see that Former President Trump never gets elected again ...
Well, that wasn't her fucking job as Republican House Conference Chair ... :thup:

She didn't even lose her job because she failed to act in the best interest of her constituents.

She lost her job as Republican House Conference Chair because she wasn't doing her job.

The first thing she said after being fired was that she would do everything in her power to see that Former President Trump never gets elected again ...
Well, that wasn't her fucking job as Republican House Conference Chair ... :thup:

Upholding and defending the Constitution IS her job as a congress person - and it WAS her job as Republican House Conference Chair.

She got voted out of that position by a bunch of traitors that should be expelled from congress!!!

Upholding and defending the Constitution IS her job as a congress person - and it WAS her job as Republican House Conference Chair.

She got voted out of that position by a bunch of traitors that should be expelled from congress!!!
1. The impeachments WERE Unconstitutional, duh.
2. The democrats are the traitors that will be expelled from Congress in 2022.

Whatever they decide to call this new party, they should definitely use a Rhino as their mascot.

Forum List

Back